BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E92 Brakes > F32 M-Sport Brakes?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  BM2W 
#1 ·
Moving from a E92 335i to a F32 428i with m-sport brakes, and they don't seem to "bite" nearly as well. :dunno:

Literally cruised right past the card reader at my work's parking garage the first time.

Could it be that the stock E92 brakes are "better" than the upgraded msport F32 brakes?

#3 ·
I don't have the MSport, but agree that F30 brakes don't have the feel / bite of any of my previous BMW's.

I have also noticed the brake dust is almost non-existent, and suspect that's related. I'd be willing to bet BWM has specced different pads, to appeal to more conquest buyers.

The absolute worst brakes I've driven in the last decade were on an AH3. No bite at all. Scary.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#4 ·
I think many confuse bite with stopping distance. Often that is dictated by tires. But I'd say that there is more travel until hard engagement on my F30 brakes vs my former E90. Of course others who drove my E90 thought the brakes were grabby. Myself, I'm considering harder pads on my F30 to reduce the travel (if that's the proper mod).

#5 ·
I think that's actually a better way of describing it. As for brake dust, I was amazed at how little my LCI-E92 generated, compared to my original E92 - maybe it was just different wheels with less surface area for the dust to cling to, but it was virtually a non-existent problem. The m-sport brakes, however, are as people have described: dusty as all heck.

#6 ·
I asked my SA about the brake pad media, she said that they have changed it because so many people were complaining about the dust. I had an '04 X3 3.0 and currently an '04 330, and I really like the feel & modulation of the brakes, but they are pretty dirty. Now have a'11 X3 3.5 and a 435CiC w/ sport brakes(on the boat). The X3 brakes work well, but the pedal feel is sort of wooden compared to the '04, we'll see on the 435. If I don't like the feel of the of the sports on the 435, I bet I can find something aftermarket. I'd much rather have the feel/modulation, I don't care about the dust - it washes off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.