Connected App issue destinations - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 428i
Connected App issue destinations

Hello all, I recently purchased a 2016 428i which has navigation. I have the connected app on my Motorola Z2 Play. When I send a destination to my car it acts like it went. But then when I go to my car and try to find it, its no where. My idrive does not have messages in in the connected drive. When I go to the Connected Drive website and I look at mylife service, it says my car is not compatible. I really like the idea of getting my destination on my cell phone and then sending it to my car. Is there some kind of work around to make this work.

Thanks!
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2019, 07:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 18' Tesla Model 3 Perf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by axlsavage View Post
Hello all, I recently purchased a 2016 428i which has navigation. I have the connected app on my Motorola Z2 Play. When I send a destination to my car it acts like it went. But then when I go to my car and try to find it, its no where. My idrive does not have messages in in the connected drive. When I go to the Connected Drive website and I look at mylife service, it says my car is not compatible. I really like the idea of getting my destination on my cell phone and then sending it to my car. Is there some kind of work around to make this work.

Thanks!
Do you have an active connected drive subscription? Are you sending the address from the connected app (bmw connected, blue icon)?

2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue |Blk Leather W/Blue Stiching | Alu. Rhombicle trim | Adaptive Suspension | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Wireless Charging | 21" 718 Wheels| | Executive Pack | HK Stereo (hers)

18' Tesla Model 3 Performance

BMW CCA #477341
Old 08-12-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
Do you have an active connected drive subscription? Are you sending the address from the connected app (bmw connected, blue icon)?
I do not have a subscription. I tried to get MyLife but it wont let me. Is there another one that I should have to make it work?
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2019, 04:04 AM
BMW CCA 69606

Mein Auto: '15 435i '10 535i '08 X5
What year is the 18' Tesla?
Old 08-13-2019, 06:27 AM

Mein Auto: '17 540xDrive; '98 Z3 2.8
Without an active subscription sending a destination is not possible. You could try connecting your phone via usb to send a destination from your phone to your iDrive Nav.
"Seek and ye shall find" - start with your owner's manual!

Click on the MrRebates logo/link for cash back savings at on-line stores like Tirerack!Mr. Rebates
Old 08-13-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi524td View Post
Without an active subscription sending a destination is not possible. You could try connecting your phone via usb to send a destination from your phone to your iDrive Nav.
Can you recommend a subscription I should get? And where to get one?

Thanks
Old 08-13-2019, 08:16 AM

Connected Drive / Assist renewal.

Quote:
Can you recommend a subscription I should get? And where to get one?

Thanks
First find out if there is an "active" account assigned to your car. Contact BMW GENIUS & ASSIST @ 800-831-1117 ... It's not inexpensive - as I recall plans start at about $200 / year.
Here's more info ...
https://www.bmwusa.com/explore/connecteddrive.html
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMWAssist_TERMS_and_CONDITIONS_2014_later.pdf (124.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf ServiceAvailabilityMatrix.pdf (198.7 KB, 8 views)

Click on the MrRebates logo/link for cash back savings at on-line stores like Tirerack!Mr. Rebates
Old 08-13-2019, 08:55 PM

After a few phone calls it turns out I have a subscription that has transferred to me. So with that said, it still does not work!
They did a over the phone trouble shoot and have determined that there is something wrong with my head unit and I
have to take it in to the dealer. The only good thing about that is it is still under factory warranty. But my car was a
certified BMW and all software updates should have been done before they sold the car and the dealer did not do that.
So it looks like its going in very soon!!

Thanks for all the help!!
Old 08-14-2019, 09:02 AM
BMW CCA 69606

Mein Auto: '15 435i '10 535i '08 X5
Be aware CPO doesn't cover electronics like the NBT.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:43 AM

Exclamation Connected Drive / Assist

Quote:
After a few phone calls it turns out I have a subscription that has transferred to me. So with that said, it still does not work!
They did a over the phone trouble shoot and have determined that there is something wrong with my head unit and I
have to take it in to the dealer. The only good thing about that is it is still under factory warranty. But my car was a
certified BMW and all software updates should have been done before they sold the car and the dealer did not do that.
So it looks like its going in very soon!!

Thanks for all the help!!
I'm glad that is going to be addressed. It is disappointing that your "selling dealer" didn't spend a little more time going over the "details" when the deal was done.

That said, many customers [not saying you were one] get in a tizzy dealing with all the paperwork ... the details ... this and that ... being arm-wrestled to buy all sorts of optional coverage etc etc etc.

When you get back to your dealer try to arrange some time with their "genius" - that person should be the most knowledgeable about the various features your car has and how they should function.

Last tip - IF your Connected Drive feature was not working because of some product failure you could "ask" to have the coverage "extended" for some additional period to compensate you for the issue. The cost, after it expires, is IMHO a bit pricey.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi524td View Post
I'm glad that is going to be addressed. It is disappointing that your "selling dealer" didn't spend a little more time going over the "details" when the deal was done.

That said, many customers [not saying you were one] get in a tizzy dealing with all the paperwork ... the details ... this and that ... being arm-wrestled to buy all sorts of optional coverage etc etc etc.

When you get back to your dealer try to arrange some time with their "genius" - that person should be the most knowledgeable about the various features your car has and how they should function.

Last tip - IF your Connected Drive feature was not working because of some product failure you could "ask" to have the coverage "extended" for some additional period to compensate you for the issue. The cost, after it expires, is IMHO a bit pricey.
I totally agree that the buying experience can be such a whirlwind! This is my first ever BMW and I had no idea what it meant to buy a Certified BMW other than its a solid car and has a full warranty. As time went on and I started to use the functions more and more, thats when I found out about all this idrive stuff. I just want it fixed at this point and working. And believe me Im going to try to get some time added on to my subscription!
Old Today, 07:02 AM

I took the car in on Monday and got it back Tuesday morning. They had to reprogram the whole car. Its a 2016 and none of the software updates have ever been done.
Its under a full factory warranty and didnt cost a penny! They used a uber and picked me up and took me home on their dime!
The dealer took very good care of me and the car, Im very impressed.
Now my Connected Assist is working perfectly and I can use the app to send travel destinations to the car from the comfort of my home!
This is a great car! Thanks to everyone who took the time to help me out!!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search