2011 halo eye bulbs - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-07-2019, 07:57 AM
rrubberbandman rrubberbandman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Va.- u.s.a.
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 241
Mein Auto: a bmw x5 soon
2011 halo eye bulbs

Hey all,
Since my last visit I've had the joy of getting the starter replaced....all along i thought it was a dyeing battery....wow what a difference! My local indy shop did the starter for @800$ OUCH! Oh well I'm sure it would of been worse at the dealer! And of course the starter died while out getting groceries!
Question for y'all.
The wife keeps asking me if we can update out halo eye bulbs(hope thats the correct term) to the white version like the 2012 models have?
Thoughts?
Prices? tips ot tricks?
Thanks everyone!
B.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-07-2019, 08:19 AM
335iMsport 335iMsport is offline
Registered User
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: 2011 335i M-Sport
Sure can. LUX Angel eyes are very good, although a little expensive. There are cheaper alternatives available.

https://www.luxangeleyes.com/products/lux-h8-180

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2019, 08:46 AM
1bad540's Avatar
1bad540 1bad540 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: newyork
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,722
Mein Auto: E65 750i Sport,C5 z51 e46
mtecs are hard to beat.
__________________
[SIGPIC]
e39 540i sprt, acs type 2's,acs pdls,clrs(sold)
e65 745i sprt,21's aib's acspdls, rf splr(sold)
e46 328i 18" 335spt whls(sold)
c5vette 6sp,z51,2"drp,19"ccw'sshrt shft,corsa exh,dd nav(sold)
e53 X5 3.0, pna rf,,20"4.6rims.(sold)
e65 750I aw, sprt. 21's,acs pdls,acs rfsplr,mtecs,8k hid(sold)
Srt10 VIPER, 19-20" forged,tune,corsa ex,intake.
w221 S550 amg,dia white,20"s63rims
e70 3.5 aw.mtec,20" 214 whls.
e46 M3vert,6spd,19"HRE,bbk,ext,intke
w222 S550 amg, dia white
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 09-07-2019, 09:14 AM
2010xdrive35d's Avatar
2010xdrive35d 2010xdrive35d is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Southeast Texas
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 152
Mein Auto: 2010 X5 xdrive35d White
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMsport View Post
Sure can. LUX Angel eyes are very good, although a little expensive. There are cheaper alternatives available.

https://www.luxangeleyes.com/products/lux-h8-180

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Checking these out, it looks like you just swap the bulb and that's all?

I kept thinking you would have to change the entire headlight housing or assembly.

IMO $199 for a pair of awesome headlights is worth it.

Thanks for the share!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-07-2019, 09:19 AM
335iMsport 335iMsport is offline
Registered User
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: 2011 335i M-Sport
I have an e92 M3 (2013) and all I did was change the bulbs. I believe the e70 X5 is the same (Lux website says the bulbs are compatible with your X5).


Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-07-2019, 09:27 AM
2010xdrive35d's Avatar
2010xdrive35d 2010xdrive35d is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Southeast Texas
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 152
Mein Auto: 2010 X5 xdrive35d White
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMsport View Post
I have an e92 M3 (2013) and all I did was change the bulbs. I believe the e70 X5 is the same (Lux website says the bulbs are compatible with your X5).


Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sweet!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-07-2019, 06:47 PM
rrubberbandman rrubberbandman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Va.- u.s.a.
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 241
Mein Auto: a bmw x5 soon
Thank you all.....so this is a shadetree mechanic driveway job?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-07-2019, 06:49 PM
rrubberbandman rrubberbandman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Va.- u.s.a.
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 241
Mein Auto: a bmw x5 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad540 View Post
mtecs are hard to beat.
Do you have a link?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-11-2019, 08:51 AM
rrubberbandman rrubberbandman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Va.- u.s.a.
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 241
Mein Auto: a bmw x5 soon
Bump. are there any writeups on changing these bulbs?
B.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-11-2019, 10:14 AM
hsindogg's Avatar
hsindogg hsindogg is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Potomac, MD
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 584
Mein Auto: 2011 xDrive35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrubberbandman View Post
Bump. are there any writeups on changing these bulbs?
B.
I had LUX's for about 5 years before one went out. I got good usage out of them since I have the AE's on as DRL's full time. They are a bit pricey and I needed something more economical as I don't plan to have my X5 for another 5 years.

I got these from Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They look as good, and have active (small fan) heatsinks.

As for a write-up of how to do it, LUX has a PDF and there are multiple youtube videos on how to do it. The most difficult part is getting your hands into a tight spot for one of them, I recall some kind of stabilizer bar or something on one side of the engine bay that partially blocks headlight socket.
__________________
Sparkling Bronze 2011 X5 xDrive35d
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-11-2019, 07:00 PM
rrubberbandman rrubberbandman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Va.- u.s.a.
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 241
Mein Auto: a bmw x5 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsindogg View Post
I had LUX's for about 5 years before one went out. I got good usage out of them since I have the AE's on as DRL's full time. They are a bit pricey and I needed something more economical as I don't plan to have my X5 for another 5 years.

I got these from Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They look as good, and have active (small fan) heatsinks.

As for a write-up of how to do it, LUX has a PDF and there are multiple youtube videos on how to do it. The most difficult part is getting your hands into a tight spot for one of them, I recall some kind of stabilizer bar or something on one side of the engine bay that partially blocks headlight socket.
Thanks a bunch.....I'm looking forward to doing this!
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.