X5 E70 CCC upgrade to 10.25" Android - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:15 AM

Mein Auto: 330ci
Does anyone have images of the first one they can post that dont require a premium photobucket membership??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2017, 09:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW X5
No response from the OP, and my curiosity got to me, so I bit the bullet and purchased a unit. I will report back after install. I ordered the Yokotron unit from ebay and it should be at my doorstep Aug 3rd.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5XTHEPROBLEMS View Post
No response from the OP, and my curiosity got to me, so I bit the bullet and purchased a unit. I will report back after install. I ordered the Yokotron unit from ebay and it should be at my doorstep Aug 3rd.
How were you able to get shipping so fast, all the ebay ones i saw were hing kong shipping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2017, 10:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70
Quote:
Originally Posted by rediahad View Post
Does anyone have images of the first one they can post that dont require a premium photobucket membership??
+1 I'd like to see the previous pics!
Old 07-31-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
How were you able to get shipping so fast, all the ebay ones i saw were hing kong shipping
Surprisingly the $50 shipping fee is for standard UPS delivery. Very fast shipping and very abnormal for a Chinese product!
Old 07-31-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Surprisingly the $50 shipping fee is for standard UPS delivery. Very fast shipping and very abnormal for a Chinese product!
I am very interested to hear about your experience. if all is well i will get one once we receive and update. did you go with the free backup camera or does your x5 have one stock?
Old 07-31-2017, 05:14 PM

Mein Auto: X5D
Quote:
great ! would be nice to see a video of the scrolling in action to see how quick it is compared to oem
Old 07-31-2017, 05:34 PM

Mein Auto: X5 e70 3.0i
Quote:

Nice!

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2017, 04:07 AM

Quote:
I am very interested to hear about your experience. if all is well i will get one once we receive and update. did you go with the free backup camera or does your x5 have one stock?
I hope it meets my high expectations. The OP seemed to have favorable thoughts about it, and their products seem smooth for the other BMW platforms. I know it won't help the lag of my oem CCC (it's a pain at times), but if the UI is nice-- it will be worth it.
My car has the backup camera, so I left the order w/o the new camera. I may do a camera swap once I see the clarity on the new screen.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 X5
I have a 2009 X5 with navigation but NO rear view camera or parking distance control. Will this unit give me the ability to have rear view camera if I separately purchase just the camera? Or will I need to buy another rear view camera module and the rear view camera? Very interested and excited!
Old 08-01-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill_kuma View Post
I have a 2009 X5 with navigation but NO rear view camera or parking distance control. Will this unit give me the ability to have rear view camera if I separately purchase just the camera? Or will I need to buy another rear view camera module and the rear view camera? Very interested and excited!
You should be able to just plug it into the unit. The vendor can clarify further, but I do think the units are all coded to have cameras plugged in. Just have to buy the camera and run the lines to the trunk.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:00 PM

Mein Auto: X5 e70 3.0i
Quote:
I hope it meets my high expectations. The OP seemed to have favorable thoughts about it, and their products seem smooth for the other BMW platforms. I know it won't help the lag of my oem CCC (it's a pain at times), but if the UI is nice-- it will be worth it.

My car has the backup camera, so I left the order w/o the new camera. I may do a camera swap once I see the clarity on the new screen.

You probably don't need to swap the camera. As the PP mentioned, the oem camera is not the issue, the lcd makes it look low quality.

I'd like to see if you can read the OBD2 in real time on the new head unit. Especially the coolant temperature.

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2017, 08:46 PM

I think AVINusa is the other brand the OP is referring to. They are sell theirs for $200 more. But according to them, theirs will still keep the idrive knob funtionality. Not sure why the OP's isn't functional...

Last edited by noelskii; 08-02-2017 at 06:34 AM.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:05 AM

I actually just got an invoice from AVIN- they have a deal right now $500 shipped for the unit. Coupon code bimmerfest at check out.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelskii View Post
I actually just got an invoice from AVIN- they have a deal right now $500 shipped for the unit. Coupon code bimmerfest at check out.
Confirm the coupon code does take off $200 from original $699.99. Hope the code works a bit longer because I want to find out more specifics before ordering.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill_kuma View Post
Confirm the coupon code does take off $200 from original $699.99. Hope the code works a bit longer because I want to find out more specifics before ordering.
I already placed an order and that's what it came out to. Person I spoke with said it's only good until this weekend.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:59 AM

Mein Auto: x5
OP can you upload the photos to the forum or to a site like imgur.com that allows linking?
Old 08-03-2017, 06:38 AM

Hi all,

Sorry, I have been busy. I just realised that my photobucket account got blocked.

I don't really listen to just audio. I prefer music video lyrics in my car. That is the main reason for this upgrade. I already have this in my other car and wanted to have the same feature in this e70.

I can say yes you can do navigation and music video at the same time. You can even move the screen wherever you want and change the music video using the steering buttons. See pictures below:

Other ordinary car stereo are in the same price range. For $500usd that was very cheap. My sony 7" stereo in my other car is in the same price but performance is not even close. I install this myself, if I need to go back to the stock it can be done in just an hour or less.

I have been using it for few weeks now and I am very happy. I have friends who own the ccc and cic headunit 8.8 screen, the screen alone is a huge upgrade. Colour and resolution of the stock 8.8 looks old if compared to this.

This is a full android that's why the features is endless. I can even join a Skype meeting while driving just like talking over the phone. I have also tried connecting to my work windows computer remotely and it worked great.

In my work, I also use my radio to clock-in and clock-out instead of using my mobile phone or a swipe card. As soon as I park, I just hit start-work on the page opened thru Chrome.

Last edited by bi; 08-03-2017 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:49 AM

Avinusa was $300 higher for me when I compared it to yokotron and canavie.

The idrive knob actually works when I move it to the right then after that it won't move anymore but if I go to the original my car setting (old ccc screen) the knob works fine.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:50 AM

I will upload a recorded video of how it works this weekend.

Last edited by bi; 08-03-2017 at 06:58 AM.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bi View Post
I will upload a recorded video of how it works this weekend.
Thanks for the update! Can you send me links to your photos from the first post? Or text?
Old 08-03-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelskii View Post
Thanks for the update! Can you send me links to your photos from the first post? Or text?
I would also appreciate the photos too.
Is there any connections to plug in an external harddrive (music and movies)?
Is there any connections for my own dash cam (non BMW)?
Did you get the Apple Carplay adapter?
Old 08-03-2017, 08:58 AM

I was able to view the OP's images by using google chrome. The trick is to right click on the image, select to open in new tab. Once it opens is the new tab, you right click on the photo (the new one, in the new tab) again and open it in another new tab---> and the picture shows up. I'm not sure why that method works, but it has helped me a ton on the forums where this is happening.

Question for the OP: my unit comes in today. Any special advice for install? Also, If I want Bluetooth music to stream, do I need to wire the unit to the speakers? Thanks!
Old 08-03-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
I was able to view the OP's images by using google chrome. The trick is to right click on the image, select to open in new tab. Once it opens is the new tab, you right click on the photo (the new one, in the new tab) again and open it in another new tab---> and the picture shows up. I'm not sure why that method works, but it has helped me a ton on the forums where this is happening.

Question for the OP: my unit comes in today. Any special advice for install? Also, If I want Bluetooth music to stream, do I need to wire the unit to the speakers? Thanks!
Also how does spotify work when running from phone? do the steering controls skip songs on it or would i have to load on unit itself?
Old 08-03-2017, 03:25 PM

Just ordered the AVINUSA unit with backup camera. Tommy was super helpful. should take 3-5 business days.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
10.25" ccc e70 android radio

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search