X5 E70 CCC upgrade to 10.25" Android - Page 4 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:42 PM

Mein Auto: 330ci
it's a 2007 4.8i and both the usb and aux dont work. Also interesting my bluetooth in the car never worked either. sounds like a mulf issue correct? also radio is the base one nothing special, the car didnt come with navi or backup cam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70
Quote:
Originally Posted by rediahad View Post
it's a 2007 4.8i and both the usb and aux dont work. Also interesting my bluetooth in the car never worked either. sounds like a mulf issue correct? also radio is the base one nothing special, the car didnt come with navi or backup cam
USB and AUX that's straight from the back of the AVIN radio?
Old 08-08-2017, 03:54 PM

no, it's the aux that is in the armrest of the x5. i plugged the avin into a separate speaker and it works fine. that is why i am assuming it could be a mulf issue. my sos fault has been on for the passed year and i never actually used the usb or aux before to test them out but they are also not working also bluetooth isn't working. that is the faulty mulf trifecta....errrr quadfecta? either way you know what i mean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2017, 09:14 PM

i installed it and most things work( the rest are prob just settings). However, where does the original plug that was plugged in to the original display go to? DOes it just hang? Lol
Old 08-08-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelskii View Post
i installed it and most things work( the rest are prob just settings). However, where does the original plug that was plugged in to the original display go to? DOes it just hang? Lol
thats a good question, one that i had myself as well. i just left it hanging out in the back and havent seen anything that would lead me to believe that it goes to anything. Does anyone know whether aux in is run off the tcu or the mulf unit?
Old 08-09-2017, 08:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 X5
Seems like there is a lot of questions. Did the unit come with installation instructions? Did you guys contacted the seller? I am waiting for my unit and not sure if I even want it anymore.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW X5
No install directions, but the install is very easy. I used a few YouTube videos to guide me:

Screen removal--

I-drive unit removal to attach new cables behind unit-- or

Mounting spot for new GPS antenna (same spot as the 3series shown in this video)--

I only had the one issue: with my SOS malfunction and Sat radio not working. That is most likely related to not plugging the green wire tightly.

I had no technical issues in my car beforehand, and everything worked just fine after install. PM if you need additional help. I am unable to do a write-up for install, since I am going to be out of the country until the 22nd. I can do one afterward (if no one has done one by then).
Old 08-09-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5XTHEPROBLEMS View Post
No install directions, but the install is very easy. I used a few YouTube videos to guide me:

Screen removal--

I-drive unit removal to attach new cables behind unit--

Mounting spot for new GPS antenna (same spot as the 3series shown in this video)--

I only had the one issue: with my SOS malfunction and Sat radio not working. That is most likely related to not plugging the green wire tightly.

I had no technical issues in my car beforehand, and everything worked just fine after install. PM if you need additional help. I am unable to do a write-up for install, since I am going to be out of the country until the 22nd. I can do one afterward (if no one has done one by then).
Thank you so much. This will definitely be useful. Did anyone buy an aftermarket camera to use with this unit? If so, which camera did you guys get?
Old 08-09-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill_kuma View Post
Thank you so much. This will definitely be useful. Did anyone buy an aftermarket camera to use with this unit? If so, which camera did you guys get?
i bought the latch handle camera add on from avinusa, i like it. i will post pics and a writeup tonight after work.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
i bought the latch handle camera add on from avinusa, i like it. i will post pics and a writeup tonight after work.
A write-up would be much appreciated. Especially which is the reverse light wire will you need to tap into and how to get power for the backup camera. The only reason I didnt buy that one is because its the latch handle one. I have the hole in my X5 (currently cover by a piece of plastic) for it already and feel it would look more OEM if I can get a camera to match that hole instead.

Last edited by ill_kuma; 08-09-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill_kuma View Post
A write-up would be much appreciated. Especially which is the reverse light wire will you need to tap into and how to get power for the backup camera. The only reason I didnt buy that one is because its the latch handle one. I have the hole in my X5 (currently cover by a piece of plastic) for it already and feel it would look more OEM if I can get a camera to match that hole instead.
To me the latch is actually an improvement because it feels better and softer than original, and the harness comes with the both the plugs you need to give power and video to your camera, no need to tap into anything.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:27 AM

Also another thing I noticed, i ordered for a 6.5 inch CCC setup and my idrive knob doesn't work. It will go exactly one tile the opposite way and thats it. Perhaps a CIC upgrade is in order?
Old 08-09-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Also another thing I noticed, i ordered for a 6.5 inch CCC setup and my idrive knob doesn't work. It will go exactly one tile the opposite way and thats it. Perhaps a CIC upgrade is in order?
I have the lowest of the lowest CCC setup. The iDrive knob works perfectly fine for me in the 'Original Car' screen. It also works a little on the droid screen. Just gotta work out a few kinks here and there, but the display quality is fiyaa (when it's not on the 'OC' (original car) menu!!

Right now I'm just trying to figure out a final place (and how to fish out) the 2 dual USB inputs and the AUX input. I'm thinking glove, but I don't see any firewalls to fish it out through. And where to mount the GPS antenna (gotta watch that video link posted above).
Old 08-09-2017, 12:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 X5 35D
Quote:
but the display quality is fiyaa (when it's not on the 'OC' (original car) menu!!.
I think one can have better resolution in the car mode if you had 8.5" screen previously.If you had 6.5" then i think new screen just stretch it out.If thats the case then i believe CCC can be coded to 8.5" screen so that CCC outputs full size picture.Just guessing.

Old 08-09-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I have the lowest of the lowest CCC setup. The iDrive knob works perfectly fine for me in the 'Original Car' screen. It also works a little on the droid screen. Just gotta work out a few kinks here and there, but the display quality is fiyaa (when it's not on the 'OC' (original car) menu!!

Right now I'm just trying to figure out a final place (and how to fish out) the 2 dual USB inputs and the AUX input. I'm thinking glove, but I don't see any firewalls to fish it out through. And where to mount the GPS antenna (gotta watch that video link posted above).
of course knob is going to work the same in the original menu. in the back of your glove compartment the plastic panel comes off, then you can send the usb cables through there. Once i'm done with my writeup you will see pics
Old 08-09-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
of course knob is going to work the same in the original menu. in the back of your glove compartment the plastic panel comes off, then you can send the usb cables through there. Once i'm done with my writeup you will see pics
I am planning to route the USB cables into the glove compartment as well. Let me know if you or anyone can find a way to mount the USBs instead of letting it dangle in there.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I have a 6 cd changer in there and iit sucks cause I have to break off the clips to remove the surrounding panel. I'll probably do it anyway...

Also adding one of these on the passenger side kick panel or completely replace the cig lighter with it:

https://www.amazon.com/USB-Mount-Cab...lush+mount+kit
Old 08-09-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I have a 6 cd changer in there and iit sucks cause I have to break off the clips to remove the surrounding panel. I'll probably do it anyway...

Also adding one of these on the passenger side kick panel or completely replace the cig lighter with it:

https://www.amazon.com/USB-Mount-Cab...lush+mount+kit
there are plenty of options for those on the internet, i just searched usb port for car. i ordered a couple of them off ebay so i just drill a hole and then mount them onto the plastic for a clean look
Old 08-09-2017, 04:16 PM

Mein Auto: X5D
looks like this might be the same unit? $469.99 shipped rebranded mcwauto (LOL) has more features too, door open indicator headlight indicator etc

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074DWGPT6

Last edited by X5Dinosaur; 08-09-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
there are plenty of options for those on the internet, i just searched usb port for car. i ordered a couple of them off ebay so i just drill a hole and then mount them onto the plastic for a clean look
What did you have in mind?

This USB panel is perfect for us. Just needs an AUX but not as important to me since I have AUX in my center console.

When you install the backup camera, can you document what wire needs to go where and some pics?

Last edited by ill_kuma; 08-09-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:10 PM

Just fished the 2 USB and 1 Aux to the glove- easier than I thought. Hooked up my back up camera. Camera was easy since I already had an AM LCD on top of my rearview mirror. All I had to do was fish the video cable through the glove.

AVIN also just emailed me some quick startup guides with some instructions... see attached.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:02 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 E70
A bit confuse about the AUX and USB. We originally have one USB and AUX under the armrest. With this unit I see there are 2 USB and a AUX coming out from it. So now we have 3 USB and 2 AUX in total. Or we have to connect them together so finally we only have 2 USB and 1 AUX?
Old 08-10-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplayer View Post
A bit confuse about the AUX and USB. We originally have one USB and AUX under the armrest. With this unit I see there are 2 USB and a AUX coming out from it. So now we have 3 USB and 2 AUX in total. Or we have to connect them together so finally we only have 2 USB and 1 AUX?
The ones that come with the new unit are all additional...for me at least. I don't have USB in my armrest, only AUX. now I have 2 aux and 2 USB.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:47 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 E70
Quote:
The ones that come with the new unit are all additional...for me at least. I don't have USB in my armrest, only AUX. now I have 2 aux and 2 USB.
Thanks for the confirmation. Waiting for my unit to arrive
Old 08-11-2017, 06:23 PM

Hi guys, m tempted to install this unit just because my 2008 3.0sd already had a sos call failure and my aux n reverse camera not working. Need to replace bluetooth module which would be hefty $450 aud!! So would rather install this unit but unsure if all functions will work incl reverse camera with the this annoying error. Any suggestions guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
10.25" ccc e70 android radio

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search