2018 iDrive and Audio System AutoPlays - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions

General BMW Questions
Use this forum to ask general question about the BMW ownership and keep up on the latest BMW news. Direct all model specific questions to model specific forums below.

Old 09-06-2018, 01:14 PM

Mein Auto: 335 Cic
2018 iDrive and Audio System AutoPlays

It has been exasperating trying to search for other people who have my exact problem in the 4 Series room and I'm wondering if anyone has it on other 2018 models.

Please read my problem carefully as it's not the same as any I've seen out there:
I have my 2nd 2018 440xic (first one was ordered incorrectly but, MMI wise, exactly the same) that I picked up 12/2017. I had the one before it for 5 months.

I never listen to music from my iPhone (X). I never even open the app. I have the phone on Bluetooth as well as plugged into the USB (for charging). I always listen to Sirius/XM through the vehicle system. Not always, but 90% of the time, between 1 and 2 minutes after starting the car, the system switches from Sirius/XM to Bluetooth AND starts playing the song list from my Music app. WEIRDER still, if I pick up my phone and scroll through apps the Music app isn't even open.

I've done everything that I've seen on the iPhone as far as turning every AutoPlay off and disabling autoplay in Restrictions. It still does it.

BTW: I did not order my vehicle with CarPlay. This never happened in my last 2018 or any other vehicle I have or have had. I'm at my wits end!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2018, 05:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
2018 iDrive and Audio System AutoPlays

That is odd. I checked the BimmerCode app and thereís nothing about a preferred audio source. Yes, your phone will start sending music to the head unit via the usb cable if the head unit selects that usb input. Mine starts with the first song thatís at the top of the alphabetically sorted list. Iíd check with the dealer as the car is under warranty.

Second thought: how is the sat reception when this happens?
Old 09-07-2018, 09:54 AM

Mein Auto: 335 Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozandrini View Post
That is odd. I checked the BimmerCode app and thereís nothing about a preferred audio source. Yes, your phone will start sending music to the head unit via the usb cable if the head unit selects that usb input. Mine starts with the first song thatís at the top of the alphabetically sorted list. Iíd check with the dealer as the car is under warranty.

Second thought: how is the sat reception when this happens?
That's what I thought. There is no selecting of anything (well that I'm doing) on the head unit, it just randomly switches from Sat to USB. I have an appointment to go see the BMW Genius guys next week.

Great thought about the SAT reception. I wondered if that was it as I park in a large garage during the day. It happens at that 1-2 minute mark though whether I'm out in the open [with great reception] or in the garage. I'll post here whatever I find out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2018, 07:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Please keep us posted. Iím betting the dealer will exchange what amounts to the head unit.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 X3 35i xDrive MSport
If you never listen to music from your phone, why not just uncheck the Bluetooth Audio option? Your autoplay problem should never happen again

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
bluetooth, iphone

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions
Today's Posts Search