Turner motorsport just hung up on me? Are you serious? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members or vendors here.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e39 540 sport
Turner motorsport just hung up on me? Are you serious?

Bye-bye Turner! I spend 10k plus a year on my car and will happily keep sending my buisness to ECS.

Basically, i bought brass bushings from Turner, which only fit backwards in my 2000 540i for some reason. When installed backwards they slide back and forth and have quite a bit of side to side play. I emailed turner about this. I recieved a phone call 24hrs later, dont remember who i spoke to but he was rude as hell, and ended up hanging up on me after i told him they havent done enough research and they clearly dont fit my calipers, nor the e36 m3 i had.
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2015, 05:52 PM

Mein Auto: F22 228i M-Sport & E30 31
Hey guys, Jason, the Sales Manager, from Turner Motorsport here (the hanger-upper).

As we all know there's 2 sides to every story, so I may as well share mine.

Boostedwolfie bought some brass caliper bushings recently and had a problem installing them on his E39 540i. He was kind enough to provide pictures of them installed...backwards. He knew they were installed backwards, but mentioned they didn't fit the other way either. When asked if he could try again, the correct way, and then send pics of the issue he was having so we could assist with the issue...is when things turned sour. I didn't think that was an unreasonable request given that we've sold thousands of these bushings...lots to E39 540 customers and (even more so to E36 M3 customers) never had an issue. Boostedwolfie then mentioned that he "had the same issue with the ones bought from ECS" and "maybe my calipers are defective, but they're ATE". I simply explained that we can't take back installed parts (industry standard and he provided a photo showing them installed) as they can't be resold, but I'm happy to help determine what the real issue is. Boostedwolfie stated "I don't really care", "they weren't installed" and that he plans on returning them "on our dime" and "we can refund him". I again tried to determine what the real issue could be and at that point boostedwolfie just yelled, screamed and swore. Every attempt to help involved him just yelling. At that time I stated that "I'm not interested in the attitude and I will do my best to help once we figure out what the real issue was".

After a few more choice words for me demanding "a f-ing refund" and stating "I'm the f-ing customer and I'll get my money one way or another", I was done being berated. Again, every attempt made to talk to boostedwolfie turned in to him talking over me, yelling, screaming and swearing stating "I'm the f-ing customer".

Since when did this become ok..treating another person, a fellow enthusiast, someone that's trying to help, like this? I'm a 34 year old adult. Can you imagine what would happen if I called my Bilstein, H&R, KW, Borla, etc rep and made demands while yelling and swearing at them.....after all, I'm (Turner Motorsport) the customer..... They would shut down our account in a second...and likely black list us with a lot of other vendors in the BMW community.

So, in conclusion, yes I hung up on the OP. Did he deserve it? In my eyes, absolutely.

I've likely met many of you at a Bimmerfest event. I'm a pretty easy going, relaxed dude, but when you treat me or any of my sales rep with so much disrespect, that's when my help meter goes from full to empty.

Boostedwolfie, if you'd like help figuring out why these bushings (or the ones from ECS) don't fit YOUR calipers, I might be interested in helping......but I'd recommend a different approach.

For anyone that needs to get a hold of me in the future, feel free to email me at [email protected] or give me a call @ 800.280.6966 x-137.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2015, 08:47 PM

Sir, the way you talked to me was completely out of line. Clearly, you need to work on customer relations. I originally just wanted help, ive had my car up in the air multiple times this week in an apartment complex that doesnt allow working on your car, so removing it all again from my daily was a big deal. You should have offered alternatives instead of speaking to me like a child and hanging up on me.

Also you still have not said why they physically cannot fit my 2000 540i calipers, which is just an observation, not a question at this point.

Also, i will post a picture up of them NOT fitting my stock ATE calipers this weekend, when i change the piston seals.

Last edited by boostedwolfie; 06-10-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedwolfie View Post
Sir, the way you talked to me was completely out of line. Clearly, you need to work on customer relations. I originally just wanted help, ive had my car up in the air multiple times this week in an apartment complex that doesnt allow working on your car, so removing it all again from my daily was a big deal. You should have offered alternatives instead of speaking to me like a child and hanging up on me.

Also you still have not said why they physically cannot fit my 2000 540i calipers, which is just an observation, not a question at this point.

Also, i will post a picture up of them NOT fitting my stock ATE calipers this weekend, when i change the piston seals.
Boostedwolfie I think you need to recall how the conversation actually went down. In NO way was I rude to you outside of hanging up on you during you yelling, screaming and swearing at me.

Based on a little research it seems like this is common place for you...disrespecting other people (VW Vortex ring a bell?).

I, along with our Service Manager and 2 techs, fit a brass caliper bushing in both a rebuilt E39 540 caliper (actually 2 540 calipers) and a rebuilt E36 M3 caliper today. Were the tolerances tight? Absolutely...in fact they were VERY tight on one of the E39 calipers. The bushing actually rubbed on the caliper casting of one of the ones we test fit. In the other 540 caliper, it fit right in without issue.

So, if I wasn't yelled at and you talked to me like a normal human being, this likely could've went down MUCH differently. Instead, well.......we're here.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.gannett View Post
Boostedwolfie I think you need to recall how the conversation actually went down. In NO way was I rude to you outside of hanging up on you during you yelling, screaming and swearing at me.

Based on a little research it seems like this is common place for you...disrespecting other people (VW Vortex ring a bell?).

I, along with our Service Manager and 2 techs, fit a brass caliper bushing in both a rebuilt E39 540 caliper (actually 2 540 calipers) and a rebuilt E36 M3 caliper today. Were the tolerances tight? Absolutely...in fact they were VERY tight on one of the E39 calipers. The bushing actually rubbed on the caliper casting of one of the ones we test fit. In the other 540 caliper, it fit right in without issue.

So, if I wasn't yelled at and you talked to me like a normal human being, this likely could've went down MUCH differently. Instead, well.......we're here.

You are delusional, and a *****, i was not cursing at you i was using curse words. I guess the tolerances on my calipers are so tight they wouldnt go in the right way with a rubber mallet. Do tell how you're installing these tight tolerance bushings. I dont care what 540s youve tested them on, i am the customer and i am telling you that they do not fit my 09/99 540. Mine go half way in the right way and get completely hundg up by the piston casting, i would have to GRIND DOWN THE METAL ON MY CALIPER IN ORDER FOR YOUR BUSHINGS TO INSERT FULLY. Why in the world would i go to these lengths if they fit fine. Pictures tomorrow or saturday of these bushings NOT FITTING.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedwolfie View Post
You are delusional, and a *****, i was not cursing at you i was using curse words. I guess the tolerances on my calipers are so tight they wouldnt go in the right way with a rubber mallet. Do tell how you're installing these tight tolerance bushings. I dont care what 540s youve tested them on, i am the customer and i am telling you that they do not fit my 09/99 540. Mine go half way in the right way and get completely hundg up by the piston casting, i would have to GRIND DOWN THE METAL ON MY CALIPER IN ORDER FOR YOUR BUSHINGS TO INSERT FULLY. Why in the world would i go to these lengths if they fit fine. Pictures tomorrow or saturday of these bushings NOT FITTING.
I see we're heading in the same direction as our phone call, "You are delusional, and a *****".

Kindly provide the photos of them NOT fitting in your caliper. I will provide photos of them fitting in all 3 calipers we fit today. After that, where do we stand? Any product that is cast is subject to indifferences. As I said previously, the tolerances were VERY tight on one of the calipers. We're talking millimeters......cast tolerances. If you had to sand/grind a millimeter or 2 or 3 off your caliper would that be unsafe? Likely not. If you're not comfortable doing that, than I understand...not a big deal.

I can appreciate your frustration. I'm using my, and the rest of Turner Motorsports's experience, to help. If these brass bushings fit 1,000 calipers except 1, then we're inclined to believe it's a caliper or installer issue vs. a part issue.

Best of luck and I hope we have a 2nd chance down the road to prove why our reputation as an innovator and class act business proves true.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:41 AM

Did you just say your tight tolerances are measured in mm? HAH! My wheel spacers are measured in mm, now the issue is obvious.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:50 AM

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-9a&p=70731703

Old 06-18-2015, 05:16 PM

Got around to the brakes again. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1434672231.412776.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	515162 this is the bushing not fitting the correct way, the other caliper was much worse, at least a mm, which im just going to have to assume is due to your bushings mm tight tolerances (hahaha).

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1434672191.646039.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	515160Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1434672203.158080.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	515161 these two pictures show the caliper after i took a cone shaped grinding stone and air rotary tool to it. Its hard to tell how much was necessary but I ended up taking off about maybe 3mm. This wasnt hard for me to do since i had access but what if you dont have a good air compressor air tools etc?

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1434672443.801452.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	515163 here the bushings are fitting correctly, FINALLY. And they actually do not fit any better than they did backwards, still tons of play. I can't be the only one whose tried these on -09/99 540s/ some e36 m3s? TURNER, your bushings are not one size fits all, do some more research!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1434671748.545188.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	515154   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1434671933.106340.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	515157   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1434671949.141338.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	515158  

Last edited by boostedwolfie; 06-18-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:21 PM

Btw that thread proved to be pretty helpful once someone who didnt judge what i was trying to do helped.

Last edited by boostedwolfie; 06-18-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:50 PM

Mein Auto: E30, E39
If there was half as much attitude on the phone as in your posts, I'm not surprised someone would hang up on you.

PS kindly stop spamming other threads with your personal grudge
Old 06-21-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpot_simon View Post
If there was half as much attitude on the phone as in your posts, I'm not surprised someone would hang up on you.

PS kindly stop spamming other threads with your personal grudge

Dude you dont know me, the fact is Turner is wrong but noone seems to care. Big companies like this need to be held accountable.

And i have linked this thread to two other completely relevant threads, so spamming is your opinion.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Today's Posts Search