Bimmerfest guide to tracking your BMW from factory to dealership - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 04-22-2016, 06:35 AM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by augkor View Post
I enjoyed tracking my ED X1 through to Port Neat in New Jersey. Was able to keep pretty close track of it other than the black hole during the few days it was in the deep sea Atlantic.

The last update about 10 days ago from Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics was: "Delivered from (ship) at location New York, NY at 2:30 p.m. on April 13". I have e-mailed my CA and she said there has been no update since then.

I'm curious about this black hole. I have read through the information in this post and others and it sounds like there is really no way to find out what is happening between being delivered from the ship and getting on a truck transport. Has anyone else figured out an alternate way (besides the CA) to get updated information through the Customs/VDC time?

Just a bit anxious to get back in the X1 again
In my experience there really is no way of tracking it from the ship through customs then through the VPC. It's another black hole.

We CA's see it arrive at the port, then lose track of it until it either pops back up as on a truck heading to the store, or at VPC.

Sorry I don't have a better answer.

~M~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2016, 12:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2019 540x
I was told today that the priority one orders must leave the VPC within three days.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:39 PM

Mein Auto: BMW soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael @ BMW Seattle View Post
In my experience there really is no way of tracking it from the ship through customs then through the VPC. It's another black hole.

We CA's see it arrive at the port, then lose track of it until it either pops back up as on a truck heading to the store, or at VPC.

Sorry I don't have a better answer.

~M~
Thanks. That's what I thought. My CA told me yesterday that they had a tentative reservation showing for the car to be put on a truck at the port on April 26, so it sounds a bit more promising.

Based on that, the car will have been in customs and VPC for just about 2 weeks. Obviously not a priority 1 vehicle . However, the entire delivery from drop-off in Frankfurt to the dealer should still fall pretty close to 6 weeks, which I think is pretty good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2016, 08:41 AM

Mein Auto: M4
Canadian equivalent

Great post and directions. Does anyone know if this will work for vehicles destined for Canada or if there is an equivalent for Canadian purchases?
Old 05-08-2016, 09:49 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandalwood View Post
Great post and directions. Does anyone know if this will work for vehicles destined for Canada or if there is an equivalent for Canadian purchases?
Your cars are shipped from Germany the same as those destined for the U.S. but all of yours are imported by BMW Canada through a Canadian port of entry. You may be able to find information on BMW Canada's website: http://www.bmw.ca/en/home.html
Old 05-08-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninong View Post
Your cars are shipped from Germany the same as those destined for the U.S. but all of yours are imported by BMW Canada through a Canadian port of entry. You may be able to find information on BMW Canada's website: http://www.bmw.ca/en/home.html
Thanks for the quick response.

I couldn't find an equivalent section on Canadian site to search by production number. I did send them an email asking for info on my cars production. If there is a section on their web site for checking, then hopefully they will direct me there.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response.

I couldn't find an equivalent section on Canadian site to search by production number. I did send them an email asking for info on my cars production. If there is a section on their web site for checking, then hopefully they will direct me there.
I believe I found it for you, just log in and register: http://www.bmw.ca/en/topics/owners/owners/myBMW.html

Do you have your production number?
Old 05-08-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
I believe I found it for you, just log in and register: http://www.bmw.ca/en/topics/owners/owners/myBMW.html

Do you have your production number?
When I go to that portion of the site I get the following message. I do have my production number.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMWcanada.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	562395  

Last edited by Sandalwood; 05-08-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
When I go to that portion of the site I get the following message. I do have my production number.
Did you try clicking on "I currently drive a BMW Group vehicle?" Try that and see if it will accept your production number. If not, call your client advisor tomorrow morning and ask him/her how you can set up your My BMW account with the BMW Canada website. Once it is set up, you should be able to track your car there but the information is sometimes not as up-to-date as some of the other possible ways to check it.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Did you try clicking on "I currently drive a BMW Group vehicle?" Try that and see if it will accept your production number. If not, call your client advisor tomorrow morning and ask him/her how you can set up your My BMW account with the BMW Canada website. Once it is set up, you should be able to track your car there but the information is sometimes not as up-to-date as some of the other possible ways to check it.

When I click on "I currently drive a BMW Group Vehicle" it asks for the VIN and no place for production number.

Good suggestion for contacting CA tomorrow.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
When I click on "I currently drive a BMW Group Vehicle" it asks for the VIN and no place for production number.

Good suggestion for contacting CA tomorrow.
Entering the production number instead of the VIN didn't work?
Old 05-08-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Entering the production number instead of the VIN didn't work?
Unfortunately no
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMWcanada2.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	562412  
Old 05-12-2016, 05:02 PM

Just a quick update.

Canadian BMW site totally lacking in ability to track vehicle by production number. This was confirmed by customer service agent and through BMW Canada email. It appears that there are no plans to rectify the situation either!
Old 05-16-2016, 01:16 PM

Mein Auto: Acura TSX Wagon
Tracking your car at United Road from VPC to dealer

The information on tracking your car from the VPC to the dealer was sparse.

I wrote a guide on how to track your car from the VPC to the dealer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ted%20Road.rtf
Old 05-16-2016, 01:28 PM

Thank you. Do you know if this applies to Canadian vehicles?
Old 05-16-2016, 02:47 PM
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTINCA View Post
The information on tracking your car from the VPC to the dealer was sparse.

I wrote a guide on how to track your car from the VPC to the dealer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ted%20Road.rtf
Very cool! Would it be alright with you if I added this content into the first post?

Tim
Old 05-16-2016, 03:21 PM

Mein Auto: Acura TSX Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
Very cool! Would it be alright with you if I added this content into the first post?

Tim
Hi Tim,

Yes, it will be okay with me. I didn't put the information within the body because I wonder if UR would like that information about their web site so readily available. At least with the link, only an interested user would click on it.

ktinca
Old 05-16-2016, 04:40 PM
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTINCA View Post
Hi Tim,

Yes, it will be okay with me. I didn't put the information within the body because I wonder if UR would like that information about their web site so readily available. At least with the link, only an interested user would click on it.

ktinca
Thanks! I've added the details to the first post now.

Tim
Old 07-16-2016, 11:17 PM

Mein Auto: Glacier Silver X4 M40i
X-series cars tracking

Tim - I don't see any subject or posts describing the "factory to dealersip" steps for cars produced at Spartanburg as a customer specific order. That would be nice to have also.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:08 AM

Mein Auto: Genesis
Can anyone direct me to how to get the vehicle Inquiry Report as shown in the first post? I have my production number in My BMW, but the tracking function just shows a simple time line. Thanks!
Old 12-07-2016, 10:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2016 340i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramig45 View Post
Can anyone direct me to how to get the vehicle Inquiry Report as shown in the first post? I have my production number in My BMW, but the tracking function just shows a simple time line. Thanks!
Only your dealer can access that for you.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:10 PM

Mein Auto: audi a4
I put in an order through the dealership this past Saturday. They stated they had allocation. I have not received a production number yet, either because the dealer has yet to receive or the dealer is just lazy and hasnt sent it to me. Its been 2 business days and just wondering if the lack of production number is normal?
Old 05-03-2017, 09:16 PM

Mein Auto: G30 540i
When I try to add production number on bmwusa.com -> Add Vehicle, it asks for Date of Purchase and Mileage when purchase. I entered date BMWFS ran credit check and 0, clicked continue but nothing happens.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:00 AM

Mein Auto: Maxima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorboat411 View Post
When I try to add production number on bmwusa.com -> Add Vehicle, it asks for Date of Purchase and Mileage when purchase. I entered date BMWFS ran credit check and 0, clicked continue but nothing happens.
You have to use IE. No other browser worked for me until I went to IE
Old 05-04-2017, 10:02 AM

Mein Auto: G30 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
You have to use IE. No other browser worked for me until I went to IE
I was using IE.

Its expecting me to have already bought the car, since its asking for delivery/purchase date and initial miles on the car. Tried using BMWFS credit check/order date and 0 but nothing. The page isn't showing any errors/info whatsoever.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
bmw, bmw ordering, bmw ordering guide, bmw tracking, bmw tracking guide, tracking your bmw

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search