PCD on March 27th! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Performance Center Delivery

Performance Center Delivery
Are you interested in picking up your new BMW at the Performance Delivery Center in beautiful South Carolina? Get all your questions about picking up your car answered here by staff from the Performance Delivery Center and other members who have already had the experience! ... View the PDC Wiki -- View the Delivery Date Calendar -- Add Your Delivery Date to the Calendar

Old 02-14-2015, 04:42 AM

Mein Auto: MB
PCD on March 27th!

Picking up my X6

Anyone else on March 27th?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2015, 04:45 AM

3 week window question

I'm wondering if it's risky to purchase airline tickets prior to the 3 week window they give you. There's only one nonstop flight from NYC that would work for me and don't want to risk it booking up or increasing in price.

Anyone have any experience with their delivery date being postponed?

Thoughts/Suggestions?

thanks!!
Old 02-15-2015, 07:12 PM

Mein Auto: GS 435i
Well, I don't think anyone can predict if your delivery would be cancelled. The only reason the Performance Center would cancel is if they got a snow/ice storm and the weather in Spartanburg that time of year is generally above freezing.

I noticed your delivery date is on a Friday. One thing you may want to consider is booking the hotel for another night on BMW's rates. There's a lot going on the day of delivery and I was pretty whooped by the end of the day. I stayed over and had a nice enjoyable drive back up to NJ the following morning.

At any rate, enjoy the delivery. You'll have a blast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2015, 06:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 16 435 CV Msport PPK, Q5
Extremely unlikely that the performance center would cancel anything. N4S
Old 03-14-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmr927 View Post
Well, I don't think anyone can predict if your delivery would be cancelled. The only reason the Performance Center would cancel is if they got a snow/ice storm and the weather in Spartanburg that time of year is generally above freezing.

I noticed your delivery date is on a Friday. One thing you may want to consider is booking the hotel for another night on BMW's rates. There's a lot going on the day of delivery and I was pretty whooped by the end of the day. I stayed over and had a nice enjoyable drive back up to NJ the following morning.

At any rate, enjoy the delivery. You'll have a blast.

What route did you take?
Old 03-15-2015, 06:47 AM

Mein Auto: GS 435i
I took the scenic route. On the back of the brochure that the Performance Center sends you there are directions that will take you to the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you choose to go this way, the fun starts once you get through Brevard, NC. After you pass through the town, you will turn into Pisgah National Park which leads to the Blue Ridge Parkway. The road up the mountain is a blast - very twisty. The entrance for the BRP is at the top of the mountain and unfortunately it was closed when I went (December). From what I saw online, the BRP can be a beautiful drive. Being that the BRP was closed, I continued on the road back down the mountain and headed back north via 40 to 81. Route 81 is a nice ride but used by a lot of truckers. For the most part it's a two lane road and occasionally you get stuck behind a pair of trucks going uphill. From 81, I headed on 60 towards Washington D.C. and eventually jumped back on 95.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:57 AM

Thanks so much for the info. Hopefully a nice route this time of year.

Wondering a good place to stay en route back to NY. Somewhere with good nightlife, restaurants, etc.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 F82 M4
PCD on March 27th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontwry View Post
Wondering a good place to stay en route back to NY. Somewhere with good nightlife, restaurants, etc.

Depending where you are in NY, DC would be an approximate half-way point to stay. Lots of great restaurants and nightlife here. And you don't have to stay in District proper. Alexandria, VA, just across the Potomac river, has some good places to stay and eat and go out, and Old Town has more of the colonial neighborhood feel if that's of interest.

Last edited by M4Stig; 03-15-2015 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 435xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontwry View Post
Thanks so much for the info. Hopefully a nice route this time of year.

Just keep in mind by the time u hit the road after pcd is over it will probably be after 3 PM. I drove 4 hours and stayed at Roanoke VA. There are restaurants in town but not much nightlife. Just keep in mind u maybe tired from the day at pcd

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Performance Center Delivery
Today's Posts Search