Battery dead during the Covid-19 lockdown?? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1M & M2 > E82 1M Coupe (2011 - 2012)

E82 1M Coupe (2011 - 2012)
In many ways the spiritual successor to the E30 M3. Powered by a M derivitive of the N54 the inline six makes 340hp and giving the 1M a 0-60 time of 4.5 seconds.

Old 05-08-2020, 11:56 AM

Mein Auto:
Battery dead during the Covid-19 lockdown??

Hey everyone, just finally getting to drive your car after it's been sitting for a while only to discover your battery is dead? We wanted to provide a few options that might be helpful to avoid the dead battery scenario. Vehicle set up and parasitic draw can certainly shorten the duration of how long batteries can go before getting too low in addition to the age and quality of the battery itself. Some may have very limited draw and be lucky enough to let their cars sit longer than others but more so it seems more all too common to have many come back to a dead battery.

So we have a few things that can help if this happens to you or even possibly eliminate the problem.

The Microstart Portable Jump-Starters will easily jump the car if you've got a dead battery, totally portable and light weight and easy to use and get you out of a jam if your battery is dead
https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro.../micro-starts/

The Wireless Starting Harness will allow you to run a lead directly to your battery if you have an electonic Frunk allowing you to connect the Microstart to the battery when you can't access it directly.
https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...jump-starting/

The Battery Tracker is cool little tool you attach right to the battery and pair up via Bluethooth to your phone, it can send you real time voltage anytime you come within 30 ft of the device along with notifications to let you know if it's getting low so you know to put it on a charger
https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...acker-lithium/
https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...ker-lead-acid/

Lastly, our Automotive line of batteries all have a built in battery management system that protects your battery from getting over discharged (not too mention a ton of other benefits) so you can't drain it down too far to the point of damaging it but in addition ur full group sizes have built in wireless jump starting so you are always left with enough energy to start the car and are never left stranded with a dead battery
https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...es/automotive/

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or anything we can help you out with!

Click image for larger version

Name:	porsche_post_9f0eb9e8a145d2a14af440a3c8f887823eaf204d.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	891753
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2020, 05:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328xi
Just looked at your website. It appears that your batteries wouldn't work in a modern (<10 years) BMW. Power is too low, and the prices are very high. Maybe I am wrong?
Old 05-11-2020, 06:16 AM
Nuclear engineer

Mein Auto: CPO2012 X5 35d M57(E70)
Interesting. I hadn't noticed.
Scepticism is the chastity of the intellect, and it is shameful to surrender it too soon or to the first comer: there is nobility in preserving it coolly and proudly through long youth, until at last, in the ripeness of instinct and discretion, it can be safely exchanged for fidelity and happiness.
(The Works of George Santayana p. 65)

Eschew eristical argumentation. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:57 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by southcoastguy View Post
Just looked at your website. It appears that your batteries wouldn't work in a modern (<10 years) BMW. Power is too low, and the prices are very high. Maybe I am wrong?
Well, we have a lot of customers using our batteries in the newer BMWs; our batteries come with 1600CA and up to 60ah incapacity, which I feel is more than enough to start up any modern car. Here is a link to our automotive batteries-
https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...es/automotive/

They come with the world's 1st Built-in Wireless Jump-Start feature as well. That means if your battery is ever discharged, simply press the Button on our provided Keyfob, start the car and drive away! No need for a Jump-Starter, or Roadside Assistance. You donít even have to open the hood of the car to access the battery, and can do it from the safety of sitting in your car!
Old 05-11-2020, 02:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328xi
The battery for my 2014 328i is 90AH. I am not sure I would try a battery with significantly lower amperage.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:01 PM
Nuclear engineer

Mein Auto: CPO2012 X5 35d M57(E70)
Quote:
Originally Posted by southcoastguy View Post
The battery for my 2014 328i is 90AH. I am not sure I would try a battery with significantly lower amperage.
AH Ampere-hours is capacity, not current capability. Gallons volume capacity, not gallons per minute current, or head pressure potential.
Scepticism is the chastity of the intellect, and it is shameful to surrender it too soon or to the first comer: there is nobility in preserving it coolly and proudly through long youth, until at last, in the ripeness of instinct and discretion, it can be safely exchanged for fidelity and happiness.
(The Works of George Santayana p. 65)

Eschew eristical argumentation. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1M & M2 > E82 1M Coupe (2011 - 2012)
Today's Posts Search