335i sedan, lowered, now vibrations galore! help! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: e90
Unhappy 335i sedan, lowered, now vibrations galore! help!

Well, had my car lowered on h&r sport springs, which happened to absolutly CAN the car... looks good, but a PITA going over bumps etc. Had the car aligned, toe, camber etc fixed. Since the car was lowered, their is a odd vibration that occurs when accelerating promptly at any speed. The tech who did the alignment says because the car got lowered so much, its the driveshaft angle thats causing the vibrations...

any thoughts? anyone else have these problems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A car
How about raising it some (back off some of lowering) and see if it sorts it out... it's possible you lowered it too far...

Honestly, I had to rewrite this twice... I can't believe that you can't work this out yourself...
Old 09-23-2008, 08:30 PM

Mein Auto:
why on earth would you lower a luxury sedan? it's not a Mustang Gt. seriously man it's fine the way it is.
You don't drive this.

You're driving this.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:34 PM

Mein Auto: CLS55 AMG

looks good to me....compare a e90 to a e90 not a e36 to a e90....if you can't help the op theres no reason for you to post your opinion...it was not asked of you.....

edit: now you changed it to a bagged mini truck...whats your point???? compare cars that are the same...not a bmw sedan and a PICK UP...douche
Old 09-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome6 View Post
Well, had my car lowered on h&r sport springs, which happened to absolutly CAN the car... looks good, but a PITA going over bumps etc. Had the car aligned, toe, camber etc fixed. Since the car was lowered, their is a odd vibration that occurs when accelerating promptly at any speed. The tech who did the alignment says because the car got lowered so much, its the driveshaft angle thats causing the vibrations...

any thoughts? anyone else have these problems?
Congrats on messing up a good car with idiotic ricer mods!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:53 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssonss1 View Post

looks good to me....compare a e90 to a e90 not a e36 to a e90....if you can't help the op theres no reason for you to post your opinion...it was not asked of you.....

edit: now you changed it to a bagged mini truck...whats your point???? compare cars that are the same...not a bmw sedan and a PICK UP...douche
Wow calm the **** down. It's a message board and im stating my opinion. I dont care if you agree or not. This guy should've obviously bought a Civic SI or a Dodge Challenger SRT8. It's a german luxury sedan. No need for lowering.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:00 PM

Mein Auto: CLS55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestlaxer View Post
Wow calm the **** down. It's a message board and im stating my opinion. I dont care if you agree or not. This guy should've obviously bought a Civic SI or a Dodge Challenger SRT8. It's a german luxury sedan. No need for lowering.
you should take a stroll into the 7ers forum n see how many are lowered...like you said its jsut your opinion...in my opinion lowered german sedans look good....the op never once asked for your opinion period...and comparing a s10 to 335.....right...great comparison!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:06 PM
BMW Genius @ BMW Portland

Mein Auto: M Coupe
Quote:
you should take a stroll into the 7ers forum n see how many are lowered...like you said its jsut your opinion...in my opinion lowered german sedans look good....the op never once asked for your opinion period...and comparing a s10 to 335.....right...great comparison!
i do have to agree with you. a lot of bmws are lowered because they're too high from the factory. a lot of e30 owners bash on other e30s because they're not.....thats right, you guessed it, lowered! im about to buy some lowering springs for my e30 actually. of course mine (and others) aren't going to be bagged, or scraping the ground. geeeeez.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
and if thats yours, that thing is GORGEOUS! i love it.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:22 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Hahaha. The 7 forum. That forum is filled with people who bought a used 2002 7 series for as much as a new Ford Fusion and decided they'd "pimp it out" to foster the perception that they are wealthy. No question about it.

Oh and lowering an E30? I don't care. It's an old BMW that signifies no luxury or status whatsoever. Do whatever you want to make it look better. Anything helps, I guess. I'm talking about the BMW's that educated, hard-working members of society buy. Not ones you can get for less than a Honda Civic.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyb View Post
How about raising it some (back off some of lowering) and see if it sorts it out... it's possible you lowered it too far...

Honestly, I had to rewrite this twice... I can't believe that you can't work this out yourself...
thanks for comming out genious, you cant "back off" on lowering when you use springs.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
why on earth would you lower a luxury sedan? it's not a Mustang Gt. seriously man it's fine the way it is.
You don't drive this.

You're driving this.
A 4 series? are you kidding ricer boy? Why not add some GTR badges while at it...

Go checkout the 5 6 7 series lounges... Why lower a car, because it looks 10x better, it handles better esp. with aftermarket wheels. I guess your too old to understand.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
To all you ignorant idiots. I did not ask for opinons on whether you like my car lowered or not. Go back and read what I intially wrote. I am looking for tech support, not your opinons, so if you have nothing constructive to say, back off.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hahaha. The 7 forum. That forum is filled with people who bought a used 2002 7 series for as much as a new Ford Fusion and decided they'd "pimp it out" to foster the perception that they are wealthy. No question about it.

Oh and lowering an E30? I don't care. It's an old BMW that signifies no luxury or status whatsoever. Do whatever you want to make it look better. Anything helps, I guess. I'm talking about the BMW's that educated, hard-working members of society buy. Not ones you can get for less than a Honda Civic.

Im pretty ashamed your from vancouver. All the posts you have contributed to bimmerfest are useless, always your old fashion view and you always seem to mention LUXERY coupe, LUXERY sedan. Sorry if you wanted a luxery coupe you should've got a 6 series. Not a so called 4 series LMAO. Ricer boy ftw, did you put the badges on too?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:19 PM
E65/E66 Helper Man.......

Send a message via AIM to harjothundal Send a message via MSN to harjothundal
Mein Auto: BMW 745 Li
Quote:
a lot of people in the 7er forum are actually more down to earth than some of you here in the 3 forum...

sound like crap? it is...

perhaps next time you think twice before posting something you know nothing of...
Old 09-23-2008, 10:28 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
A 4 series? are you kidding ricer boy? Why not add some GTR badges while at it...

Go checkout the 5 6 7 series lounges... Why lower a car, because it looks 10x better, it handles better esp. with aftermarket wheels. I guess your too old to understand.
Im 25. The Coupe and Convertible versions of the 3 series are obviously the more luxurious and sporty versions of the 3. They were originally intended to be named the 4 seires because they differ ever so much from the family-hauling sedan and grocery- getter WAGON variants.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:31 PM

Mein Auto: n/a
hahaha this thread is ridiculous.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Im 25. The Coupe and Convertible versions of the 3 series are obviously the more luxurious and sporty versions of the 3. They were originally intended to be named the 4 seires because they differ ever so much from the family-hauling sedan and grocery- getter WAGON variants.
woah! wait a second, you actually badged your car as a 4 series? is that what happened?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:33 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by manithemoneyman View Post
hahaha this thread is ridiculous.

What's more ridiculous is the amount of chrome 22" rims in the 7 series board.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:

hahahaha. you, you my friend are a dumbass you should look into your bmws heritage and REALIZE what it took to make your e9x what it is today. i think you should educate your background on bmws. especially since you own a 4 series? are you BJ? and you're saying the E30 M3 shows no status, or luxuries? check back to date with other cars that were being produced during that time period and you will see that E30s nearly dominate all cars within its price range.

in 22 yrs, your e9x will be looked down upon and others will say "wow, look..its an old bmw that signifies no luxury or status whatsoever."

but E30s will be instant classics, as they are becoming them as i type

im just going to be the bigger man and not respond to your comments. you're really not worth any extra effort.

Quote:
What's more ridiculous is the amount of chrome 22" rims in the 7 series board.
lol, whats wrong with that? not your taste? bummer...

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by manithemoneyman View Post
woah! wait a second, you actually badged your car as a 4 series? is that what happened?
No. I just ordered it. Im not putting "435i" on it.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:

+1!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
No. I just ordered it. Im not putting "435i" on it.
I'm clearly missing something... where did you order it from? I didn't know BMW actually made a 4 series... please explain, its very entertaining.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:38 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30_325i View Post
hahahaha. you, you my friend are a dumbass you should look into your bmws heritage and REALIZE what it took to make your e9x what it is today. i think you should educate your background on bmws. especially since you own a 4 series? are you BJ? and you're saying the E30 M3 shows no status, or luxuries? check back to date with other cars that were being produced during that time period and you will see that E30s nearly dominate all cars within its price range.

in 22 yrs, your e9x will be looked down upon and others will say "wow, look..its an old bmw that signifies no luxury or status whatsoever."

but E30s will be instant classics, as they are becoming them as i type

im just going to be the bigger man and not respond to your comments. you're really not worth any extra effort.
I am not BJ. The E30 shows ABSOULETLY NO STATUS WHATSOEVER 100%. No question about it. Uhhh, yeah.. During that time period they were expensive. They're driven by everyone who wants a BMW Badge and works at McDonald's now. In 22 years, I will be driving a 2032 BMW 3 Series Hybrid. Your car will be worthless as by then gas prices will have sky rocketed to the point where gasoline vehicles will be looked at as devices of the past. Like a typewriter .
Closed Thread

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search