Mid-Year Changes for 2004 E46 Sedan? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 12-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: MCS
Question Mid-Year Changes for 2004 E46 Sedan?

I know it might be early to know, but I figured I'd ask...

Has BMW announced any Mid-Year changes for the 2004 E46 Sedan (particularly the 325i)?

If not, when should we expect an official/unofficial announcement?

I am getting ready to place my ED order for a March delivey, but I am trying to decide whether waiting an extra month for MId-Year changes would be worth it.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2003, 09:57 AM
Here to Help

Mein Auto: Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFS

Has BMW announced any Mid-Year changes for the 2004 E46 Sedan (particularly the 325i)?

I am getting ready to place my ED order for a March delivey, but I am trying to decide whether waiting an extra month for MId-Year changes would be worth it.

Thanks in advance.

There hasn't been an announcement yet. Last year they made the announcement along with the price increase. We have the price increase information, but nothing on any planned changes.

Ted
Old 12-12-2003, 10:02 AM

Mein Auto: MCS
Thanks for the quick reply Ted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedW
Last year they made the announcement along with the price increase. We have the price increase information, but nothing on any planned changes.

Ted
Was the last year's announcement made at around the same time as this year's price increase announcement?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFS
Thanks for the quick reply Ted.

Was the last year's announcement made at around the same time as this year's price increase announcement?

Yeah, it was around the same time, but I think that was MY2001 with the addition of full maintenance and MY2002 with adding some standard options. I don't remember any mid year change of the MY2003's. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Ted
Old 12-12-2003, 10:49 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X5 xDrive 35i
Quote:
Yeah, it was around the same time, but I think that was MY2001 with the addition of full maintenance and MY2002 with adding some standard options. I don't remember any mid year change of the MY2003's. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Ted

For the sedans, starting with March production, a 6 speed was the standard transmission instead of the 5 speed on 3 liter models. Also, adaptive brakelights were added. The coupes got their facelift starting with March production and were 2004 MY cars.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:10 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
I don't remember any mid year change of the MY2003's. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Rear middle headrest and DVD Nav?
Old 12-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC
For the sedans, starting with March production, a 6 speed was the standard transmission instead of the 5 speed on 3 liter models. Also, adaptive brakelights were added. The coupes got their facelift starting with March production and were 2004 MY cars.

Yep, that's right. Thanks for reminding me.

Ted
Old 01-16-2004, 12:36 PM

Mein Auto:
Anything more yet on MArch Production sedan changes? I'm in the same boat, about to order for late April ED....

thanks
Old 01-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs
Anything more yet on MArch Production sedan changes? I'm in the same boat, about to order for late April ED....

thanks

March allocations come out at the end of this month and I'm not aware of any changes.

Ted
Old 01-16-2004, 02:15 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFS

Thanks in advance.
Minor changes to UK-market cars - and it's unlikely this will have any bearing on general production - include a third retracting seat belt and headrest in the rear. We also get a CD player as standard (after all these years). Also a couple more packages available, consisting of bits that already existed in the first place. But there are no wheel changes, colour changes, or mechanical changes - and this probably goes for the US too.

Oh, there is a price rise in March though .
Old 01-16-2004, 03:03 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_thomas

Oh, there is a price rise in March though .
Wasn't there just a price hike for January (1.2%?)

Anyone have more info on the Marchi hike? When does it go into effect?
Old 01-16-2004, 03:38 PM

Mein Auto:
I'd be interested to know about this, too. I just ordered a new 2004 325i yesterday and would like to know when the price is set!
Old 01-16-2004, 04:40 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '16 BMW 550i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by routesixtysixer
I'd be interested to know about this, too. I just ordered a new 2004 325i yesterday and would like to know when the price is set!
Price increase: There is no price increase coming, as far as I know. Prices in the US were increased on cars invoiced to the dealers after January 1. That should get us through the rest of MY04. If you didn't notice, andy_thomas is in the UK, and the price increase in March that he referred to is for the UK.

Option changes: From what I have read, there are no changes coming to the E46, with the exception of the ZHP package on the coupes. If changes were coming for March production, we'd know, as we're getting those allocations soon.

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i
Old 01-21-2004, 06:15 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL
Price increase: There is no price increase coming, as far as I know. Prices in the US were increased on cars invoiced to the dealers after January 1. That should get us through the rest of MY04. If you didn't notice, andy_thomas is in the UK, and the price increase in March that he referred to is for the UK.

Option changes: From what I have read, there are no changes coming to the E46, with the exception of the ZHP package on the coupes. If changes were coming for March production, we'd know, as we're getting those allocations soon.
Whoops! Quite right - context was missing. Humblest apols.

Probably worried a few other folk too
Old 01-30-2004, 05:09 PM

Mein Auto:
Still no word on changes, right? (I just read that March allocations came out, so I thought I'd check in on this again.) What about new colors? I remember that MysticBlue and SilverGray came out last March, yes?

just checking.....

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search