BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Installed LED Fogs Yesterday!

4K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  Gundo 
#1 ·
WOW... What a HUGE improvement and amazing color-match to my LED angel eyes and Osram CBI HID's!

Thanks to Derric @ e92lighting for the sweet Mtecs!

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice!:thumbup:

#4 ·
looks good. i did this also the other day (angel eyes and fogs). how much brighter are the HIDs than the oem headlights?

#5 · (Edited)
The Osram - Cool Blue Intense are considered among the brightest and best option available in automotive lighting. I researched them for weeks on various global forums before purchasing. They are definitely brighter and I love the color! Much closer to led than the typical purplish hue of 4300k factory hid.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#8 ·
Supposedly ppl were getting errors with the V2. Whatever the issue was has apparently been addressed.

#10 ·
Supposedly ppl were getting errors with the V2. Whatever the issue was has apparently been addressed.

Oh I get random errors. And I mean VERY random not even every time I drive the car and then it pops on and goes off but I'd say that is less than 20% of the time. What is most important for me is the fact that they are STILL going strong after all this time! Nearly year and a half. :thumbup: :thumbup:

#9 · (Edited)
How did you access the fog lamps? Totally scratching my head with this. Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Car Grille
Do I stick something in that hole? I've already tried removing the underpanels and accessing it from behind the wheel.

#11 ·
How did you access the fog lamps? Totally scratching my head with this. View attachment 465957 Do I stick something in that hole? I've already tried removing the underpanels and accessing it from behind the wheel.
Simply grasp that plastic mesh closest to the fogs and pull out. Very simple and they will pop out. Then there is only 1 hex-head bolt (small socket wrench) to remove the assembly. This is easily the simplest thing to replace on this car! ;)

#21 · (Edited)
LOL….that's my friend's Aventador Roadster. I'm more impressed with his other car we moved to access his lift - a Carrera GT.

Here's a shot of it at the "Rides to Remember" event for pediatric cancer patients -

Here's my Gallardo -

P.S. Mine is going to be going to the dealer soon for consignment, in case you know anyone who wants a meticulously maintained LP570 Performante.

Attachments

#28 ·
Thanks for sharing. Love the pictures.

The "Ride to Remember" event must have been a blast for the kids. They deserve nothing but the best care. My wife is in cancer research. After hearing her end of day stories at work, my hurdles at work is not even worth mentioning at dinner table.

Nice ride you have.

#23 ·
Those are some sweet rides to be sure! What u plan on getting to replace that beast?

I am totally enamored by the HURACAN!
The Huracan is really cool. I test-drove the Huracan a few weeks ago - it's a very different car than mine. It's great looking, very comfortable and refined with cool technology. The steering, shifting and suspension feel like a McLaren - a little bit on the robotic side, and could easily be used as a daily driver.

My Gallardo is definitely a beast, and I haven't found any car that matches it's "fun". The LP570 (Performantes and Superleggeras) are really special Lambos in that the throttle response, extra power, lightness, and carbon-buckets transfer a lot more "energy" into the driver. The single clutch makes low-speed shifts a little more violent- passengers who have never been in a super car get a nice "demonstration" at a lower speeds. Like every crazy car I've owned, the "effect" wears off. So I'm now finding myself wanting a more "analog" experience - maybe an older Ferrari with a stick - F360 Spyder maybe. It won't be as fast, but it will be a different experience. I'm also digging the idea of a V12 - a Ferrari 599 would be awesome.

#25 ·
I'm finding the cars that make me giggle like a schoolboy are the ones that could kill me. I drove my friend's Carrera GT and OMG***8230;.it's the most terrifying car on the planet - it made my hands sweat. Even if I could, I'd be hesitant to buy one for the same reason I shouldn't buy a motorcycle. I really need to buy an old E36 track car and get off the streets.

#26 ·
I'm finding the cars that make me giggle like a schoolboy are the ones that could kill me. I drove my friend's Carrera GT and OMG…..it's the most terrifying car on the planet - it made my hands sweat. Even if I could, I'd be hesitant to buy one for the same reason I shouldn't buy a motorcycle. I really need to buy an old E36 track car and get off the streets.
When I think of "absolute ferocity" and terror in your grasp in a car. I think of one vehicle for multiple reasons. With a slight tune it is simply earth-shatteringly raw!

#27 ·
Yep***8230;.that's another one that my friend with CGT wants. I should test drive one sometime. I have another friend that has what I'd call the Holy Trinity of Car-Guy Cars - A Carrera GT, Ford GT, and Murcielago SV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.