BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Is this a good deal? 2012 328i manual & lease deal

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  bayoucity 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Stopped by my dealership today to test drive a f30 in a manual transmission (hard to do...) - my CA had told me they had a 328i in stock in manual. Turns out it was a fully loaded 2012 model with 148 miles on it. Was in the last batch of 2012s and was built in south africa, so it had come in late. Plus it was a manual trans and loaded to the gills.

Here's the equipment and pricing:

Sport Line, White Exterior, Black Interior with gloss black trim, Manual Trans
Adaptive M Suspension
18" light alloy on double spoke style 397
Tech Package
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Lighting Package
BMW Apps

Few other items. MSRP of $48,660.

Now my first question in: This far into 2013, what's a good level of discount on this car?

Dealer is offering a discount of $5,109 + $750 BMW loyalty credit = $42,800. Thoughts on that?

Now for the lease deal: 3 year, 15k mile a year 54% residual and Money Factor of .00115. With 7 MSDs, MF becomes .00066.

Base Payment of $504.59 + Sales tax of $45.41 = $550/month

So my question is: How good of a deal is this on leftover stock? If it's not a great deal, how much further down could I LIKELY get? Any comments on the residual/MF?

Thanks all,

Joe

See less See more
#2 ·
Build the same car as a 2013.... what could you buy it for with today's deals? Assume you could get a new 2013 for lets say $500 over invoice.

My guess is that's not too great of a deal

#3 ·
BMWConfig says invoice for this car was $45,125 (or thereabouts) - so they are about 1,600 under invoice + $750 loyalty credit.

So it's about a $2k discount vs. what I could get brand new....hmmm

What should a leftover 2012 model actually be discounted too...??

#4 ·
A brand new 2013 qualifies for $750 loyalty, plus $1000 BMWFS cash which further closes the gap a bit.

#7 ·
Bayoucity - Is there an easy place to find residuals? I calculated it off BMW's website lease offer at 63% RV for 10,000 miles a year. I know we used to have monthly residuals listed on bfest but haven't seen those in awhile.

....this is not that great of a deal and i appreciate 'festers helping me identify that. Gonna write a brief review on my driving experience though since this was my first ever manual trans f30 test drive.

#8 ·
This doesn't sound like a good deal if you're leasing - you should be able to get a similarly optioned 2013 for a similar monthly price point. If you're buying, it may be a very good deal.

#9 ·
#10 ·
I leased my 2013 M sport and had to order it from South Africa and wait for 2.5 months. It was a $43k build. It's not nearly as loaded as the 2012 you found. They gave me about $2k off list price. Another dealer I went to offered me $0 discount. I put $1200 down and my payment is $570 for 36 months @12k miles a year. I know I didn't get the best deal but I didn't have time to search endlessly. I think the deal on the 2012 isawesome. Ifyou are leasing anyway and don't plan to buy it at the end, then resale value doesn't matter. Good luck! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.