My Sick Bimmer!! Help!! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 01-12-2005, 11:19 AM

Mein Auto:
My Sick Bimmer!! Help!!

undefinedundefinedundefined

Whats goin on....

I own a 1997 318i 5-speed and just recently I have noticed whenever it is idoling, or when you push the clutch in and disengage the engine, the revs start falling and it kinda shakes and raddles. It only does it when the car is heated though. When you first start it up, the car is fine, there isnt anything wrong with the idol, but when the car is heated to its warmth, it starts to shake and rattle when the revs fall. My dad and I have been looking at it scratching our heads. At first we figured it was the throttle control valve, but there isnt one on my car. They changed it so it didnt have one. Than we were trying to figure out whether there was some sort of vacuum leak. Whenever you turn it off, you can hear some sort of pressure, like its letting air out somewhere. If anybody has any ideas please reply...Thanks alot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2005, 02:15 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonfab

Whats goin on....

I own a 1997 318i 5-speed and just recently I have noticed whenever it is idoling, or when you push the clutch in and disengage the engine, the revs start falling and it kinda shakes and raddles. It only does it when the car is heated though. When you first start it up, the car is fine, there isnt anything wrong with the idol, but when the car is heated to its warmth, it starts to shake and rattle when the revs fall. My dad and I have been looking at it scratching our heads. At first we figured it was the throttle control valve, but there isnt one on my car. They changed it so it didnt have one. Than we were trying to figure out whether there was some sort of vacuum leak. Whenever you turn it off, you can hear some sort of pressure, like its letting air out somewhere. If anybody has any ideas please reply...Thanks alot!
Yo I got a 96 318ic and havent had this problom but check for vaccum leaks and if no luck there try raising the idle.
hope dis helps
Old 01-24-2005, 08:30 PM

Mein Auto:
Exclamation Take the car to to your repair shop !

I think something is wrong with your motor, have it checked as soon as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2005, 09:24 AM
EURO STYLE

Mein Auto: two/325i,VW,Renault
what about MAF or os sensors?
Old 02-20-2005, 05:04 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:

Whats goin on....

Have a diagnostic done on it. Theyll hook it up and the CPU will tell you what the prob is. It may be running too lean or you may have a major head problem as it sounds pressure related. Do this ASAP...
Old 02-20-2005, 06:21 PM

Mein Auto:
Check this link

Quote:

Whats goin on....

"IT may also have to do with the fuel line intake. Here is a link that describes a recall that may be related: http://www.alldata.com/TSB/06/95067113.html"
Old 03-10-2005, 09:46 AM

Mein Auto:
My friends car had that problem. If it isnt a vacumm leak then it could be one of your coils. A lot of times when u let your car idle for a long time, like an hour or more, this can take place. Try getting ur coils checked man. Not too expensive but worth a shot.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:41 AM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
Hmm...

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 10-22-2010, 06:39 AM
Hellawut??

Mein Auto: who knows?
2005...?
Old 10-22-2010, 06:46 AM
The Canadian Prick.

Good info though on recurring issues.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Somebody stop me....

Mein Auto: EW/// 86
holy thread revival
You canít spend all your time worrying about where your next Twinkie is going to come from, so follow rule #32 and Enjoy The Little Things.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:25 PM
The Canadian Prick.

It was the first post in the E36 forum. Show some respect Sir!

Old 10-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Somebody stop me....

Mein Auto: EW/// 86
Touchť
You canít spend all your time worrying about where your next Twinkie is going to come from, so follow rule #32 and Enjoy The Little Things.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
Today's Posts Search