Is StealthOne (Jaric Design) still in business? - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics by BAVSOUND

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics by BAVSOUND
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Old 01-28-2009, 06:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330Ci
My version is indeed 1.6; does that mean that no upgrade is necessary? Should I still get a programming cable for a possible future upgrade, and if so, how?

A big question if I may: I don't think I can install I myself, at least not well enough. Am I right in assuming that no BMW dealer would touch it? Where should one turn first?

And a minor one:the unit I got from Ebay lacks what the packing list calls "red 3M T-Tap connector" - the module came with two cables, one of which has a pinkish connector at the end. Is it anything special, or any (female?) T-Tap would do?

Many thanks!

Gene B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2009, 09:11 PM
There and back again

Mein Auto: 2003 325xiT, 2006 Atom
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerceau View Post
My version is indeed 1.6; does that mean that no upgrade is necessary? Should I still get a programming cable for a possible future upgrade, and if so, how?

A big question if I may: I don't think I can install I myself, at least not well enough. Am I right in assuming that no BMW dealer would touch it? Where should one turn first?

And a minor one:the unit I got from Ebay lacks what the packing list calls "red 3M T-Tap connector" - the module came with two cables, one of which has a pinkish connector at the end. Is it anything special, or any (female?) T-Tap would do?
I don't expect that there will be any further updates - the code has been pretty stable for years now. So I wouldn't worry about the programming cable.

I agree - it is very unlikely a BMW dealer would get involved. You could either find someone on the forum who is local to you (you might also try the audio forum on E46 Fanatics) or a commercial stereo / alarm installer. Of course, none of these guarantees you'll get a good job done. Check references.

That's the connector that taps the I-bus. You can use any sort of tap or splice that you want. You might need to change the pink connector on the single black wire to match whatever tap / splice you use.

One other thing - I suggest soldering the power cables on the V1 hardwire adapter (part of the V1, not the StealthOne) to the power cables in the roof liner. The V1 crimp-on power connectors can make intermittent connections, which the V1 doesn't really care about, but which drive the StealthOne nuts.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330Ci
Many thanks!

When I have it installed, I probably will have questions about setting it up etc. May I trouble you (very sparingly) in private then? My email is [email protected]

Gene B.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: E39 530
Is there really a big demand for Stealthone now?
Old 09-08-2010, 09:25 PM
You Lick It, You Own It

Send a message via ICQ to chivas Send a message via AIM to chivas
Mein Auto: 98 540i/6
I see you can do a ****it-now but does it really work or did they just not updated their site?

It takes a lot of work to be lazy.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:33 PM
There and back again

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivas View Post
I see you can do a ****it-now but does it really work or did they just not updated their site?
I can't figure out what you said - the board software censored whatever you said with *'s.

The "Contact Us" link over there should work - and if it doesn't, then you know they're not around.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:03 AM
You Lick It, You Own It

Send a message via ICQ to chivas Send a message via AIM to chivas
Mein Auto: 98 540i/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Kennedy View Post
I can't figure out what you said - the board software censored whatever you said with *'s.

The "Contact Us" link over there should work - and if it doesn't, then you know they're not around.
buy it now link... shows $230 but i last heard you can place the order but it'll get refunded.

It takes a lot of work to be lazy.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:11 AM
There and back again

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivas View Post
buy it now link... shows $230 but i last heard you can place the order but it'll get refunded.
The whois entry lists additional contact info, if you don't get a response via their "Contact Us" link.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:21 PM

Mein Auto: N/A
Hi folks, I'm in the market for a StealthOne. Does anyone have one for sale or know where to look? Thx
Old 08-23-2019, 05:38 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyMcFarlan View Post
After receiving constant error messages from the forums I tried to e-mail them without success. I'm recieve an error every time I try to connect my laptop to the SteathOne and their documentation doesn't say how to correct it.
Wondering if u still have a a cable?
I'm in a need for one to test my 2 S1 that stopped displaying on the radio
Or if anyone has a cable or made one successfully

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics by BAVSOUND
Today's Posts Search