BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Carwash messed up my interiors! please help.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  finalfan7asy 
#1 ·
Last Saturday i took my car for detail cleaning, when they finished i noticed there was a weird dark spot between the seats, when i looked at it, the leather was removed who knows how. They claimed they used the corresponding soap for the leather and it came out on its own. But it seems like either the press way to hard when cleaning or they used the wheels cleaner instead of the soap by mistake. I talked to the manager and he offered to clean all my car for free, but i didnt care about that i wanted my leather to be back the way it was. He gave his information, so i dont know whats the correct process. Should i contact my insurance(i have full cover) and tell them about it to contact the car wash insurance? or should i go on my own and try to get an estimate? The manager also told me if i wanted to get it fixed that part wont be the same color as the interior of my car.. So please help i dont know whats the right process with carwashs.

20190921-160326

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Just a thought but based on where the spot is it looks like maybe that’s where you use your fingers/hand to close the armrest storage top after you have had it open. Or maybe where you rest your hand or elbow for something else. It might be possible that whatever you have on your hands each day (like moisturizer) may have been damaging the leather and whatever they used to clean it reacted with it to cause that damage. It happens. It could have already been broken down and the correct cleaner took it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

#3 ·
Just a thought but based on where the spot is it looks like maybe that's where you use your fingers/hand to close the armrest storage top after you have had it open. Or maybe where you rest your hand or elbow for something else. It might be possible that whatever you have on your hands each day (like moisturizer) may have been damaging the leather and whatever they used to clean it reacted with it to cause that damage. It happens. It could have already been broken down and the correct cleaner took it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Yeah i would totally understand if that was the case, but i only drive that car on the weekends is not my commuter car and i do check the interior constantly for affected spots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.