Minor upgrades - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-12-2017, 06:44 AM
pinoybmwx3 pinoybmwx3 is offline
pinoybmwx3
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Minor upgrades

Just sharing the recent upgrades done on my X3

- wheel center carbon fiber to match my front and rear emblem
- euro side marker
- HID fog lights
- LED interior lights




Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 10-12-2017, 07:35 AM
Q4's Avatar
Q4 Q4 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Cincinnati
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 942
Mein Auto: 2008 x3
Looks great! Are the sidemarkers oem? Where did you get them?
__________________
Tim
Cincinnati

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-12-2017, 07:49 AM
pinoybmwx3 pinoybmwx3 is offline
pinoybmwx3
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q4 View Post
Looks great! Are the sidemarkers oem? Where did you get them?


Thanks... its aftermarket but it fits on the same hole and the connector. i got it from eBay.




Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 10-12-2017, 09:06 AM
darknmy darknmy is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Latvia
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 362
Mein Auto: 04' X3 3.0i
Looks good. Can you link them?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-12-2017, 11:14 AM
pinoybmwx3 pinoybmwx3 is offline
pinoybmwx3
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknmy View Post
Looks good. Can you link them?


Here you go.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/2X-EURO-E60-E...%257Ciid%253A1



Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-13-2017, 06:29 AM
jeepo23 jeepo23 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: CDN
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,383
Mein Auto: 2008 X3, 6 Speed
What about the fogs? What brand and how much?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-13-2017, 07:11 AM
pinoybmwx3 pinoybmwx3 is offline
pinoybmwx3
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepo23 View Post
What about the fogs? What brand and how much?

This is the link from eBay.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/FOG-LIGHTS-60...%257Ciid%253A1

I got mine cheaper with discounts.



Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-17-2017, 05:19 AM
DangermouseX3 DangermouseX3 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Atlanta GA
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 976
Mein Auto: 2007 X3, 2008 X3
I love the side markers, but why would you put superbright lamps in the foglights?
__________________


07 X3 3.0Si - AT - Black with tan leatherette interior - 141k miles
08 X3 3.0Si - AT - Black with black leather interior - 121k miles
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-17-2017, 05:27 AM
pinoybmwx3 pinoybmwx3 is offline
pinoybmwx3
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangermouseX3 View Post
I love the side markers, but why would you put superbright lamps in the foglights?


Thanks. I actually wanted to have a better lighting. Im hoping to get the same 6000k on my headlights too. Iím just used to having a brighter headlights and foglights similar to my other vehicle.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-18-2017, 06:25 AM
DangermouseX3 DangermouseX3 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Atlanta GA
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 976
Mein Auto: 2007 X3, 2008 X3
Dear God, please don't.

As a fellow commuter in Atlanta traffic, there is nothing worse than being in front of someone with brighter-that-the-sun headlights and/or fogs.
__________________


07 X3 3.0Si - AT - Black with tan leatherette interior - 141k miles
08 X3 3.0Si - AT - Black with black leather interior - 121k miles
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-18-2017, 09:20 AM
pinoybmwx3 pinoybmwx3 is offline
pinoybmwx3
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangermouseX3 View Post
Dear God, please don't.

As a fellow commuter in Atlanta traffic, there is nothing worse than being in front of someone with brighter-that-the-sun headlights and/or fogs.


I got you.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-20-2017, 12:37 PM
BMWKing123 BMWKing123 is offline
Registered User
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: X3 M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoybmwx3 View Post
Just sharing the recent upgrades done on my X3

- wheel center carbon fiber to match my front and rear emblem
- euro side marker
- HID fog lights
- LED interior lights



Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
I LOVE the look of those fog lights! Have you had any error codes? How long did they take to install? Was it hard?

Do you have any interior pics with the LED's installed? Again, how hard were they to install and do you have any error codes?

Did you change the angel eye bulbs too?

Thanks! _sl_

Last edited by BMWKing123; 10-20-2017 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Not sure why it says "sl" but it won't go away...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-20-2017, 01:00 PM
pinoybmwx3 pinoybmwx3 is offline
pinoybmwx3
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWKing123 View Post
I LOVE the look of those fog lights! Have you had any error codes? How long did they take to install? Was it hard?

Do you have any interior pics with the LED's installed? Again, how hard were they to install and do you have any error codes?

Did you change the angel eye bulbs too?

Thanks! _sl_


Thanks...
I havenít experienced any error codes...
It took about 30 minutes and It was pretty easy since its accessible from the front without removing the bumper...

Iíll try to take some picture of the interior when i get a chance. It was easy to install too. And no error codes also.

Yes, ive changed my angel eyes bulb to and LED. The cheap one about $15 for now.



Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-20-2017, 01:07 PM
BMWKing123 BMWKing123 is offline
Registered User
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: X3 M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoybmwx3 View Post
Thanks...
I havenít experienced any error codes...
It took about 30 minutes and It was pretty easy since its accessible from the front without removing the bumper...

Iíll try to take some picture of the interior when i get a chance. It was easy to install too. And no error codes also.

Yes, ive changed my angel eyes bulb to and LED. The cheap one about $15 for now.



Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Are the new fog lights noticeably brighter?

Also, where did you get the angel eye bulbs from?

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-20-2017, 01:16 PM
pinoybmwx3 pinoybmwx3 is offline
pinoybmwx3
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWKing123 View Post
Are the new fog lights noticeably brighter?



Also, where did you get the angel eye bulbs from?



Thanks again.


Oh yeah, especially at area where its pitch black. I can almost use it as main light but of course it doesnít illuminate that far on the road.

I got them from eBay too.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-20-2017, 01:25 PM
BMWKing123 BMWKing123 is offline
Registered User
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: X3 M Sport
Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-20-2017, 08:26 PM
pinoybmwx3 pinoybmwx3 is offline
pinoybmwx3
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWKing123 View Post
Thank you!


Hereís the interior pics






Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-23-2017, 05:12 AM
BMWKing123 BMWKing123 is offline
Registered User
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: X3 M Sport
Oh yeah, that looks good! I'm guessing you got the LED kit from Ebay too?

Also, I noticed you have a Carbon fiber center piece on your steering wheel. Is that factory?

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-23-2017, 06:21 AM
pinoybmwx3 pinoybmwx3 is offline
pinoybmwx3
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWKing123 View Post
Oh yeah, that looks good! I'm guessing you got the LED kit from Ebay too?

Also, I noticed you have a Carbon fiber center piece on your steering wheel. Is that factory?

Thanks again.


Thanks... yes i did.

No its not factory, i bought the front, rear emblem and the steering wheel from ebay too.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-23-2017, 09:21 AM
BMWKing123 BMWKing123 is offline
Registered User
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: X3 M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoybmwx3 View Post
Thanks... yes i did.

No its not factory, i bought the front, rear emblem and the steering wheel from ebay too.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Do you by chance have a link for the steering wheel cover? I searched Ebay but don't see anything.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-23-2017, 05:03 PM
pinoybmwx3 pinoybmwx3 is offline
pinoybmwx3
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWKing123 View Post
Do you by chance have a link for the steering wheel cover? I searched Ebay but don't see anything.



Thanks in advance.


Are you needing the carbon fiber emblem or the carbon fiber vinyl cover on the steering wheel?


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-23-2017, 05:25 PM
BMWKing123 BMWKing123 is offline
Registered User
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: X3 M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoybmwx3 View Post
Are you needing the carbon fiber emblem or the carbon fiber vinyl cover on the steering wheel?


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Sorry. I was referring to the steering wheel cover.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-23-2017, 05:45 PM
pinoybmwx3 pinoybmwx3 is offline
pinoybmwx3
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWKing123 View Post
Sorry. I was referring to the steering wheel cover.


I actually got it from Advance Auto parts.
https://m.advanceautoparts.com/p/ill...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

3M brand is the best i think



Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-23-2017, 07:36 PM
BMWKing123 BMWKing123 is offline
Registered User
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: X3 M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoybmwx3 View Post
I actually got it from Advance Auto parts.
https://m.advanceautoparts.com/p/ill...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

3M brand is the best i think



Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

Oh ok, awesome. How hard was it to get that trim ring off the steering wheel?

I have the M logo on mine, might be a PITA to not cover the emblem.

Last edited by BMWKing123; 10-23-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-23-2017, 07:45 PM
pinoybmwx3 pinoybmwx3 is offline
pinoybmwx3
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWKing123 View Post
Oh ok, awesome. How hard was it to get that trim ring off the steering wheel?

I have the M logo on mine, might be a PITA to not cover the emblem.


Its not as hard. Check this video out.


I had to take the M logo and do a little cut out around the area and place it back in again using epoxy.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.