!!!most Incredible Tool Set Ever!!! - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 11-15-2006, 09:42 AM
Site Sponsor

Mein Auto: ///M
What is the problem here?

I have one user getting offended at sparky comments - what happened to a sense of humor
I have another user using potty jokes and inane rhymes - do you miss kindergarten?
I have another user asking to be hit over the head with the tool set to prove a point - now this I find funny but come on.

Let's just say this, if you don't like it, as with ANY product ever made, you don't have to look. I'm not bending your arm, putting a rachet to your head and making you push the purchase button. If you have questions, concerns, comments that are adult in nature, happy to assist.

Questions about weight, location of manufacture, tool content, etc. - cool.

-----
This is a closeup of the tools.

2 Craftsman Ratchets (3/8") along with a single same length ratchet (3/8") from this tool set
2lbs 7oz

Single Ratchet - weighs as much as 2 Craftsman 3/8" Rachets
1lb 5oz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Don't worry, be happy

Mein Auto: '15 Porsche 911 Carrera S
For me at least, titling something "Most Incredible Tool Set Ever" smells like spam and a lame sales pitch, even if it isn't. I am not discrediting YOU or the product, just my $0.02 on your approach in peddling this tool set.

That's all.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:13 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAirbags View Post
For me at least, titling something "Most Incredible Tool Set Ever" smells like spam and a lame sales pitch, even if it isn't. I am not discrediting YOU or the product, just my $0.02 on your approach in peddling this tool set.

That's all.
Good point, well put. That's why I stated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
Good, we have your attention *
Old 11-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Advocate de diabolo

Mein Auto: 2017 S4, 2018 X3
Those tools look nice. What about some of the tools on this forum? I kid I kid.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:12 PM
E30 Maniac

Mein Auto: too many bmws
Quote:
Are they? You tell me.
All I know is that Snap-On reps were purchasing tools and some Snap-On tools I've seen locally here - from the Snap-On dealer that drives around all the time to sell stuff look suspiciously identical to the ones that this Taiwan dealer was selling me. Down to the same markings and etchings. Taiwan is good at knocking stuff off, but you can always tell a replica from the real thing if you look close enough - I did and couldn't tell

This in no way changes the quality of the Snap-On tools BTW. I think they are superior to almost any out there.
You don't know for a fact that snap-on is made in china/taiwan, so why did you bring it up in the first place?

I dont think the quality of a product depends so much on where it's made as much as the design and quality control.

Also, some of the posters have a point, why is this in the e46 forum anyways?
'91 SpecE30 #523
'03 540i/6 M-Sport
'00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle
BMWCCA #360858 NASA #
My Track Schedule
Old 11-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2 cars and a truck
Couple questions; is this set specifically for E46, and are the parts replaced free like crafstman?
Old 11-19-2006, 04:39 PM
Site Sponsor

This tool set is metric only. It's not SAE. So, yes, largely it's perfect for BMWs.

More people look here than in the sponsors forum, if people looked there, then some vendors (us) wouldn't need to post here to get more views for our products. So you can complain as much as you like, but you can also not look. It's a free forum (country) we don't throw stuff you don't want to see (if you don't, you have the option of not even clicking).

again, thanks for looking
Old 11-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Ultimately, the integrity of *any* tool (excluding those on this forum, of course :-) depends on the quality of the raw steel stock, quality of machining, and quality of heat treating. If these criteria are met, you will have a good-quality tool, *regardless* of the country of origin.

Regards,
Bob
Old 11-19-2006, 07:00 PM
E30 Maniac

Mein Auto: too many bmws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
Ultimately, the integrity of *any* tool (excluding those on this forum, of course :-) depends on the quality of the raw steel stock, quality of machining, and quality of heat treating. If these criteria are met, you will have a good-quality tool, *regardless* of the country of origin.

Regards,
Bob
+1
'91 SpecE30 #523
'03 540i/6 M-Sport
'00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle
BMWCCA #360858 NASA #
My Track Schedule
Old 11-19-2006, 07:06 PM

Mein Auto: Jeep Cherokee
Can you post a link to the tool set? I didn't see it in the first post.

BTW, although it's obviously a side issue, I am pretty sure that Snap-On tools are made in the USA. There is actually a federal law that prohibits imported tools from bearing the "Made in the USA" label, and there are very severe penalties for violating it. There is also a provision that allows a plaintiff's lawyer to bring a class-action lawsuit against any company that mislabels its tools; A guy I know just settled a case with Leatherman Tools -- Leatherman was making some of its tools in Mexico but was labeling them all "Made in the USA." This law is known to all tool manufacturers and I'd be surprised if Snap-On wasn't aware of it.

That said, I am very interested in this tool set. Angel Eyes are a good product, and if Umnitza is selling a tool set, I will be willing to take a chance on it. Although I would like to buy Snap-Ons, I just cannot justify the expense as I am a DIY fix-it mechanic, not a serious gearhead.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2 cars and a truck
Hey Joe, click on the original pic for the link.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post

Regards,
Bob
Well put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe View Post
Can you post a link to the tool set? I didn't see it in the first post.

That said, I am very interested in this tool set. Angel Eyes are a good product, and if Umnitza is selling a tool set, I will be willing to take a chance on it. Although I would like to buy Snap-Ons, I just cannot justify the expense as I am a DIY fix-it mechanic, not a serious gearhead.
I didn't say that all Snap-Ons were made here, and I doubt Snap-On would jeopardize their business to make the mistake of selling them as Made in the USA, but you never know.

Again, I don't really care, I'm with Bob here, if it's quality, I don't care where it's made. I don't care if you slap a label Made on Top of Mount Everest, or Made in the Toilet of Grand Central Station, if it works and works well, good.

I'll have more pictures of this set, and will be happy to have a few people try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW328i View Post
Hey Joe, click on the original pic for the link.
THanks.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:00 PM

Mein Auto:
After seeing this, I searched around for a similar metric-only set -- I've not found anything nearly as complete as this. Sears sells sets of wrenches, sockets, drivers, but only in mixed SAE / metric -- and I really don't want to lug around a bunch of SAE tools that I'll never use. Sears does sell metric-only sets of sockets, or wrenches, etc, but no combined packages from what I could tell.

The carrying case and selection is perfect to take along to track-events and such -- easy to find the tools you want, and easy to tell if something is missing. I considered piecing together my own set and buying a toolbox to store them all in, but this is a much more attractive solution.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Site Sponsor

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=640022 We're also running a new special for 3 days only.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:22 AM

Mein Auto:
from what i've seen it looks great and anyway whats with the "is it snap-on quality" ? snap-on like others now have a lifetime garauntee what if the tools breaks ? is that the end of its life, theorectically yes it is. think about it.

personally at work i use britool/facom the majority of what i use are these.

for one there good quality, two well made and i mean being able to hold the spanner without feeling like your hand will get sheared off cos of rough/shoddy angles on that tool.

the way i see it is if the tool does the job and does it well does it matter where its made and by which company? in my opinion.. no not at all.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:25 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer ese View Post
Blue Point sucks, especially their multimeters. When I used to calibrate electronic test equipment, those Blue Point hand held multimeters would never hold their accuracy (and they were brand new )

and for multimeters use Fluke there awesome
Old 11-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Site Sponsor

the first 20 units are sold out.
At this time, they only had 10 more, so that's what we ordered in addition.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:21 PM
Site Sponsor

Old 12-12-2006, 01:28 PM

Mein Auto:
It looks like a good set of tools. The socket design looks good as it will engage the flats of the bolt heads and not the corners (reducing chances of rounding off nuts and bolts). At the fit and finish of the tools looks very good in the photos.

But one of the things that really impessed me with this set is it's completeness. As one pointed out already, it looks like a great set for track days or what not. Between all the wrenches, hex sockets, star sockets, bits, allen keys, drivers, extensions, and so forth to have all that packaged into a single compact well organized carry case is real nice.

If I didn't already have a fair investment in my current tools I'd be inclined to get one of these set.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:05 PM
My TARDIS is a BMW

Mein Auto: '02 325i
Good to see that Spamnitza is up to his old tricks.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea View Post
It looks like a good set of tools. The socket design looks good as it will engage the flats of the bolt heads and not the corners (reducing chances of rounding off nuts and bolts). At the fit and finish of the tools looks very good in the photos.

But one of the things that really impessed me with this set is it's completeness. As one pointed out already, it looks like a great set for track days or what not. Between all the wrenches, hex sockets, star sockets, bits, allen keys, drivers, extensions, and so forth to have all that packaged into a single compact well organized carry case is real nice.

If I didn't already have a fair investment in my current tools I'd be inclined to get one of these set.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:09 PM
fightin' round the world

Mein Auto: 91' 318i / 90' 325i
everybody should do themselves a favor and go matco, snap-on quality and guarantee, lower price
Old 12-13-2006, 09:36 PM

Mein Auto: .
Quote:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=640022 We're also running a new special for 3 days only.
wow, a sponsor directing traffic to a competing site?

Old 12-13-2006, 10:42 PM
Site Sponsor

Well, the forum on bimmerforums serves a completely different demographic. Here people are more, how shall I put this modestly, more mature and even tempered, this thread notwithstanding.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Site Sponsor

more units in stock today.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search