X7 Feels 'unstable' at increasing speed - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X7 (2019 - Current)

X7 (2019 - Current)
The BMW X7 is a sport utility vehicle manufactured by BMW. It is BMW's flagship Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV)

Old 09-24-2019, 08:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2019 X7 xDrive40i
X7 Feels 'unstable' at increasing speed

Have my X7 about 2 months and have noticed at highway speeds the car seems to rock left to right as if the car is in a balancing act. Didn't think much of it at first. i keep the car in comfort mode because of the horrific roads in my area. Today my wife took it for the first time out on the highway and when she returned home she immediately said, "Is something wrong with the new BMW?" I asked why. She said, " the car seems like it is going to tip sideways. I had to muscle the car to keep it in its lane"
Has anyone experienced this? Any issues i am not aware about? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2019, 08:02 AM

Mein Auto: X5
Do you have options:
1. Lane Departure warning
2. Integral Active Steering
Old 09-29-2019, 05:51 PM

lane departure warning yes, but it is turned off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2019, 06:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 X5 4.8i E70 Sport
I have read that BMW alignment specs are not great from the factory. I would bring it to the dealer and ask them to evaluate, give current alignment data, and adjust as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Old 10-02-2019, 12:48 AM

good advice. thanks
Old 11-04-2019, 07:30 AM

Mein Auto:
How did you you make out with this issue? Also which drive mode were you in at the higher speeds? Vehicle drops a bit in sport, sometimes we forget to save the hunger.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:38 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650i GC View Post
Have my X7 about 2 months and have noticed at highway speeds the car seems to rock left to right as if the car is in a balancing act. Didn't think much of it at first. i keep the car in comfort mode because of the horrific roads in my area. Today my wife took it for the first time out on the highway and when she returned home she immediately said, "Is something wrong with the new BMW?" I asked why. She said, " the car seems like it is going to tip sideways. I had to muscle the car to keep it in its lane"
Has anyone experienced this? Any issues i am not aware about? thanks
found a reason?
Old 02-17-2020, 03:32 PM

Mein Auto:
Ah, sounds like a case of BMW lane correction. The vehicle is equipped to correct when driving out of the lane. Minus that , you can increase and decrease the settings.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2020 X7 M50i
In my opinion, admittedly less than 100 hours of experience to date (2020 X7 M50i), the lane assist reacts both too late and too aggressively. The assisted driving feature also appears to be severely flawed - it behaves like a new driver focusing far too close down the road resulting in a pinball machine effect. Or as my friend says, "driving by braille".

I just don't use the assisted driving mode unless I need an upper body workout. I leave lane assist on but dialed back to it's least aggressive setting.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:34 PM

Mein Auto:
In reference to the lane assist, decrease the sensitivity. This vehicle will auto correct when you bounce out of the lines. Keep in mind that speeds over 80 should be in sport not comfort. Sport will drop the suspension making the ride more stable. Also if you have the auto drive option like I do, test it out on the highway and see if the vehicle can operate properly. Works great on flat highways horrible downhill and cornering. I don't reccomend the auto in those situations. Now only if they made 22inch snow tires for this beast.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW Z4 35i,
Mine is dead stable at 110 mph in the comfort setting with lane keeping turned off. Lane keeping is too intrusive for my taste.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X7 (2019 - Current)
Today's Posts Search