!!!most Incredible Tool Set Ever!!! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 11-10-2006, 01:39 AM
Site Sponsor

Mein Auto: ///M
!!!most Incredible Tool Set Ever!!!

Good, we have your attention *

Most of you know us for our great, uncompromising lighting products (from our Predator Series Angel Eyes to our headlights. While we are well known for those items, you probably weren't aware that over the last year our lighting ensemble has dramatically increased to include tail lights & clears to all sorts of LED-based products..

We've recently expanded our product lines (and continually do so) to include strut bars, intakes, bumpers, mesh grills, wheels, and many other special products.

We tirelessly dedicate our time to providing you with many distinctive products above and beyond our core product lines mentioned above. They must meet our product motto of "Products for the Most Distinctive Cars in the World".

It is with this dedication in mind, that we present to you probably the best most complete Chrome Vanadium Socket & Tool Set. This isn't some half-baked "some parts are Chrome Vanadium, most are not". Every socket, every rachet, every socket screw driver, every wrench, everything except the bits is Chrome Vanadium. Your garage will not be complete without this, but if you have a great set of tools already, this is a perfect travel companion to keep in your car for emergencies too!

Those of you that are local, we have one sample set in stock that is free to have you display and use. This is not like any other tool set on the market. It's unique in both the quality and the completeness.
Compare Sears | Compare Amazon

Order today, while supplies last to receive in time for your stocking stuffer. It's perfect for automotive, household, and marine usage.**

CLICK ON PICTURE TO GO TO SITE

* Insert Code - BESTTOOLSET and receive an instant $50 savings (limited to first 20 people)

** All orders will be shipped on/around Dec. 1st and will be delivered to participants by no later than Dec 15th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2006, 02:05 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
That toolbox is not that impressive... made in china?
Old 11-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Site Sponsor

You are basing this on?

No, it's not made in china, however, Craftsman, Snap-on, and many other respected tool names are. That matters how?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2006, 03:50 AM

Mein Auto:
Historically. I've always been a believer in [and a sucker for ] top notch tools of all kinds.
But I must confess to having a few doubts these days. Reasonable quality and perfectly functional tools are now so cheap that it doesn't really matter how long the bloody things last.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:39 AM
We want the Lion!

Mein Auto: 03 ZHP, 01 X5, 73 MGB
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
You are basing this on?

No, it's not made in china, however, Craftsman, Snap-on, and many other respected tool names are. That matters how?
Uh, no. Every snap on tool I own, and I own hundreds, says made in USA.

Blue-Point tools are rebranded and are might be made in China. I am not aware of any Snap-On stuff that is made in China.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:00 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 04 X5, 01 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott ZHP View Post

Blue-Point tools are rebranded and are might be made in China. I am not aware of any Snap-On stuff that is made in China.
Blue Point sucks, especially their multimeters. When I used to calibrate electronic test equipment, those Blue Point hand held multimeters would never hold their accuracy (and they were brand new )
Old 11-10-2006, 10:01 AM

Mein Auto:
What country are they manufactured?

Last edited by whome64; 11-10-2006 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 325CI
Why are you advertising in this forum? Tool sets like that are a dime a dozen.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:09 PM
In Driving Heaven

Mein Auto: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbth View Post
Why are you advertising in this forum? Tool sets like that are a dime a dozen.
Because he's a sponsor of this board. So cut him some slack, all right?

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Mystic Blue 330i, SP, PP, Nav, Heated Seats, Step -- ED July 10, 2003
Old 11-10-2006, 09:02 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
Because he's a sponsor of this board. So cut him some slack, all right?
Then as a sponsor, he should know not to post this kind of stuff in an E46 forum (unless, of course, these tools are specially designed for e46). There is a forum dedicated to site sponsors; he should use that.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:13 PM
only one screen name

Send a message via AIM to obmd1
Mein Auto: '15 F80 M3
Is there not some sort of minimum post count before your e-tude is allowed to show?

Lighten up sparky
Old 11-10-2006, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obmd1 View Post
Is there not some sort of minimum post count before your e-tude is allowed to show?

Lighten up sparky
Sorry, I'm just not a lover of spam. Maybe you like that in your diet, but not in mine.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:23 PM
only one screen name

Send a message via AIM to obmd1
Mein Auto: '15 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillnTime View Post
Sorry, I'm just not a lover of spam. Maybe you like that in your diet, but not in mine.
That spam pays the bills round here fella....feel free not to clicky linky
Old 11-10-2006, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obmd1 View Post
That spam pays the bills round here fella....feel free not to clicky linky
That is why there is a dedicated forum for it. I don't see all the other sponsors spamming us.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:17 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:

Then I guess the guy in Taiwan with the Snap-On shirt talking to the Taiwan vendor about tools that they needed to order for their next year's catalog was a figment of my imagination.

Or the fact that this same vendor offered me a slightly lower price if I bought tools from him that didn't have the Snap-On logo but were in fact Snap-On.

BTW - It said Made in the USA for a long time on Craftsman tools too.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:19 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillnTime View Post
That is why there is a dedicated forum for it. I don't see all the other sponsors spamming us.
Hey "sparky" to use another person's term, don't be too hurt. The other sponsors don't care at all about your business. We at least do. So, the occassional thread DOES pop up. It's called discerning "clickery" - if it's not something that didn't interest you in the first place, you wouldn't have clicked.

To the others, thanks for looking.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:24 AM
We want the Lion!

Mein Auto: 03 ZHP, 01 X5, 73 MGB
Quote:
Then I guess the guy in Taiwan with the Snap-On shirt talking to the Taiwan vendor about tools that they needed to order for their next year's catalog was a figment of my imagination.
I don't care what you claim to have seen in Taiwan, your facts are wrong. Snap-On branded hand tools are made in the USA. Period.

http://www.snapon.com/faqs/answers.asp?question=23

Snap-On distributors market a line of lower priced tools branded as Blue-Point. The overwhelming majority of this is manufactured by another OEM and is rebadged. This stuff may be manufactured in Asia. The tool will not be branded Snap-On, it will say Blue-Point. It does not have the same warranty and is priced accordingly.

Look, you may be selling a high quality set of tools, but you cross the line when you start slinging mud at respectable vendors.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:48 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Don't be a tool, don't buy the tool.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:53 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I don't care what you claim to have seen in Taiwan, your facts are wrong. Snap-On branded hand tools are made in the USA. Period.

http://www.snapon.com/faqs/answers.asp?question=23

Snap-On distributors market a line of lower priced tools branded as Blue-Point. The overwhelming majority of this is manufactured by another OEM and is rebadged. This stuff may be manufactured in Asia. The tool will not be branded Snap-On, it will say Blue-Point. It does not have the same warranty and is priced accordingly.

Look, you may be selling a high quality set of tools, but you cross the line when you start slinging mud at respectable vendors.
Who's slinging mud? Excuse your narrow-mindedness but telling people that some Snap-On tools are made in Taiwan is not slinging mud. Unless you have some negative stereotype that you'd like to let people know about? Are Taiwan goods simply not up to your "standards" of quality? How so? Do you know that 99% of what you have in your possession is made there? The computer you are typing on is made in Malaysia, Taiwan, China, and countless other nations.

Anyways, thanks all for dragging this down to the level of the other forums, we thought higher of this forum, but obviously, the level of discourse could not be maintained. It had to fall into immature banter.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:31 PM

Mein Auto:
OMG
SOME ONE SHOOT ME> OR THROW AN AMERICAN SOCKET AT MY HEAD THEN THROW ONE FROM CHINA. I BET I CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

This site is starting to be all about people putting eachother down. Wether it be tools, mods, or other things.

Cant we all get along.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:12 PM

Mein Auto: '01 325Ci
Quote:

Or the fact that this same vendor offered me a slightly lower price if I bought tools from him that didn't have the Snap-On logo but were in fact Snap-On.

BTW - It said Made in the USA for a long time on Craftsman tools too.
Are you saying that Snap-On is selling tools that are branded as Snap-On and say Made in USA but they are actually from Taiwan? Or is this in regards to the Blue-point brand?
Old 11-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Site Sponsor

Are they? You tell me.
All I know is that Snap-On reps were purchasing tools and some Snap-On tools I've seen locally here - from the Snap-On dealer that drives around all the time to sell stuff look suspiciously identical to the ones that this Taiwan dealer was selling me. Down to the same markings and etchings. Taiwan is good at knocking stuff off, but you can always tell a replica from the real thing if you look close enough - I did and couldn't tell

This in no way changes the quality of the Snap-On tools BTW. I think they are superior to almost any out there.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:46 PM

Mein Auto:
What does it take to stop this thread.

I keep following it like a bad soap opera, it bugs the **** out of me because its so lame. Yet I keep coming back for more.

Throw the tool set at me and knock me out PLEASE!
I think it will hurt more if it was made in the US, US stuff is usually heavier!
Old 11-14-2006, 10:51 PM
I do'nt make mistakes.

Mein Auto: Quadricycle
Not to be picky, but some of the best tools I've owned were either Swiss or Japanese made. The Swiss brand was not cheap - far more expensive than Snap-on, but it lasted for ever, verses wearing out the Snap-on, Craftsman, etc equivalent. Not all my tools need to be this quality - I'll never wear out a 17mm wrench for example, but the tools I used everyday (especially allen wrenches) I got tired of replacing. I will not buy cheap crappy tools even for single use, as I've broken wrenches or rounded nuts on the first use of a cheap tool.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
!!!most Incredible Stool Set Ever!!!

Fixed.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search