How do I find Executive Demo's for Sale? (South Florida) - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 12-25-2016, 11:15 AM

Mein Auto: Future BMW Owner
How do I find Executive Demo's for Sale? (South Florida)

Is there any special trick to find in-stock executive demos for sale, besides contacting the dealership and asking them to tell me specifically over the phone?

I'd like to view these in-stock vehicles online, instead of having to keep asking them every week...basically I want to keep monitoring the inventory and pull the trigger when I find one that I like.

Is CPO Elite, with low miles usually an executive, demo, or loaner vehicle? Any way to tell? I've heard that I could "verify" a vehicle might be an executive demo by seeing the if the carfax origin indicates Woodcliff, NJ. Any input on this?

ALSO, if you are a dealer in the Florida (either south or central), let me know if you can help with this. I'm willing drive few hours to purchase/lease the right vehicle.

Last edited by xemi; 12-25-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2016, 09:56 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Why are you buying in Florida? Just pissing away an extra $700-800.

The CPO 'elite' is a cheaper, lower coverage CPO program. They call it 'elite' as if it is somehow more desireable- yet it should be called LITE- lest coverage, less value.

WHile many will be happy to tell you all the nuances of what a real "BMW demo" actually is- the fact is that dealers misrepresetnt what they are selling. They can call any car a 'demo'. There are no requirements that they are honest about demos.

IMO finding a salesman that is willign to deal on a sweat demo car is FAR more important than finding 'that car' you want. Indeed, once you find it (and the dealer knows you really want it), the jerking around will start in earnest.

OE is Original Equipment aka 'BMW Original Parts' aka 'What you buy at the BMW dealer with a BMW label'

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer... EITHER the company that made the OE part or.... A part this is identical to the OE part, but is sold by the OEM under their own label

OEM is not what BMW sells

http://www.bimmerzone.com/category/T...ricks_OEM.html

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-OEvsOEM
Old 12-26-2016, 08:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 18' Tesla Model 3 Perf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xemi View Post
Is there any special trick to find in-stock executive demos for sale, besides contacting the dealership and asking them to tell me specifically over the phone?

I'd like to view these in-stock vehicles online, instead of having to keep asking them every week...basically I want to keep monitoring the inventory and pull the trigger when I find one that I like.

Is CPO Elite, with low miles usually an executive, demo, or loaner vehicle? Any way to tell? I've heard that I could "verify" a vehicle might be an executive demo by seeing the if the carfax origin indicates Woodcliff, NJ. Any input on this?

ALSO, if you are a dealer in the Florida (either south or central), let me know if you can help with this. I'm willing drive few hours to purchase/lease the right vehicle.
There is no way other than looking at a vin number that has low miles on a dealers website and then using the car fax information to see where the car was originally registered. If its woodcliff new jersey, then its an executive demo.

Remember, only a few dealers actually buy a lot of those from auction. Only a few dealers who deal a lot in these advertise them truthfully as such. Pacific BMW in california has them separated on their website, (greg poland) and so does gwinnett bmw in atlanta (adrian avilla). Those are the only two I have seen that specifiy.

Many other dealers will tell you that a demo car is an executive demo, and they might mean "executive at their dealership" or "executively taken care of loaner car" or something.

You either need to develop a great relationship with a CA who is going to be on the ball and keep an eye out for one of these for you (and be prepared to pay a little bit extra for the car if you are asking someone to keep an eye out for a specific set of options on an executive demo car), OR you will need to deal with one of the dealers who segregates them online ( I know 2 above), OR you will need to check websites for dealers that have low mileage NON CPO cars.

Demo cars are usually sold as NEW cars (executive and others) with NEW car warranty, so I dont think they normally have CPO because they have the superior new car warranty.

You might want to check with a dealer on that though.

2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue |Blk Leather W/Blue Stiching | Alu. Rhombicle trim | Adaptive Suspension | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Wireless Charging | 21" 718 Wheels| | Executive Pack | HK Stereo (hers)

18' Tesla Model 3 Performance |blue /blk|Perf. pack|FSD

BMW CCA #477341
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2016, 10:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Exec Demo - South Florida

After an exhaustive search, here's what I can tell you...Vista BMW will sometime have these cars as will Fields BMW (Several locations in Central and North Florida). Near as I can tell, these cars will be noted as Auto Auction Eastern Region on the Carfax. Most of these cars are very heavy with options, so the MSRP's are usually high.

I've searched every dealer in FL and can tell you it's hit or miss. Good Luck!

PS, if you want to speak the dealer language, ask them for a "F" car - which is what the auction vehicles are referred to as.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:37 AM

Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post

The CPO 'elite' is a cheaper, lower coverage CPO program. They call it 'elite' as if it is somehow more desireable- yet it should be called LITE- lest coverage, less value.

WHile many will be happy to tell you all the nuances of what a real "BMW demo" actually is- the fact is that dealers misrepresetnt what they are selling. They can call any car a 'demo'. There are no requirements that they are honest about demos.

IMO finding a salesman that is willign to deal on a sweat demo car is FAR more important than finding 'that car' you want. Indeed, once you find it (and the dealer knows you really want it), the jerking around will start in earnest.

Which post if yours best illustrates how to negotiate for a late model BMW? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app
Old 01-10-2017, 10:47 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2017 X3 35i
Quote:

ARD must love it when I chime in on his posts .... sarcasm.

While CPO "Elite" is stoopid marketing , it's not a lower coverage CPO. It is only a shorter term. Same coverage. It adds 1 year to the in-service date or up to 75,000 miles on the odo. (vs 2 more years or up to 100k).
Old 01-11-2017, 07:25 AM
Launch Control Ready

Mein Auto: 15 981 S & 16 550i
For those of us that do not pack on the miles, its a stupid offering. Years of coverage is pretty important. You basically want anything significant covered which CPO provides...the year less will keep me from looking at any car that is Elite when it comes time to turn in our 550 (we are planning on buying this time around)...
Old 01-11-2017, 09:51 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBrown62 View Post
ARD must love it when I chime in on his posts .... sarcasm.

While CPO "Elite" is stoopid marketing , it's not a lower coverage CPO. It is only a shorter term. Same coverage. It adds 1 year to the in-service date or up to 75,000 miles on the odo. (vs 2 more years or up to 100k).
Do not mind a bit. Truly.

Semantics over elite. If you consider coverage to be 'area under the curve'- in other words 'what is coverd' combined with 'how long it is covered', then elite is 'less'

But of course as you correctly point out the content and coverage of elite is the same. Still less desireable!

OE is Original Equipment aka 'BMW Original Parts' aka 'What you buy at the BMW dealer with a BMW label'

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer... EITHER the company that made the OE part or.... A part this is identical to the OE part, but is sold by the OEM under their own label

OEM is not what BMW sells

http://www.bimmerzone.com/category/T...ricks_OEM.html

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-OEvsOEM
Old 01-12-2017, 12:01 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2017 X3 35i
Quote:
Do not mind a bit. Truly.

Semantics over elite. If you consider coverage to be 'area under the curve'- in other words 'what is coverd' combined with 'how long it is covered', then elite is 'less'

But of course as you correctly point out the content and coverage of elite is the same. Still less desireable!

True true ... and I still don't get how less term and time is "Elite."
Old 01-21-2017, 01:53 PM
///Monkeyazz Duck

Mein Auto: 540i; 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBrown62 View Post
True true ... and I still don't get how less term and time is "Elite."
Mee too. But for that matter, I still don't get how Eli Manning is Elite.

2020 540i MSport
2017 330i Sport

Prior BMW's
2018 340i RWD 6MT MSport
2017 540i MSport
2016 428 GC MSport
2015 X1 35i xDrive
2015 X1 28i xDrive
2014 535i MSport
2014 328i SportWagon
2011 535ix MSport
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Technic
Old 01-25-2017, 04:08 AM

Mein Auto: 12 550xi
It's a used car--there's nothing great about it. It's been used on demo rides and probably as a service loaners. I don't know why people think these cars are special. I remember having a BMW 330xi show me a car with 5K miles on it, and he claimed it was a new car. I laughed at the salesman. It's a used car. The deals are great on them (I'm not buying used cars to begin with) and the lease deals aren't great compared to buying a new car. Someone's started the car up driven it around, and beat on it. If you lease it, that's fine as long as the lease is covered under the lease. There's no great logic in buying on used like this IMO. I'd rather buy a used car from a buyer that was traded in.

I've enough new cars from BMW that didn't live up to expectations, I'd hardly expect a used car/loaner to live up any standards. I experienced a new 12 550xi. It was hardly elite. However on the flip, not all dealers are the same.

However, it could be a great car. I do however wish you great luck--and if it's a car you like and meets your expectations, I'm all for it.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:00 PM

Mein Auto:
Braman BMW in Palm Beach-Donna Shankman can help you! I just bought a 2020 X5 m sport executive demo with 2500 miles. Had everything I want with nothing wasteful! Love IT!! They had quite a few demos. Call her she will explain why they have so many!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	31BD1A2C-6F95-427F-A600-FA49FF6214D7_1581904831251.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	882069  
Old 02-17-2020, 06:26 AM
///Monkeyazz Duck

Mein Auto: 540i; 330i
Very pretty car. You realize this is a 3 year old thread, right? Hopefully the OP found the car he was looking for a long time ago.

2020 540i MSport
2017 330i Sport

Prior BMW's
2018 340i RWD 6MT MSport
2017 540i MSport
2016 428 GC MSport
2015 X1 35i xDrive
2015 X1 28i xDrive
2014 535i MSport
2014 328i SportWagon
2011 535ix MSport
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Technic

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search