Leather Care - How to Clean, Condition, and Protect the i3 Leather - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW i > BMW i3 I01 (2014 - Current)

BMW i3 I01 (2014 - Current)
The BMW i3 and BMW i8 are the first two cars launch under BMW's new sub brand BMW i. The i3 is an all carbon fiber, all electric vehicle meant for urban mobility.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:28 PM

Mein Auto:
Leather Care - How to Clean, Condition, and Protect the i3 Leather

How to Clean, Condition, and Protect the Leather in our i3 Suit interior? As I know it is not real leather. it is OLIVE LEAF TANNED LEATHER.
Manual says:
''Remove dust from the leather often, using a cloth or vacuum cleaner. Otherwise, particles of dust and road grime chafe in pores and folds, and lead to increased wear and premature degradation of the leather surface. To guard against discoloration, such as from clothing, provide leather care roughly every two months.
Use leather care products; otherwise, dirt and grease will gradually break down the protective layer of the leather surface.
Suitable care products are available from the service center.''

Last edited by megasite; 12-15-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2019, 10:17 AM

Mein Auto: M6 Coupe
I'd be interested in what you consider to be the principle constituent of leather and how you separate that from the tanning process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megasite View Post
How to Clean, Condition, and Protect the Leather in our i3 Suit interior? As I know it is not real leather. it is OLIVE LEAF TANNED LEATHER.
Manual says:
''Remove dust from the leather often, using a cloth or vacuum cleaner. Otherwise, particles of dust and road grime chafe in pores and folds, and lead to increased wear and premature degradation of the leather surface. To guard against discoloration, such as from clothing, provide leather care roughly every two months.
Use leather care products; otherwise, dirt and grease will gradually break down the protective layer of the leather surface.
Suitable care products are available from the service center.''

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW i > BMW i3 I01 (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search