Engine values - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M5 & M6 > F12 / F13 M6 & F06 M6 Gran Coupe (2012 - current)

F12 / F13 M6 & F06 M6 Gran Coupe (2012 - current)
The third generation M6 based on the BMW F12/F13 6 Series and shares its 7-speed M-DCT gearbox, BMW S63 V8 engine and other technology with the F10 BMW M5. The F06 M6 Gran Coupe, based on the F06 6 series also shares the same engine, transmission and technology.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2019, 02:21 PM
Torontobimmer Torontobimmer is offline
Registered User
Location: Toronto
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 61
Mein Auto: 650 Cab M package
Engine values

I have a 2013 650 Cab and noticed the car jerks somewhat as I accelerate. I took it to my SA and they did a diagnostic and found that my values and seals are leaking inside the engine and I have carbon build-up. I have a 3rd party extended warranty company and they said if the carbon build up has caused the valves and seals to leak then they won't cover the repair. If however they said if values and seal leaks are causing excessive carbon buildup they will cover it. My SA says the problem will only get worse.

The total cost to repair is about $15K. But in order to diagnose BMW has to take my engine out and dismantle it so an "independent" appraiser can evaluate this for the warranty company. This appraiser will be hired by the warranty company...so I'm already suspect.

It's going to cost $4K to take the engine out and this will only be covered if the warranty company agrees to pay for the whole repair. My SA says that while he can't guarantee it BMW will give me something back (if warranty company doesn't pay) since I've always maintained my car with BMW with proper oil changes etc. Plus I've owned other BMW's in the past.

So what you any of you guys do? My car runs great otherwise except for this small hesitation as I accelerate. But i'm told it will get worse. My car is immaculate I did a carbon seal on the exterior and out on a clear invisible wrap on my front this spring and cleaned up some paint imperfections. I'm about to put a front lip under my spoiler...now this happens !

I would like to keep it at least another two years and buy something else used...maybe a used BMW 8 series who knows.....or if BMW screws me go with MB.

Should I just drive it as it is and wait until it gets worse? My warranty ends July 2021 or in another 45 Km. I hope to be able to sell it.....but if the problem gets worse who would want to buy it?
Reply With Quote

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M5 & M6 > F12 / F13 M6 & F06 M6 Gran Coupe (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.