1974 Bavaria Water Leak rear floor - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Classic Bimmers

Classic Bimmers
Discussions pertaining to vintage and classic BMW models here...

Old 02-12-2020, 07:13 AM

Mein Auto: Touareg
1974 Bavaria Water Leak rear floor

I've been having a problem with water leaking into the rear, driver's side floor, of my 1974 Bavaria, when it rains. I've cleared out the sunroof drains, and its still happening. Its just on the driver's side, and just in the rear footwell area. The last time it happened I had put a plastic bag under the carpet but above the foam padding between the carpet and the metal chassis. I checked the carpet and it was dry, I pulled up the carpet and the top of the plastic was dry, then I pulled back the plastic and the foam was soaking wet!! The car has been parked and not moved during the rainy 2 day period, so I didn't drive through water. I can't figure it out. Could it be getting in through some drain at the bottom of the rear window that is in the trunk area? The trunk is dry, and no signs of leaks. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2020, 09:03 AM

Mein Auto: 72 Bavaria
I have the same problem with my 72 except it's on the passenger side. I have found that the rear window leaks onto the package shelf then down the rear seat back to the floor under the seat. I have tried to seal the window but it's hard to test as it takes a full day of rain before any moisture appears on the floor.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the lead. It sounds like a real possibility. Iíll try to check it out this weekend. Where are you applying sealant, and what are you using. Oh, and did you get it fixed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2020, 04:40 AM

On an unrelated question, the trim moulding on the drivers side rear quarter panel came partially lose and got caught on a bush, and got mangled. Iíve been trying to find a replacement part but unsuccessful. Do you have any leads on finding the part. Trying to fix it would be tedious to say the least. Thanks.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Classic Bimmers
Today's Posts Search