Well, the time has come... - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X3 M, X5 M, X6 M, Z3 M & Z4 M > E70 X5 M and E71 X6 M (2010 - 2015)

E70 X5 M and E71 X6 M (2010 - 2015)
The BMW X5 M and X6 M are the first xDrive all-wheel-drive vehicles from M GmbH. The M variants offers the same utility as the regular X5 and X6, with the addition of the V8 M TwinPower Turbo, a twin-turbocharged 4.4-liter V8 delivering 560 horsepower and 500 lb∑ft of torque.

Old 02-10-2020, 12:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X6M
Well, the time has come...

2 of our sons are driving and all 5 kids are at some stage of puberty, so I have to get this car out of this testosterone-y household.

Also, there may be the tiny matter of the recent trip I took across the state where I got a speeding ticket for driving a speed which was in the triple digits.

I wanted to feel guilty, I really, really did. Every time hubby asked if I had any idea how irresponsible that was, the slavering teens would ask what it was like to go that fast in this car and the grin would break open bigger than the egg on my face... and I just couldnít be sorry because
It. Was. Worth. It.

The state trooper who pulled me over in NorCal also wanted me to be sorry, but I guess I blew it when he told me how fast I was going and I told him I had totally slowed down when I got to this section of the freeway.

I have agreed to sell my beautiful beast, sheís listed on Craigslist in Eugene, OR and Iíll post it here, too. My email is [email protected] if anybody is interested. Iíll be doing online driving safety class to reduce the points on my license out in the doghouse Iím in right now. But Iíll be doing it with a grin still on my face.

2011 BMW X6 M AWD

VIN: 5YMGZ0C54BLK13991
condition: excellent
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: 4wd
fuel: gas
odometer: 78000
paint color: black
size: full-size
title status: lien
transmission: automatic
type: SUV

This is a one-in-a-million dream car. If you like the quiet confidence of knowing nobody will ever see you coming, if you are used to winning but don't have to rub it in, if you love premium luxury items but don't like to be flashy about it, if you like the balance of tempering your extravagance with practicality, then this is the car for you!
I am completely torn about selling it, but it is wasted on me. I only drive a 5 mile radius around town picking up my kids. This car needs to be driven long and hard and often.

3 of our kids are old enough to start getting their driving licenses now, and mutiny is brewing. I can't hide the keys much longer - smarter to save our insurance rates now and get this gorgeous 555 horsepower beast out of the sweaty, testosterone-y clutches of our drooling sons.

This stunning car boasts a high performance, 4.4 Liter, V8 TwinPower Turbo engine. It has a launch control system and Dynamic Stability Control which facilitate the ability to reach 0-60 mph in 4.0 seconds. In other words, driving this car fast feels like riding bareback on a racing panther. The more curves and hills on the road, the more this car hunkers down and digs in. Look up some performance review videos and you will hear repeatedly, "this car belongs on the racetrack." But it also belongs in the Costco parking lot with its HUGE cargo capacity.

I just took my first (and last) long cross-state trip in this car and got my first speeding ticket in over 24 years. My spouse says I was a little too happy about the performance of the car and a little too casual about the ticket, and the older kids were a little too curious about the speed I was going when ticketed, so I promised to sell my dream car for something more practical and less tempting to a latent lead-foot. However, this is the only one for sale in OR, and 1 of only about 10 in the whole country for sale, so I won't be heartbroken if it's too much of a specialty demographic to sell!!

So, if you're interested, you better move fast. (But not as fast as this car - you might get a ticket, too!)

Below are some of the options on the car. It was built to order (as most of these are) with an off-the-assembly line price of $128,000. Even the paint color is the most premium option and no longer available: Carbon Black Metallic. The name doesn't do it justice, because sometimes it's a deep pearly navy blue (in bright sun) and sometimes it's black (in dimmer light).

It's always been kept in a garage, had 3D custom all-weather mats over the original BMW carpeted mats, has lower miles than average and I have all the original manuals, service records and an up-to-date report from VehicleReportPlus.com. I've owned it for 2 years now and never detected the smell of smoke in it, but had all the cabin filters changed just in case. I recently put new all-weather tires on it and removed the run-flat performance tires (we get snow and ice here and now it qualifies as a traction vehicle and doesn't even need snow chains - no surprise since it weighs more than our big Suburban and can tow more!) Besides the tires, the only thing I've had to do on it was replace the headlights and have the oil changed.

~ Tire Pressure Indicator
~ Steering Wheel Heating
~ Rear View Camera w/ Top View
~ Emergency Wheel & Tire
~ Automatic Tailgate Operation
~ Integrated Universal Remote Control
~ Interior Trim Finish - Black Leather Carbon Structure
~ Ind Instrument Finished in Leather
~ Interior Mirror w/ Digital Compass
~ Automatic Air Conditioning - 4 Zone Control
~ Roller Sunblind, Rear Side Windows
~ Smoker's Package (not used!)
~ Active Seat for Driver
~ Active Seat Ventilation, Front Seats
~ Comfort Seats, Electric, Adjustable
~ Skibag
~ Lumbar Support, Front Seats
~ Storage Compartment Package
~ Seat Heating, All 4 Seats
~ Automatic High Beam Headlights Control
~ BMW Teleservices
~ Control Teleservices
~ USB / Audio Interface
~ Traffic Information
~ Navigation System Professional
~ Head Up Display
~ Extended BMW Online Information
~ Voice Input System
~ Complete Prep Cellular Phone USA / CDN
~ Satellite Radio
~ Area Code 1
~ Individual Audio System
~ Individual Sun Protection Glazing
~ Decoding Variable Light Distribution
~ Shipping Protection Package
~ MLA Wheels, Double Spoke 300 M/MT
~ Adaptive Drive
~ Self-Leveling Suspension
~ Alarm System
~ Glass Roof, Electric
~ Int/Ext Mirror with Automatic Anti-Dazzle
~ Seat Adjustment, Electric, With Memory
~ Headlight Washer System
~ Park Distance Control
~ Rain Sensor
~ Xenon Lights
~ Adaptive Headlights
~ Cruise Control With Braking Function
~ Lights Package
~ Radio Control, US
~Preparation for CD Changer
~ Individual High Gloss Satin Chrome
~ Individual Roof-Lining, Anthracite
~ Preparation for Trailer Tow Hitch
~ VIN, Visible from Outside
~ Hot Climate Version
~ Language Version, English
~ Radio Frequency 315 MHZClick image for larger version

Name:	Image1581321368.444506.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	881405Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1581321390.859653.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	881407Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1581321406.992439.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	881409Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2756.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	881411Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1581321517.022125.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	881413Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1581321630.154682.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	881415

~ Buckle up, Buttercup - I've either got heated seats in this X6 M or I'm having a hot flash- either way, Mumma feels a Zoom coming on! ~

Last edited by BimmerGotBack; 02-10-2020 at 12:02 AM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X3 M, X5 M, X6 M, Z3 M & Z4 M > E70 X5 M and E71 X6 M (2010 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search