Clicking sound with Integral Active Steering - Page 8 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)

F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
The sixth generation of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) was produced from 2011 - 2016 with LCI updates arriving in 2014. In the US BMW offered a hatchback 5 Series Gran Truismo (F07) and the rest of the world also go a Station Wagon/Touring version F11.

Old 02-12-2020, 10:21 AM

Mein Auto:
Thanks Demas and thanks Munichmark.. im heading to the dealers first to check, however it is a 2012 and i dont think in gona look at replacing the rack but find more abt the SW.
I must mention that i did get the wheel bearing fixed becoz of some noise on the driver side(left) wheel. All this came after the fixation and add to that i had a whobble since then after i drive at 90kmph. So when i enquired from the garage who did the work, they mentioned that the whobble is due to the crank seal which has a leak and may need to be fixed. But the whobble came just after they fixed the wheel bearing. I later took this to another bigger workshop which said that i need balancing on the tyres(3months since i bought them new).
Im thinking the workshops messed things up here. Thought I would show this to the dealer and ask them a thoroughly inspection on whats required.
Seems difficult finding a good place repairing these german machines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2020, 04:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 550i M-Sport
Clicking sound with Integral Active Steering

Hi - just a quick update for everyone. I went to the dealer for the engine mount replacements this weekend and also asked about this clicking issue.

I showed them my previous service record from 2014 that had “SG / Software Programming” (translated from Japanese) and explained the issue. He was not the engineer/mechanic that performed the work back in 2014.

First, by policy they are not allowed to share details on anything more specific. Based on my record, the gearbox was changed twice (which I recall now was the case) and that this software programming was simply coding done for the car to recognize the new gearbox. He did not believe it was a software update that addresses the ticking.

I can see that what he says makes sense however I’m certain back in 2014 the engineer did say they had applied an update for this issue.

Sorry guys - was hoping to get more details to help. Still doesn’t hurt to check with your dealers on this.

One thing I can do is to check the part number of the first gearbox change vs. the second one. It was fixed after the second visit - and that is where they had the software applied and I think the gearbox part number was different (ie LCI part) for the second visit. Will dig up the record on the first visit - couldn’t find it earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

Last edited by demas; 02-16-2020 at 04:42 PM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
Today's Posts Search