Let's Discuss Something Relevant/Timely to New Car Buying Today - Page 3 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 10-25-2019, 07:45 PM
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp + E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwm1166 View Post
I dont think the no haggle model is going to be good for anyone beyond the big corporate dealership owners. Eventually mom and pops will be gone, CAs will become genius positions only, like Apple store employees, and the customer will lose the ability to negotiate and build value in relationships.

I hope Im wrong, but the Walmart/Amazon sales model is going to destroy what is currently good about car buying.

This is all true...has already happened!

No-Haggle/Internet Special Pricing NEW BMW SALES email me for a quote: [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2020, 02:12 AM

Mein Auto:
Hi John! PLEASE Help me with this deal!!
I am coming off lease with my 2018 X5 40e. Second X5 and looking at pulling the trigger on a third. I drive high miles and have had to roll payments into last lease deal As I was out of warranty on my 2015 X5 and now perhaps again. I'm thinking to buy new 2020 s40 X5 with M sport package. Love the car, it's a demo, 2500 miles, I'm torn though as I feel like I'm not getting a deal at 11.5 percent off MSRP plus incentives- that's a good deal off a NEW car but this is a demo so I feel like it's like just ok?? They are including CPO and service. Also the killer I'm burying 4 payments in at 1k each (again) Should I just ask them to build this same car and keep driving mine two more months? Would save me 2k in payments rolled in and I feel like I can get this same deal on a new build? Please advise! Tia!
Old 02-12-2020, 08:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Shon528 Send a message via Yahoo to Shon528
Mein Auto: '16 GLE350
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPFlorida View Post
I am coming off lease with my 2018 X5 40e. Second X5 and looking at pulling the trigger on a third. I drive high miles and have had to roll payments into last lease deal As I was out of warranty on my 2015 X5 and now perhaps again. I'm thinking to buy new 2020 s40 X5 with M sport package. Love the car, it's a demo, 2500 miles, I'm torn though as I feel like I'm not getting a deal at 11.5 percent off MSRP plus incentives- that's a good deal off a NEW car but this is a demo so I feel like it's like just ok?? They are including CPO and service. Also the killer I'm burying 4 payments in at 1k each (again) Should I just ask them to build this same car and keep driving mine two more months? Would save me 2k in payments rolled in and I feel like I can get this same deal on a new build? Please advise! Tia!
While I'm not Jon, can I suggest that you take a step back and look at the overall picture beyond just the new car. What is causing you to have to roll payments into one lease after another? Are you driving 20k mi/yr but only signing for 12k? Why are you looking to get out of each one early? An extra $4k added into a deal kills the savings of a demo.
'07 4Runner V8 Limited 4WD

Gone: '17 340i 6mt, MPPSK, PCD 2/17, '16 GLE350, '06 LR3 HSE, '14 320i 6MT ZSP ZPP PCD 5/14, '12 ML350 diesel, '11 Accord 5mt, '10 MDX, '08 Accord 5mt, '06 Xterra 6mt, '98 528i, '95 Mazda Millenia

Last edited by Shon528; 02-12-2020 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:30 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shon528 View Post
Quote:
While I'm not Jon, can I suggest that you take a step back and look at the overall picture beyond just the new car. What is causing you to have to roll payments into one lease after another? Are you driving 20k mi/yr but only signing for 12k? Why are you looking to get out of each one early?
No, I've been leasing at 18k miles a year! I'm not planning to lease again, as this past time I even made them do a 33 month lease which ends at 49500 miles right before factory warranty is expired and I'm still in a pinch now! I could care less about the mileage overage it's the out of warranty that I'm struggling with and don't want to pony up 5k for extended warranty on a lease. Previously my salesperson kept insisting I don't want to buy and put high miles on and be upside down. However, I'm buying this time and plan to drive it for the remainder of the 5 years (57 months) left with the CPO warranty. I'm just asking if this deal is good enough on a demo model or not and if I have some more wiggle room to ask for off price! thanks for taking time to respond!!
Old 02-12-2020, 08:50 AM

Mein Auto: MINI Clubman S All4
It has been my experience that in order to evaluate a deal to determine if it is a "good" deal or not, we need to see all the numbers, broken out.
MSRP
Discounted Selling Price before Incentives
Itemized Incentives
Any additions (including any roll over payments)
Dealer Fees
Taxes and tags
Money Factor or Loan APR Rate
Any other non-money value adds such as CPO, free annual detailing, etc.
Residual if a lease

In this instance, since OP is contemplating a purchase, how many miles/how many years will the car be driven? The "value" can depend on this. I once purchased a CPO with 13,000 original miles and drove it until the warranty was just about to expire and, having put over 50,000 trouble-free miles on the car, I traded it and received almost half of my original purchase price back in trade value, and I traded it for what has turned out to be the best lease deal I have done to date.

Lots of moving parts in deals like OP is considering. But, in the end, "value" is in the eye of the person who signs the deal and gets to enjoy the car.

Last edited by 1968BMW2800; 02-12-2020 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:04 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968BMW2800 View Post
It has been my experience that in order to evaluate a deal to determine if it is a "good" deal or not, we need to see all the numbers, broken out.
MSRP
Discounted Selling Price before Incentives
Itemized Incentives
Any additions (including any roll over payments)
Dealer Fees
Taxes and tags
Money Factor or Loan APR Rate
Any other non-money value adds such as CPO, free annual detailing, etc.
Residual if a lease

In this instance, since OP is contemplating a purchase, how many miles/how many years will the car be driven? The "value" can depend on this. I once purchased a CPO with 13,000 original miles and drove it until the warranty was just about to expire and, having put over 50,000 trouble-free miles on the car, I traded it and received almost half of my original purchase price back in trade value, and I traded it for what has turned out to be the best lease deal I have done to date.

Lots of moving parts in deals like OP is considering. But, in the end, "value" is in the eye of the person who signs the deal and gets to enjoy the car.
Ok well let me put it out there then cause I'm so over the car shopping process! I love the car-but it's the principle at this point given the history of my overages (stupidity) I don't want to just say yes if I can ask for better.
Car 2020
X5 with m sport 2500 miles

Sticker 69920
Discounts 7920
Rebates 3250
Dealer fees 845
Tags Taxes are what they are...4700
Payoff on my lease 4100
72 months 3.49

I'll be buying under my LLC and taking tax benefits, driving18-20k a year and my salesperson says I have 47 months of unlimited miles warranty. And they are including 36 months of service as stated.

And yes if I can ask for things like detailing etc please tell me!

Thank you!
Old 02-12-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Ok well let me put it out there then cause I'm so over the car shopping process! I love the car-but it's the principle at this point given the history of my overages (stupidity) I don't want to just say yes if I can ask for better.
Car 2020
X5 with m sport 2500 miles

Sticker 69920
Discounts 7920
Rebates 3250
Dealer fees 845
Tags Taxes are what they are...4700
Payoff on my lease 4100
72 months 3.49

I'll be buying under my LLC and taking tax benefits, driving18-20k a year and my salesperson says I have 47 months of unlimited miles warranty. And they are including 36 months of service as stated.

And yes if I can ask for things like detailing etc please tell me!

Thank you!
I would counter offer with accepting the $7,920 discount, AND you get all the incentives, AND they ground your current leased car as is and THEY absorb the $4,100 payoff AND THEY absorb any lease-end charges from BMWFS.

NOTE: The 72 month loan means you will most likely be upside down in this car for most, if not all of the loan period, so check with your own auto insurance carrier to find out what it would cost to add GAP -- I don't recommend dealer GAP as it is usually way more expensive than what you can get through your regular insurance carrier -- but I'd look into it.

I would ask for a complimentary detailing with each scheduled maintenance visit for the 3 years of covered maintenance.

You will be buying tires and possibly brakes on your dime if you keep the car for 6 ~ 7 years and drive a lot.

Best of luck.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:43 AM

About $64,300 Out the Door and you park your current leased car on the dealer's lot, hand them the key fobs, and walk away without paying a dime on the lease return.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:57 AM

OTD = $64,300
10% down = $6,500
Loan Balance = $57,800
72 payments @ $891 x 72 = $64,146
64,146 + 6,500 = $70,646 plus any maintenance/repair

Estimated value at end of 72 months? With 120,000 miles on the odometer? $10K?? who knows?

Or, compare the cost to keep leasing, drive something new every 3 years.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search