Bimmer Goes Vroom Vroom - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 05-05-2010, 11:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to Llave
Mein Auto: 2003 Z4 & 93 Civic
Bimmer Goes Vroom Vroom

Check out my video I made with my Z4. The driving part of the video is kind of old, just found it on my folders and decided to do something about it. Enjoy. Don't forget to rate, comment, subscribe. Plus the song should pump you guys up for Bimmerfest, if not just the caravans that will be happening.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SuaveLlaveBlog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2010, 04:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 M Roadster Imola/Blk
The video isn't bad, but I did notice some issues with your driving technique. Why are you passing on the right when the left lane is open?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:26 AM

Mein Auto: 07 Imola Red/Black MCoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
The video isn't bad, but I did notice some issues with your driving technique. Why are you passing on the right when the left lane is open?
Police avoidance. If the right-lanes are open, it's almost always a better idea to speed in them than in the left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2010, 12:16 PM

Send a message via MSN to RufusKing
Mein Auto: Z4 3.0i Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragan View Post
Police avoidance. If the right-lanes are open, it's almost always a better idea to speed in them than in the left.
Actually from speaking with cops i agree with you on this. Another thing that i have heard is if you light your brake lights for a cop they are less likely to pull you over. From their perspective they are looking for that one person like me who doesnt slow down. According to the guys i know they said, "speeders like this come every ten nimutes so there is always something to do."

2009 BMW Z4 sDrive 3.0i

I call her weezey

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Roadster - Sold and I miss her.

Last edited by RufusKing; 05-06-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Still Cruisin'

Mein Auto: 2003 325xi, 2001 Z3 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragan View Post
In a lot of countries it's also illegal.

Not illegal in this country, but passing on the right is not a good idea, especially doing it to 18 wheelers.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Llave
Mein Auto: 2003 Z4 & 93 Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post

Not a driving guru or anything, but yeah the shot in the freeway was taken a while back and decided to recycle it.

Yes the left lane was open but it would have been a boring drive if I just drove in it. But yes the posters above hit the nail on the head. I have some CHP friends that say its better to try and avoid the police by weaving around the right lane instead of leaving yourself speeding and out in the open on the left.

Also I wanted to use the song on something because its on heavy repeat for me right now.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:38 PM

Mein Auto: '06 M Roadster Imola/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
In a lot of countries it's also illegal.

Not illegal in this country, but passing on the right is not a good idea, especially doing it to 18 wheelers.
My point exactly. You are supposed to pass on the left unless the lane is blocked(thus the highway signs "slower traffic keep right"). If both lanes are open, one should pass on the left(then get back in to the next lane to keep the left lane open). I also find people who "weave" through traffic quite annoying. I see many instances where they come close to causing accidents because they never stay in a lane long enough for people to know what they are going to do. Lot of brake lights from other cars as they often cut into very small spaces to keep the weave up.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Rad Racer World Champion

Mein Auto: '08 Z4 M Coupé (S.Bronze)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusKing View Post
Actually from speaking with cops i agree with you on this. Another thing that i have heard is if you light your brake lights for a cop they are less likely to pull you over. From their perspective they are looking for that one person like me who doesnt slow down. According to the guys i know they said, "speeders like this come every ten nimutes so there is always something to do."
Very interesting. I always assumed that if you light your brakes, it's an admission of guilt. Recently I've just decelerated with my foot off the gas when I see one. Wishful thinking I suppose, since by the time you see one it's already too late

Cops probably have their own personal philosophy on this.

'08 Z4 M Coupé Sepang Bronze, Black/Black, Madeira Wood, CDV delete // 49th from End of Production

Last edited by aestheticstorm; 05-06-2010 at 01:23 PM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)
Today's Posts Search