Dynamic Handling Package - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X7 (2019 - Current)

X7 (2019 - Current)
The BMW X7 is a sport utility vehicle manufactured by BMW. It is BMW's flagship Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV)

Old 11-02-2019, 03:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 Porsche 911 C2 Cab
Dynamic Handling Package

The Dynamic Handling package includes Active Comfort Drive (which uses front-facing cameras to read the road and adjust the suspension to suit; it also works to make cornering more effective), rear-wheel steering, M Sport rear limited-slip differential (this item is only available in the xDrive50i) and M Sport brakes

I have ordered my X7 xDrive40i with DHP

I have read as many posts on DHP as I could find

I remain confused about implementation of all of the hardware and capabilities of DHP

Specifically, Is DHP always ON ?

Some posts have stated that DHP only is active if in Navigation mode....
If this IS the case, then, do I have to enter a destination into Navigation EVERY TIME I get in and drive?? What if I merely hit the Map/NAV screen without entering a specific destination...would this activate DHP?

Then, if this is indeed the case (that DHP requires a Navigation destination input), is the package doing anything for me (compared to the standard NON DHP X7's) when not "on" ?

I only use the Vehicle's NAV only about 5% of the time, and I really hope I do not have to set a destination for EVERY ride!

I am pretty sure that OTHER competitors do not require NAV destination input for their systems to be operational (Mercedes Benz GLS and Lincoln Aviator are two examples)

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X7 (2019 - Current)
Today's Posts Search