Newbie Questions - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X7 (2019 - Current)

X7 (2019 - Current)
The BMW X7 is a sport utility vehicle manufactured by BMW. It is BMW's flagship Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV)

Old 06-23-2020, 08:18 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
Newbie Questions

Hi all…. first post. BMW X5 35d owner ready to move to X7...

Couple of questions.

1) 22 inch wheels... super sharp. getting mixed feedback from dealers on whether they are summer or all-season tires. Can someone clarify? And if summer.. what do folks do for winter? I looked for 22 inch winter tires and found none?

2) Should i wait for a 2021? I haven't ordered. Dealer giving me there are only a few left this year... order quick spiel. If i wait... am i waiting an extra six months? or am i just waiting the two months (e.g. they take orders in august?)?

3) any must have or must stay away from features. Current build is a X7 M50i. Pretty loaded up. only staying away from a few things like the ambient scents.. night vision... Anything i should be absolutely sure to get... or to stay away from?

Any other good advice out there? I have loved my X5. My first BMW. But she has 90k miles and before i go over that magic 100k i want to make a move...

Any feedback and help would be greatly appreciated? I plan to spend tonight perusing this forum for good advice! Thanks all in advance!!!

Last edited by spartanhuntr; 06-23-2020 at 08:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2020, 08:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2016 M4 or 2016 750i x
Well I actually love the ambient scent feature. It's very subtle almost too subtle now compared to our 750i. Also love night vision. Almost a requirement where we live in deer country. Ours is fully loaded except for the star effect thing in the moonroof still night. We love it. Did not get the v8 but for me the v6 is plenty powerful. We get far better mileage in our X7 than our prior v8 X5 fwiw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2020, 11:49 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
Thanks Greg. Maybe you have sold me on the ambient thing. Ha. Whats $350 more when you pop over that $100k mark. WOWZER! Not sure on the night vision. I live in Michigan and have avoided deer for 50 years. I am sure i just signed my insurance claim for writing this... ha.

I got clarity from my dealer. There are no 22 all season tires. So... if you want them you must have two sets. No interest in changing them twice a year nor storing 4 wheels in my garage 365. Sounds like 21s it is!

I also didn't include the driver assistance package. I see on this forum many who seem to like that. I like to drive. Doesn't seem like a right fit for me.

Any other replies will be helpful. Anyone know anything about the 21s? And the alleged 5 slots left this year?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2020, 06:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW Z4 35i,
Must have: Luxury seating option. Way better seats and they're ventilated.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:15 PM

Mein Auto: X7
We purchased our first bimmer today. We're coming from MBs and Audis, and we are totally impressed with the X7. BMW killed it with this SUV. We opted for the 6 cylinder model which has enough power as a family hauler. I second the luxury seat option also. Ventilated seats are a must for me and the nicer leather and massage function should come in handy on road trips. We opted for the 22" wheels for looks and the ride wasn't noticeable compared to the 21s but I'm used to stiff handling in my toys. The wife didn't complain either so it has to be good, right? The roads where we live are pretty decent. I guess we'll find out on our next ski trip if we made the right choice or not. We bought ours off the lot and came very well optioned. It has running boards which should come in handy when we load things on the roof but it gets in the way during ingress and egressing. I wouldn't have paid for the running boards for that reason. Lastly, this is just a minor first world issue but I wish ours came with cooled/heated cup holders and now I'm being a little baby!

Last edited by 1stimeX7; 07-13-2020 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:11 AM
Nuclear engineer

Mein Auto: CPO2012 X5 35d M57(E70)
My X5 HVAC center-rear ventilation duct runs through the cup holder EGS armrest assembly, and we notice water bottles and armrest contents noticeably cool / warm.
Scepticism is the chastity of the intellect, and it is shameful to surrender it too soon or to the first comer: there is nobility in preserving it coolly and proudly through long youth, until at last, in the ripeness of instinct and discretion, it can be safely exchanged for fidelity and happiness.
(The Works of George Santayana p. 65)

Eschew eristical argumentation. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X7 (2019 - Current)
Today's Posts Search