What is people paying today for 328i coupe ED? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 02-08-2009, 05:03 PM

Mein Auto: VW
What is people paying today for 328i coupe ED?

I've read it's common to pay about 1K to 1.5K above Invoice (posted in one of the forums as Confidential Wholesale Price) but I'm wondering if this is really all you can aspire to. Are there any incentives that would make it possible to get Invoice or even below? I'm thinking about 10K extra in options/accessories hence there is a chance they can get me with this even if I negotiate a good base price. I'm thinking about ED around June this year. Any suggestions/tips will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
This aint a Honda, man.

Those "below invoice" deals you're accustomed to are there due to the factory holdbacks, which are rarely if ever seen in the world of BMW.

Economy is crap, so you maybe able to squeeze the dealers for a bit more cash but I doubt you'll do much better than invoice+$1k. Certainly not from a board sponsor.

Our firm's Sr management said they are now like "junkyard dogs" -- no price is too low, no sale is too aggressive. So, perhaps some CAs are out there that are willing to go down to invoice but below invoice?? seriously doubt it.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: Fünfer und Dreier
Quote:
Originally Posted by roeabs View Post
Are there any incentives that would make it possible to get Invoice or even below?
no

F10 2014 535d M Sport Mondstein Metallic
F10 2012 ActiveHybrid 5 Azuritschwarz Metallic
MB 2011 E350 BlueTec
E70 2011 X5 xDrive35d*
E90 2010 335d*
E60 2008 550i*

E90 2006 330xi*
E90 2006 325i
E90 2006 330xi*
E39 2003 530i*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is*
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
This aint a Honda, man. ...

Quote:
Those "below invoice" deals you're accustomed to are there due to the factory holdbacks, which are rarely if ever seen in the world of BMW.

Economy is crap, so you maybe able to squeeze the dealers for a bit more cash but I doubt you'll do much better than invoice+$1k. Certainly not from a board sponsor.

Our firm's Sr management said they are now like "junkyard dogs" -- no price is too low, no sale is too aggressive. So, perhaps some CAs are out there that are willing to go down to invoice but below invoice?? seriously doubt it.
yeah, let us know when you find a dealer that is willing to work for free

Last edited by beewang; 02-08-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
You're getting it for thousands less than US invoice. That's not good enough?

Then get a BMWCCA membership and in 1 year buy the car...it'll be $500 cheaper.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:06 PM

Mein Auto: VW
It doesn't hurt (much) to ask

Forgive me for being hard to convince. Hopefully all the replies are NOT from dealers.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW 328d Sport Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by roeabs View Post
Forgive me for being hard to convince. Hopefully all the replies are NOT from dealers.
Nope, not a peep.

There's no holdback or anything of the sort on ED's, so even at $500 over invoice- less mini commission to the CA of $200-$250, gas at $2.19 x 12.5 = $27.30 (assuming you leave that 1/4 tank of gas ED gave you), $150 detail, that's a whopping $72.50 net to keep the lights on at the center. So if you figure $1k, then that's a ginormous profit value of $572.50. But if that kind of dollar range scares folks, just think of when the Euro was way stronger than the dollar last your and simply filling a tank of gas. (Trust me, I know because a 1/4 tank of gas cost me like almost $40 when it was converted.)

Sure, you can wield a bat and beat some poor CA over $200 bucks to get sub $1k and grind out a deal. The vast majority of the guys and gals on this board don't nickel and dime down to the last dollar, but they expect value, experience, responsiveness, and depth of knowledge more than anything, not to mention peace of mind. So if that's worth a few hundred bucks, cool.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
This aint a Honda, man.

How do you know? Pray tell. So if one were at $995 instead of $1k, you'd walk over $5?

Quote:
I hear ya. That may be the case in some circumstances on US deliveries, but ED's...nahh, why bother and ruin the ED pre-game with beg, scratch, and claw negotiations? Black the CA out before they even send in a pre-res? Dayum. After mop and glow (internal packs-dealership take on profit before making a payable, commissionable gross profit), for some or many centers, $1k on ED barely breaks even. Sorry, no high fives or attaboys. Just prayers and lighting candles for referrals and recommendations.

Last edited by adrian's bmw; 02-10-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:36 AM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: BMW X3
you neglected to mention the 50 or so emails ( average ) that are recived from the individual before they pick up their car that need to be answered.Don't forget the phone calls ( maybe 50 ) that need to be made to that same individual prior to p/u and even more if it's also going to be a PCD.....in addition,pricing out the cars to be sure all of the numbers are correct ( even when someone sends a spreadsheet,it's common that they could be using old pricing ).If we're running leases,we also have to check tax laws for that particular state.This is all very time consuming,so it's not just an "extra" car and easy transaction that I read about so often on the forums.

I'm not complaing since this has become easier for me as time goes on,but there is much more that goes on "behind" the door than people realize.Keep the orders coming !
Old 02-11-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvRobinson View Post
you neglected to mention the 50 or so emails ( average ) that are recived from the individual before they pick up their car that need to be answered.Don't forget the phone calls ( maybe 50 ) that need to be made to that same individual prior to p/u and even more if it's also going to be a PCD.....in addition,pricing out the cars to be sure all of the numbers are correct ( even when someone sends a spreadsheet,it's common that they could be using old pricing ).If we're running leases,we also have to check tax laws for that particular state.This is all very time consuming,so it's not just an "extra" car and easy transaction that I read about so often on the forums.

I'm not complaing since this has become easier for me as time goes on,but there is much more that goes on "behind" the door than people realize.Keep the orders coming !
At least you have assistants! But yeah, you're right. Definitely more comm. intensive than a US delivery or PCD.

But, hey, who's complaining- blessfully, EDer's generate countless referrals and repeat business.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to singhss
Mein Auto: 545i 6spd. manual
You should be looking for invoice to $500 above invoice. There are dealers that will do that. I have done it in the past and so have my friends. None of them were 'fest sponsors, but with a little research and emailing you will find success.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:24 AM

Mein Auto: 328xi
To the OP,

I got a fully loaded 328xi coupe except premium sound for 593 a month, only first months lease payment due at signing and this includes wear and tear protection. I used Difeo BMW. So there is an expectation of what type of month payment you should be looking at.

07' 328xi sedan, premuim, cold, navi - retiring feb 09'
Old 02-15-2009, 06:16 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian's bmw View Post
How do you know? Pray tell. So if one were at $995 instead of $1k, you'd walk over $5?

I hear ya. That may be the case in some circumstances on US deliveries, but ED's...nahh, why bother and ruin the ED pre-game with beg, scratch, and claw negotiations? Black the CA out before they even send in a pre-res? Dayum. After mop and glow (internal packs-dealership take on profit before making a payable, commissionable gross profit), for some or many centers, $1k on ED barely breaks even. Sorry, no high fives or attaboys. Just prayers and lighting candles for referrals and recommendations.
Adrian, That's a lot of coded terminology there - any chance you could spell that out for some of us slow folks so we can better appreciate the work and lack of profit there is on a low mark up sale. Also, is there actually any difference on how dealers get renumerated ultimately for an ED sale? My dealer is justifying $1200 over for ED based on the fact that there is not as much proft as on a regular delivery ($300 over).

Thanks
Old 02-16-2009, 09:50 AM

Mein Auto: ---
Well, ultimately it is based off of supply and demand (and local price fixing?).

ED certainly isn't going to help a dealer move a car off the lot, if that is what they are trying to do. There are a lot of dealers who won't move off of MSRP (which is what makes other dealers so popular).

As the dealer's here have mentioned, there is a lot more handholding with a European Delivery (unless you are active here of course). It rather boils down to what their time is worth, eh?

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery
Today's Posts Search