Mppsk - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2017 F32 / 2018 X-5
Mppsk

I have read many posts regarding the MPPSK in various forums and I am seriously considering this B58 performance upgrade, along with JB4 and Dinan Elite V2. MPPSK is the most expensive performance option of the three that I am evaluating. Most MPPSK owners are thrilled with the sound and performance. The advantage of this system is having the ability to select the quiet custom mode as desired. A few MPPSK owners state that the sound in custom mode is louder than they were expecting. Overall though mostly very positive reviews. I was wondering if there are any MPPSK owners out there that feel the MPPSK custom mode is too loud and in retrospect regret spending the cash on this upgrade? In other words are there any MPPSK owners out there with buyers remorse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2020, 06:06 AM
XDriver

Send a message via AIM to flahertb
Mein Auto: X3
No buyers remorse at all, but I did have a few minutes of Uh Oh when I first picked up the car after the MPPSK upgrade. By the time I got home you could not get the smile off of my face and that still happens a year later. The best part is you can always put it back to comfort mode and it become much tamer.

I looked at Dinan and JB4 too and was leaning towards Dinan. The fact that the MPPSK would not impact my warranty and that the dealership had an Xmas sale going that discounted the price of the parts and had free installation made it a no brainer.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flahertb View Post
No buyers remorse at all, but I did have a few minutes of Uh Oh when I first picked up the car after the MPPSK upgrade. By the time I got home you could not get the smile off of my face and that still happens a year later. The best part is you can always put it back to comfort mode and it become much tamer.

I looked at Dinan and JB4 too and was leaning towards Dinan. The fact that the MPPSK would not impact my warranty and that the dealership had an Xmas sale going that discounted the price of the parts and had free installation made it a no brainer.
Thanks for your response. My concern is having the potential of increased sound level inside the cockpit in custom mode with windows up. Can you comment on that? Also it sounds like you received a great deal on your MPPSK. What was your OTD cost? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2020, 11:01 AM
XDriver

Send a message via AIM to flahertb
Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNMNL52 View Post
Thanks for your response. My concern is having the potential of increased sound level inside the cockpit in custom mode with windows up. Can you comment on that? Also it sounds like you received a great deal on your MPPSK. What was your OTD cost? Thanks.
Not sure what you mean by custom mode, so here is what I have

Comfort Mode - definitely more attitude from the exhaust. A nice sound when you are outside the car. A little more growl inside the car with the windows up, just a bit over what it was stock. Mush better throttle response.

Sport Mode and Sport Mode+ - A noticeable difference in noise, throttle response, shifting etc. Yes it is louder in the cabin with the windows up, but I do not find it annoying. I think the best testament would be that my wife doesn't just tolerate it she actually likes it!

There have been times on the highway when it has bothered me, but a slight increase or decrease in speed will normally take care of that, or just drop it back to Comfort Mode.

I don't remember exactly, but my Out of Pocket cost was around $2300 - it was a great deal.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by custom mode, so here is what I have

Comfort Mode - definitely more attitude from the exhaust. A nice sound when you are outside the car. A little more growl inside the car with the windows up, just a bit over what it was stock. Mush better throttle response.

Sport Mode and Sport Mode+ - A noticeable difference in noise, throttle response, shifting etc. Yes it is louder in the cabin with the windows up, but I do not find it annoying. I think the best testament would be that my wife doesn't just tolerate it she actually likes it!

There have been times on the highway when it has bothered me, but a slight increase or decrease in speed will normally take care of that, or just drop it back to Comfort Mode.

I don't remember exactly, but my Out of Pocket cost was around $2300 - it was a great deal.
Sorry, I hate auto-correct. I meant Comfort mode. Was concerned with MPPSK installed the noise level inside the car with windows up would be noticeably louder. I do enjoy my quiet time in comfort (wife) mode now and don't want to screw that up with the install. You did get a very good price on your system. I am looking at $3,468 OTD.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2019 440i Coupe
Quote:
Wow! That is a great deal.

If I could manage to get that kind of quote from one of the dealerships in my area, I might actually go with MPPSK, but as it stands I'm leaning toward Dinan as I'm more interested in the power gains than the sound gains.
2019 440i Coupe ///M Sport Design Mineral Grey Metallic Black Dakota/Blue Stitched leather Aluminum Dark Carbon/Pearl Gloss Chrome trim Track Handling Package Orbit Grey 398/Michelin PSS Driving Assistance Package Black Kidney Grilles Stainless Steel Pedals PCD 4/27/18
Old 01-16-2020, 08:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shon528 Send a message via Yahoo to Shon528
Mein Auto: '16 GLE350
Do it! You will not regret it. Can you go aftermarket and get a tune w/ more power, louder exhaust, and a lower price? Certainly. The MPPSK is like the perfect balance. It is noticeably louder in sport but in a good way. My kids can hear when I'm home. My wife very rarely drives my 340 and of course she leaves it in comfort. I have to really listen out to hear her leaving. When we're all in the car together, I'm in sport and it does not bother her nor do we have to talk over it. Also, there's no drone. When I ordered my car 3yrs ago, I had it installed at the port. In 2 weeks I'm turning this car in and will sincerely miss the exhaust note.
'07 4Runner V8 Limited 4WD

Gone: '17 340i 6mt, MPPSK, PCD 2/17, '16 GLE350, '06 LR3 HSE, '14 320i 6MT ZSP ZPP PCD 5/14, '12 ML350 diesel, '11 Accord 5mt, '10 MDX, '08 Accord 5mt, '06 Xterra 6mt, '98 528i, '95 Mazda Millenia
Old 01-25-2020, 08:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 320xi
Quote:
I have read many posts regarding the MPPSK in various forums and I am seriously considering this B58 performance upgrade, along with JB4 and Dinan Elite V2. MPPSK is the most expensive performance option of the three that I am evaluating. Most MPPSK owners are thrilled with the sound and performance. The advantage of this system is having the ability to select the quiet custom mode as desired. A few MPPSK owners state that the sound in custom mode is louder than they were expecting. Overall though mostly very positive reviews. I was wondering if there are any MPPSK owners out there that feel the MPPSK custom mode is too loud and in retrospect regret spending the cash on this upgrade? In other words are there any MPPSK owners out there with buyers remorse?
I'd skip the JB4 and Dinan, get the Bootmod3, you won't be disappointed; makes the trans so much smoother..

Last edited by DadzBmerN20; 01-25-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadzBmerN20 View Post
I'd skip the JB4 and Dinan, get the Bootmod3, you won't be disappointed; makes the trans so much smoother..
I have considered but I believe an IOS version is currently unavailable at this time. I have a MT6.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 320xi
Quote:
I have considered but I believe an IOS version is currently unavailable at this time. I have a MT6.
Nope its available for the IOS, Android and works with Windows, look at my sig i use a used Lenovo Thinkpad X230 and had no probs. Also i bought mine thru "Kies Motorsports" bundle pack and they have Affirm payments to pay it as it is kinda of pricey, but then again all the real DME tunes are about that same price as BM3. And if you go thru Kies, make sure to add the Enet Cable as well, you will need to either directly connect to the laptop ethernet port, or if you have a Mac, look for maybe on ebay or amazon an ethernet to USB adaptor type. Good luck and if you need anymore info on how the BM3 uploads, feels, etc...

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search