New car! Woohoo! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-22-2020, 10:23 PM
upstateny upstateny is offline
NJH
Location: Niskayuna, NY
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: A shi**y car.
New car! Woohoo!

Hey guys!

Last time I was on here, I was looking to buy my boss's 2008 535xi but I decided not to. After some saving up (for a down payment) and shopping around - I signed for a 2014 328i xDrive on Tuesday! The 328i was leased in 2014 from Keeler BMW (my local BMW center) then bought out after the lease ended. All maintenance has been done at Keeler, and then they eventually traded it in for a new one. No accidents, 80k mostly highway miles, and I bought it from the same place it was purchased before (Keeler BMW - Latham, NY) I'm not one to talk about prices, but I got it for $12,500. I think that's a good deal considering it's in excellent condition, one owner, and pretty well optioned-out. Here are the specs:

Exterior: Mojave Metallic
Interior: Venetian Beige Dakota Leather
Packages/Options:
- Black Kidney Grille
- Cold Weather Package
- Driving Assistance Package (Park Distance Control and Rear Camera, NOT the Driving Assistance Package with Lane Keep Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring, etc.)
- Premium Package (Comfort Access, sunroof, etc.)
- Navigation (Full-size iDrive System)

The only thing I wish it had was the Lighting Package with the halos, but for the first car that I'm purchasing on my own (as an 18 y.o.) I think this is a pretty sweet ride. I think all I'd like to do to it is get some good-quality all-weather floor liners for front, rear, and cargo (WeatherTech or BMW), tint front, rear, and back window(s), and put summer performance tires on the current rims which I actually quite like and then get a set of rims with good winter tires.

Still working out the whole financing ordeal as I'm 18 and have an excellent credit score, but limited history - but I put a deposit/hold on the vehicle so I'm on my way to getting it! Hopefully, it'll be done and ready to be picked up by this Saturday. I'm also getting the VIN etched in the windows. It was offered, and I'm not one to be sucked into sales tactics but I did my research and I'll get a decent discount off my insurance and I think it's a wise decision even if (fingers crossed) my car never gets stolen. A link below is the pics of it, and I'll post pics once the dealership details it and I pick it up! Beyond proud of myself and beyond ecstatic.

Pictures from Dealership: https://imgur.com/a/BtkoCri

Last edited by upstateny; 01-22-2020 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Attaching link to imgur for pics of BMW
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 01-23-2020, 08:58 AM
FredoinSF FredoinSF is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Reno NV & Healdsburg CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,237
Mein Auto: 4 BMWs, 1 Mini, 1 Vespa
Congrats on the new to you car. Very exciting.

Hope you're also planning on remedial maintenance if you plan on keeping it a while.
__________________
Current:
2018 540ix
2015 428i convertible
2013 Cooper S
2007 650i - 6 speed
2002 330ci convertible - 5 speed



Past:
2012 X5 Diesel
2012 Countryman S All4 - 6 speed
2006 Cooper S - 6 speed
2006 330i - 6 speed
1997 328is - 5 speed
1991 318is - 5 speed
1988 635csi - 5 speed
1988 325i convertible - 5 speed
1969 2002 with tii and 5 speed conversions
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-23-2020, 09:09 AM
SteveinArizona SteveinArizona is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Greater Phoenix
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,848
Mein Auto: BMW 530e
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredoinSF View Post
Congrats on the new to you car. Very exciting.

Hope you're also planning on remedial maintenance if you plan on keeping it a while.
If you join the BMW Car Club of America Mike Miller, a columnist in the club's monthly magazine, has a lifetime maintenance chart.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 01-23-2020, 10:39 AM
PK2348 PK2348 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Brooklyn NY
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,095
Mein Auto: 2018 340 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateny View Post
Hey guys!

Last time I was on here, I was looking to buy my boss's 2008 535xi but I decided not to. After some saving up (for a down payment) and shopping around - I signed for a 2014 328i xDrive on Tuesday! The 328i was leased in 2014 from Keeler BMW (my local BMW center) then bought out after the lease ended. All maintenance has been done at Keeler, and then they eventually traded it in for a new one. No accidents, 80k mostly highway miles, and I bought it from the same place it was purchased before (Keeler BMW - Latham, NY) I'm not one to talk about prices, but I got it for $12,500. I think that's a good deal considering it's in excellent condition, one owner, and pretty well optioned-out. Here are the specs:

Exterior: Mojave Metallic
Interior: Venetian Beige Dakota Leather
Packages/Options:
- Black Kidney Grille
- Cold Weather Package
- Driving Assistance Package (Park Distance Control and Rear Camera, NOT the Driving Assistance Package with Lane Keep Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring, etc.)
- Premium Package (Comfort Access, sunroof, etc.)
- Navigation (Full-size iDrive System)

The only thing I wish it had was the Lighting Package with the halos, but for the first car that I'm purchasing on my own (as an 18 y.o.) I think this is a pretty sweet ride. I think all I'd like to do to it is get some good-quality all-weather floor liners for front, rear, and cargo (WeatherTech or BMW), tint front, rear, and back window(s), and put summer performance tires on the current rims which I actually quite like and then get a set of rims with good winter tires.

Still working out the whole financing ordeal as I'm 18 and have an excellent credit score, but limited history - but I put a deposit/hold on the vehicle so I'm on my way to getting it! Hopefully, it'll be done and ready to be picked up by this Saturday. I'm also getting the VIN etched in the windows. It was offered, and I'm not one to be sucked into sales tactics but I did my research and I'll get a decent discount off my insurance and I think it's a wise decision even if (fingers crossed) my car never gets stolen. A link below is the pics of it, and I'll post pics once the dealership details it and I pick it up! Beyond proud of myself and beyond ecstatic.

Pictures from Dealership: https://imgur.com/a/BtkoCri
Done for free in NYC by your local precinct
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:44 PM
12369 12369 is offline
Guest
Location: Frederick, MD
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 67
Mein Auto: 2013 320xi
Noo, don't skimp out on the lighting package, Halo life is well hell on the highway at night lol...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:46 PM
12369 12369 is offline
Guest
Location: Frederick, MD
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 67
Mein Auto: 2013 320xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateny View Post
Hey guys!

Last time I was on here, I was looking to buy my boss's 2008 535xi but I decided not to. After some saving up (for a down payment) and shopping around - I signed for a 2014 328i xDrive on Tuesday! The 328i was leased in 2014 from Keeler BMW (my local BMW center) then bought out after the lease ended. All maintenance has been done at Keeler, and then they eventually traded it in for a new one. No accidents, 80k mostly highway miles, and I bought it from the same place it was purchased before (Keeler BMW - Latham, NY) I'm not one to talk about prices, but I got it for $12,500. I think that's a good deal considering it's in excellent condition, one owner, and pretty well optioned-out. Here are the specs:

Exterior: Mojave Metallic
Interior: Venetian Beige Dakota Leather
Packages/Options:
- Black Kidney Grille
- Cold Weather Package
- Driving Assistance Package (Park Distance Control and Rear Camera, NOT the Driving Assistance Package with Lane Keep Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring, etc.)
- Premium Package (Comfort Access, sunroof, etc.)
- Navigation (Full-size iDrive System)

The only thing I wish it had was the Lighting Package with the halos, but for the first car that I'm purchasing on my own (as an 18 y.o.) I think this is a pretty sweet ride. I think all I'd like to do to it is get some good-quality all-weather floor liners for front, rear, and cargo (WeatherTech or BMW), tint front, rear, and back window(s), and put summer performance tires on the current rims which I actually quite like and then get a set of rims with good winter tires.

Still working out the whole financing ordeal as I'm 18 and have an excellent credit score, but limited history - but I put a deposit/hold on the vehicle so I'm on my way to getting it! Hopefully, it'll be done and ready to be picked up by this Saturday. I'm also getting the VIN etched in the windows. It was offered, and I'm not one to be sucked into sales tactics but I did my research and I'll get a decent discount off my insurance and I think it's a wise decision even if (fingers crossed) my car never gets stolen. A link below is the pics of it, and I'll post pics once the dealership details it and I pick it up! Beyond proud of myself and beyond ecstatic.

Pictures from Dealership: https://imgur.com/a/BtkoCri

Congrats, and hey if your interested i just took off my Burger Tuning JB+ Tuner and willing to sell it for a huge discounted price, PM me if you want more details regarding this. I took it off because i just bought the Bootmod3 Bundle pack for my N20 engine...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-23-2020, 08:14 PM
tturedraider's Avatar
tturedraider tturedraider is offline
Freedom isn't free!!
Location: Chicago, Edgewater (via Tennessee & Texas)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 19,740
Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Congrats! Good looking car. Mojave is a great color.
__________________

Present - '06 E90 330i sport; Past - '04 E46 ZHP, '00 E46 328i
www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-23-2020, 09:06 PM
Folgen Sie Mir's Avatar
Folgen Sie Mir Folgen Sie Mir is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PAC NW
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 702
Mein Auto: Fast
Is no one going to tell him about the timing chain failures on those cars? Hes even out of the extended warranty BMW offered correct? Dont do it kid. If you can get out of the deal do it. Dont gamble on a 12k car that cost 12k to replace an engine.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-24-2020, 09:00 AM
AndDown's Avatar
AndDown AndDown is offline
just copacetic!!!
Location: Redlands CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,639
Mein Auto: '16 428i GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folgen Sie Mir View Post
Is no one going to tell him about the timing chain failures on those cars? Hes even out of the extended warranty BMW offered correct? Dont do it kid. If you can get out of the deal do it. Dont gamble on a 12k car that cost 12k to replace an engine.
+1...donít want to rain on your parade OP, but do a search on this problem with the timing chain. i recall getting my very first car 50 years ago and how excited I was, but if the timing chain goes, not a good scenario.
__________________
Dan
'01 X5 3.0 AlpWhite
'16 428i GC AlpWhite
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-24-2020, 09:25 AM
John MS John MS is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Virginia, USA
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,990
Mein Auto: 2014 Glacier Silver 328i
Congratulations and welcome to the BMW club!!! FWIW my 2014 328i has 83k miles and has had no problems. Including the timing chain issue which has happened to some cars. Most have not had a problem. You should have a BMW mechanic check the chain, guide and tensioner.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-24-2020, 01:28 PM
12369 12369 is offline
Guest
Location: Frederick, MD
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 67
Mein Auto: 2013 320xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folgen Sie Mir View Post
Is no one going to tell him about the timing chain failures on those cars? Hes even out of the extended warranty BMW offered correct? Dont do it kid. If you can get out of the deal do it. Dont gamble on a 12k car that cost 12k to replace an engine.
I didn't bring the umbrellas for all of us, lol...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-24-2020, 01:46 PM
Palantir Palantir is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Nashville
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 218
Mein Auto: 328I
Not to add to the rain but ... I have an appointment next Tuesday for the oil pump chain and also the timing chain. The engine developed the characteristic low whine noise and my indi (they work on Rollers, Bentley, Porsche, BMW etc. ) diagnosed it as oil pump chain drive. Needless to say I trust their diagnosis. The plan is to start with removing the valve cover and inspect the cam ledges for any damage from oil starvation. If the results are optimistic then do the timing and oil kits. The whole thing will be COSTLY....thank God I am still within the 7 year/70000 miles extended warranty!

They warned me that the starvation would not trigger low oil light or give any other warning except the whining noise (which you cannot hear when music/audiobook is on).

My car is a very "babied" 2013 328i with only 34000 miles. NEVER beat on, no performance upgrades,OCI 5000 miles
at the dealer, all maintenance items done with a solid safety margin ahead of miles/time.

Last edited by Palantir; 01-24-2020 at 02:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-24-2020, 01:54 PM
12369 12369 is offline
Guest
Location: Frederick, MD
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 67
Mein Auto: 2013 320xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantir View Post
Not to add to the rain but ... I have an appointment next Tuesday for the oil pump chain and also the timing chain. The engine developed the characteristic low whine noise and my indi (they work on Rollers, Bentley, Porsche etc. ) diagnosed it as oil pump chain drive. Needless to say I trust their diagnosis. The plan is to start with removing the valve cover and inspect the cam ledges for any damage from oil starvation. If the results are optimistic then do the timing and oil kits.
They warmed me that the starvation would not trigger low oil light or give any other warning except the whining noise (which you cannot hear when music on).

My car is 2013 328i with only 34000 miles. NEVER beat on, OCI 5000 miles, all maintenance items done with a solid safety margin ahead of miles/time.
Man i thought i was the only one with low, low miles, you beat me. Currently at 43k, 2013 320ix, since bought as a lease return have only put on 11K till now. The Service contract was up this past Christmas, at least they did the OC, Spark Plugs, and Brake Fluid Service.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-24-2020, 02:13 PM
Palantir Palantir is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Nashville
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 218
Mein Auto: 328I
I think bad parts design/loose quality control might have beat us all....
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-24-2020, 02:23 PM
12369 12369 is offline
Guest
Location: Frederick, MD
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 67
Mein Auto: 2013 320xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantir View Post
I think bad parts design/loose quality control might have beat us all....
Oh no, gonna have me putting my ear like a Doc on that engine bay for noises.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-24-2020, 02:56 PM
Palantir Palantir is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Nashville
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 218
Mein Auto: 328I
Pm me your email-will send you pics and video for comparison purpose. In my case its confirmed "ouch"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-24-2020, 08:25 PM
Folgen Sie Mir's Avatar
Folgen Sie Mir Folgen Sie Mir is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PAC NW
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 702
Mein Auto: Fast
New car! Woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadzBmerN20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folgen Sie Mir View Post
Is no one going to tell him about the timing chain failures on those cars? Hes even out of the extended warranty BMW offered correct? Dont do it kid. If you can get out of the deal do it. Dont gamble on a 12k car that cost 12k to replace an engine.
I didn't bring the umbrellas for all of us, lol...
No time to sugar coat haha.

Good for everyone who hasn't had a problem...but dont act like its not a real issue with those years.

Hopefully the kids sees these posts before it's too late.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-25-2020, 07:52 AM
12369 12369 is offline
Guest
Location: Frederick, MD
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 67
Mein Auto: 2013 320xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folgen Sie Mir View Post
No time to sugar coat haha.

Good for everyone who hasn't had a problem...but dont act like its not a real issue with those years.

Hopefully the kids sees these posts before it's too late.
Yeps i know its a real issue, hopefully well see what comes about on that lawsuit being held next mth in NJ. Maybe if they win, we could all get something out of it and get a pre-emptive TC done. I don't wanna dish over $2K+ for that job...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-25-2020, 08:55 AM
AndDown's Avatar
AndDown AndDown is offline
just copacetic!!!
Location: Redlands CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,639
Mein Auto: '16 428i GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folgen Sie Mir View Post
No time to sugar coat haha.

Good for everyone who hasn't had a problem...but dont act like its not a real issue with those years.

Hopefully the kids sees these posts before it's too late.
heís probably at the dealer signing papers right now
__________________
Dan
'01 X5 3.0 AlpWhite
'16 428i GC AlpWhite
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-30-2020, 03:39 AM
CarSwami's Avatar
CarSwami CarSwami is offline
CarSwami
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 797
Mein Auto: BMW 335i Convertible
Congratulations on your new purchase. I know that you will enjoy the car a lot. Happy Driving!

CarSwami
__________________
CarSwami
2007 - 335i Convertible (E93)
Montego Blue/Grey Leather/Premium Package/Sports Package/Comfort Access/Nav/iPod
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-30-2020, 09:11 AM
FredoinSF FredoinSF is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Reno NV & Healdsburg CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,237
Mein Auto: 4 BMWs, 1 Mini, 1 Vespa
To OP. Post an update, hope you got the car and that you're loving it.
__________________
Current:
2018 540ix
2015 428i convertible
2013 Cooper S
2007 650i - 6 speed
2002 330ci convertible - 5 speed



Past:
2012 X5 Diesel
2012 Countryman S All4 - 6 speed
2006 Cooper S - 6 speed
2006 330i - 6 speed
1997 328is - 5 speed
1991 318is - 5 speed
1988 635csi - 5 speed
1988 325i convertible - 5 speed
1969 2002 with tii and 5 speed conversions
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-31-2020, 09:39 AM
Folgen Sie Mir's Avatar
Folgen Sie Mir Folgen Sie Mir is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PAC NW
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 702
Mein Auto: Fast
Misery loves company
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-03-2020, 11:39 AM
mujjuman mujjuman is offline
tappa tappa toit
Location: NY
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,727
Mein Auto: hoopty
COngrats on the new car! I hope you enjoy it. I am also in the Capital region from time to time
__________________
mujjuman
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-08-2020, 06:10 PM
12369 12369 is offline
Guest
Location: Frederick, MD
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 67
Mein Auto: 2013 320xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantir View Post
Pm me your email-will send you pics and video for comparison purpose. In my case its confirmed "ouch"
Sorry, this was for me correct?. Let me know and if yes i will PM you my email for that comparison, the only noises i hear right now and i think it's because i did a muff + res delete is underneath between the two front seat when i get on her...
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.