New car! Woohoo! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 01-22-2020, 10:23 PM
NJH

Mein Auto: A shi**y car.
New car! Woohoo!

Hey guys!

Last time I was on here, I was looking to buy my boss's 2008 535xi but I decided not to. After some saving up (for a down payment) and shopping around - I signed for a 2014 328i xDrive on Tuesday! The 328i was leased in 2014 from Keeler BMW (my local BMW center) then bought out after the lease ended. All maintenance has been done at Keeler, and then they eventually traded it in for a new one. No accidents, 80k mostly highway miles, and I bought it from the same place it was purchased before (Keeler BMW - Latham, NY) I'm not one to talk about prices, but I got it for $12,500. I think that's a good deal considering it's in excellent condition, one owner, and pretty well optioned-out. Here are the specs:

Exterior: Mojave Metallic
Interior: Venetian Beige Dakota Leather
Packages/Options:
- Black Kidney Grille
- Cold Weather Package
- Driving Assistance Package (Park Distance Control and Rear Camera, NOT the Driving Assistance Package with Lane Keep Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring, etc.)
- Premium Package (Comfort Access, sunroof, etc.)
- Navigation (Full-size iDrive System)

The only thing I wish it had was the Lighting Package with the halos, but for the first car that I'm purchasing on my own (as an 18 y.o.) I think this is a pretty sweet ride. I think all I'd like to do to it is get some good-quality all-weather floor liners for front, rear, and cargo (WeatherTech or BMW), tint front, rear, and back window(s), and put summer performance tires on the current rims which I actually quite like and then get a set of rims with good winter tires.

Still working out the whole financing ordeal as I'm 18 and have an excellent credit score, but limited history - but I put a deposit/hold on the vehicle so I'm on my way to getting it! Hopefully, it'll be done and ready to be picked up by this Saturday. I'm also getting the VIN etched in the windows. It was offered, and I'm not one to be sucked into sales tactics but I did my research and I'll get a decent discount off my insurance and I think it's a wise decision even if (fingers crossed) my car never gets stolen. A link below is the pics of it, and I'll post pics once the dealership details it and I pick it up! Beyond proud of myself and beyond ecstatic.

Pictures from Dealership: https://imgur.com/a/BtkoCri

Last edited by upstateny; 01-22-2020 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Attaching link to imgur for pics of BMW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2020, 08:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 4 BMWs, 1 Mini, 1 Vespa
Congrats on the new to you car. Very exciting.

Hope you're also planning on remedial maintenance if you plan on keeping it a while.
2013 Cooper S
2007 650i - 6 speed
2002 330ci convertible - 5 speed

Past:
2012 X5 Diesel
2012 Countryman S All4 - 6 speed
2006 Cooper S - 6 speed
2006 330i - 6 speed
1997 328is - 5 speed
1991 318is - 5 speed
1988 635csi - 5 speed
1988 325i convertible - 5 speed
1969 2002 with tii and 5 speed conversions
Old 01-23-2020, 09:09 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 530e
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredoinSF View Post
Congrats on the new to you car. Very exciting.

Hope you're also planning on remedial maintenance if you plan on keeping it a while.
If you join the BMW Car Club of America Mike Miller, a columnist in the club's monthly magazine, has a lifetime maintenance chart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2020, 10:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2018 340 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateny View Post
Hey guys!

Last time I was on here, I was looking to buy my boss's 2008 535xi but I decided not to. After some saving up (for a down payment) and shopping around - I signed for a 2014 328i xDrive on Tuesday! The 328i was leased in 2014 from Keeler BMW (my local BMW center) then bought out after the lease ended. All maintenance has been done at Keeler, and then they eventually traded it in for a new one. No accidents, 80k mostly highway miles, and I bought it from the same place it was purchased before (Keeler BMW - Latham, NY) I'm not one to talk about prices, but I got it for $12,500. I think that's a good deal considering it's in excellent condition, one owner, and pretty well optioned-out. Here are the specs:

Packages/Options:
- Black Kidney Grille
- Cold Weather Package
- Driving Assistance Package (Park Distance Control and Rear Camera, NOT the Driving Assistance Package with Lane Keep Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring, etc.)

The only thing I wish it had was the Lighting Package with the halos, but for the first car that I'm purchasing on my own (as an 18 y.o.) I think this is a pretty sweet ride. I think all I'd like to do to it is get some good-quality all-weather floor liners for front, rear, and cargo (WeatherTech or BMW), tint front, rear, and back window(s), and put summer performance tires on the current rims which I actually quite like and then get a set of rims with good winter tires.

Still working out the whole financing ordeal as I'm 18 and have an excellent credit score, but limited history - but I put a deposit/hold on the vehicle so I'm on my way to getting it! Hopefully, it'll be done and ready to be picked up by this Saturday. I'm also getting the VIN etched in the windows. It was offered, and I'm not one to be sucked into sales tactics but I did my research and I'll get a decent discount off my insurance and I think it's a wise decision even if (fingers crossed) my car never gets stolen. A link below is the pics of it, and I'll post pics once the dealership details it and I pick it up! Beyond proud of myself and beyond ecstatic.

Done for free in NYC by your local precinct
Old 01-23-2020, 12:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 320xi
Noo, don't skimp out on the lighting package, Halo life is well hell on the highway at night lol...
Old 01-23-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateny View Post
Hey guys!

Packages/Options:
- Black Kidney Grille
- Cold Weather Package

Congrats, and hey if your interested i just took off my Burger Tuning JB+ Tuner and willing to sell it for a huge discounted price, PM me if you want more details regarding this. I took it off because i just bought the Bootmod3 Bundle pack for my N20 engine...
Old 01-23-2020, 08:14 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Congrats! Good looking car. Mojave is a great color.

Present - '06 E90 330i sport; Past - '04 E46 ZHP, '00 E46 328i
www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!
Old 01-23-2020, 09:06 PM

Mein Auto: Fast
Is no one going to tell him about the timing chain failures on those cars? Hes even out of the extended warranty BMW offered correct? Dont do it kid. If you can get out of the deal do it. Dont gamble on a 12k car that cost 12k to replace an engine.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:00 AM
just copacetic!!!

Mein Auto: '16 428i GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folgen Sie Mir View Post
Is no one going to tell him about the timing chain failures on those cars? Hes even out of the extended warranty BMW offered correct? Dont do it kid. If you can get out of the deal do it. Dont gamble on a 12k car that cost 12k to replace an engine.
+1...donít want to rain on your parade OP, but do a search on this problem with the timing chain. i recall getting my very first car 50 years ago and how excited I was, but if the timing chain goes, not a good scenario.
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite
Old 01-24-2020, 09:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 Glacier Silver 328i
Congratulations and welcome to the BMW club!!! FWIW my 2014 328i has 83k miles and has had no problems. Including the timing chain issue which has happened to some cars. Most have not had a problem. You should have a BMW mechanic check the chain, guide and tensioner.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I didn't bring the umbrellas for all of us, lol...
Old 01-24-2020, 01:46 PM

Mein Auto: 328I
Not to add to the rain but ... I have an appointment next Tuesday for the oil pump chain and also the timing chain. The engine developed the characteristic low whine noise and my indi (they work on Rollers, Bentley, Porsche, BMW etc. ) diagnosed it as oil pump chain drive. Needless to say I trust their diagnosis. The plan is to start with removing the valve cover and inspect the cam ledges for any damage from oil starvation. If the results are optimistic then do the timing and oil kits. The whole thing will be COSTLY....thank God I am still within the 7 year/70000 miles extended warranty!

They warned me that the starvation would not trigger low oil light or give any other warning except the whining noise (which you cannot hear when music/audiobook is on).

My car is a very "babied" 2013 328i with only 34000 miles. NEVER beat on, no performance upgrades,OCI 5000 miles
at the dealer, all maintenance items done with a solid safety margin ahead of miles/time.

Last edited by Palantir; 01-24-2020 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantir View Post
Not to add to the rain but ... I have an appointment next Tuesday for the oil pump chain and also the timing chain. The engine developed the characteristic low whine noise and my indi (they work on Rollers, Bentley, Porsche etc. ) diagnosed it as oil pump chain drive. Needless to say I trust their diagnosis. The plan is to start with removing the valve cover and inspect the cam ledges for any damage from oil starvation. If the results are optimistic then do the timing and oil kits.
They warmed me that the starvation would not trigger low oil light or give any other warning except the whining noise (which you cannot hear when music on).

My car is 2013 328i with only 34000 miles. NEVER beat on, OCI 5000 miles, all maintenance items done with a solid safety margin ahead of miles/time.
Man i thought i was the only one with low, low miles, you beat me. Currently at 43k, 2013 320ix, since bought as a lease return have only put on 11K till now. The Service contract was up this past Christmas, at least they did the OC, Spark Plugs, and Brake Fluid Service.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:13 PM

I think bad parts design/loose quality control might have beat us all....
Old 01-24-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I think bad parts design/loose quality control might have beat us all....
Oh no, gonna have me putting my ear like a Doc on that engine bay for noises.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:56 PM

Pm me your email-will send you pics and video for comparison purpose. In my case its confirmed "ouch"
Old 01-24-2020, 08:25 PM

New car! Woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadzBmerN20 View Post
Quote:
I didn't bring the umbrellas for all of us, lol...
No time to sugar coat haha.

Good for everyone who hasn't had a problem...but dont act like its not a real issue with those years.

Hopefully the kids sees these posts before it's too late.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:

Good for everyone who hasn't had a problem...but dont act like its not a real issue with those years.

Yeps i know its a real issue, hopefully well see what comes about on that lawsuit being held next mth in NJ. Maybe if they win, we could all get something out of it and get a pre-emptive TC done. I don't wanna dish over $2K+ for that job...
Old 01-25-2020, 08:55 AM
just copacetic!!!

Mein Auto: '16 428i GC
Quote:

heís probably at the dealer signing papers right now
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite
Old 01-30-2020, 03:39 AM
CarSwami

Mein Auto: BMW 335i Convertible
Congratulations on your new purchase. I know that you will enjoy the car a lot. Happy Driving!

CarSwami
Old 01-30-2020, 09:11 AM

Mein Auto: 4 BMWs, 1 Mini, 1 Vespa
To OP. Post an update, hope you got the car and that you're loving it.
2013 Cooper S
2007 650i - 6 speed
2002 330ci convertible - 5 speed

Past:
2012 X5 Diesel
2012 Countryman S All4 - 6 speed
2006 Cooper S - 6 speed
2006 330i - 6 speed
1997 328is - 5 speed
1991 318is - 5 speed
1988 635csi - 5 speed
1988 325i convertible - 5 speed
1969 2002 with tii and 5 speed conversions
Old 01-31-2020, 09:39 AM

Misery loves company
Old 02-03-2020, 11:39 AM
tappa tappa toit

Mein Auto: hoopty
COngrats on the new car! I hope you enjoy it. I am also in the Capital region from time to time
Old 02-08-2020, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Pm me your email-will send you pics and video for comparison purpose. In my case its confirmed "ouch"
Sorry, this was for me correct?. Let me know and if yes i will PM you my email for that comparison, the only noises i hear right now and i think it's because i did a muff + res delete is underneath between the two front seat when i get on her...

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search