730d check control problem - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 / F03 / F04 (2008 - 2015)

7 Series - F01 / F02 / F03 / F04 (2008 - 2015)
The 5th generation F01/F02/F03/F04 BMW 7 Series flagship forum. The redesigned 7 series leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code, offering an 8 speed automatic transmission and all turbocharged engine options.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:32 AM

Mein Auto: 730d F01
730d check control problem

Bmw 730D 2009

When I started the engine car popped up this failures:

-Brake system drive moderately
-Restraint system
-Steering drive moderately
-flat tyre monitor (rpa) failure
-Parking brake only partially availble

Steering wheel goes really hard, car doesnt show actuall speed, fuel goes from 0 to 200km range

What can it be? Any ideas?

Looking forward for your answer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7446.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	574414   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7447.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	574415  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2016, 12:31 PM

Mein Auto: 750i
My 2009 750i did the same thing. The exact same thing. One shop said I needed a new abs system which was going to cost 4000$. I took it to the BMW dealership and they found out that one of my doors was making my abs system short out and it ended up costing me 1000$ to have the unhook the door. Which fixed the problem. Only set back was that my door's no longer do the unlock lock feature by grabbing the door handles. I could only unlock or lock with my key fob. I could have said 2800 to fix the problem completely and keep my unlocking features but I took the cheap way out

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2016, 02:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i; 2009 750i
Did you check the main serpentine/accessory belt to make sure it's intact and routed correctly on all the pulleys? My 335 had similar errors when the belt snapped. It'd make sense as to why you lost power steering along with the other errors.

Otherwise, only a scan with ISTA-D could tell you the exact issue. It could really range from what giovanniroyal had with a short affecting the electrical system, to a bad alternator or even battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2016, 02:41 AM

Mein Auto: 730d F01
Thank you guys for all youur answers. I have fixed the issue. I went to BMW workshop in Warsaw, Poland.
The problem was in this intelligent door handles, one of them was totally dead and was burning fuse which cause all of my problems. Replacing handles would be too expensive (i can live without this feature) so I decided to totally switch them off - now open/close works only with the key fob. It cost me only 80$
Old 08-29-2016, 10:02 AM

Thanks for the update, hopefully this helps someone in the future! In my vehicle's service history, a bad blower fan resistor was causing a transmission and gear selector fault. Good to know that the faults could be completely unrelated to the short.

You might get lucky on eBay. I have been looking through parts and a used comfort handle runs about $150 (USD). You might get lucky and find one cheaper from a European eBay seller.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio730d View Post
Thank you guys for all youur answers. I have fixed the issue. I went to BMW workshop in Warsaw, Poland.
The problem was in this intelligent door handles, one of them was totally dead and was burning fuse which cause all of my problems. Replacing handles would be too expensive (i can live without this feature) so I decided to totally switch them off - now open/close works only with the key fob. It cost me only 80$
speaking of door handle issues. i had my soft touch door actuator replaced, since only the door fixed works to lock the doors with thumb touch. think i need to re-code (sync) all the actuators?
Old 08-29-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paprmkr View Post
speaking of door handle issues. i had my soft touch door actuator replaced, since only the door fixed works to lock the doors with thumb touch. think i need to re-code (sync) all the actuators?
I don't have soft close or comfort access, so I'm not 100% sure, but the technical description of the soft close mechanism says the sensors and position data are housed in the motor assembly. The two shouldn't be related, but if a fault wasn't cleared after replacement that could possibly be causing your comfort access issues. There are a lot of diagnostics for comfort access in ISTA that could easily help fix the issue, so a scan wouldn't hurt.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:55 AM

Mein Auto:
Same issue with my 2009 750ia

Do you remember which fuse it was? I have checked the ones I have found, but all seems to be ok.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:58 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio730d View Post
Do you remember which fuse it was? I have checked the ones I have found, but all seems to be ok.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 05 645Ci, 14 750 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by paprmkr View Post
Not sure you need to resync the actuators, just clear any old codes with ISTA. It sounds like these fail as often as the door handles. I hope you didn't have to buy a new actuator, I klnow how expensive that is. I found a used one fro 80.00 of EBAY.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 / F03 / F04 (2008 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search