Trunk rack for bikes? 2016 X4 M40i - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X4 F26 (2015 - Current)

X4 F26 (2015 - Current)
The X4 is a baby X6 and shares a platform with the F25 X3. The F26 X4 is the ultimate combination of sporty and sports utility.

Old 05-21-2020, 03:04 PM

Mein Auto:
Trunk rack for bikes? 2016 X4 M40i

Has anyone tried trunk racks for bikes? I don't have a tow hitch and would prefer not to go down the roof rack route. Any tips? Looki g to transport 3 bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2020, 03:48 PM
Nuclear engineer

Mein Auto: CPO2012 X5 35d M57(E70)
"Trunk racks" are OK for K-Mart bikes laying atop one another. EVERYONE with a roof rack will wipe-off their bikes sooner than later. Well purpose built hitch racks are the only way to transport nice expensive bikes.

Yes, thirty years ago I had a 'trunk rack' while I had one Cannondale M400, my first bike as an adult. I had it and rode it for about a year while my custom Longbikes Vanguard was being built - maybe the only Vanguard design built by Greg Peek and Longbikes.
Scepticism is the chastity of the intellect, and it is shameful to surrender it too soon or to the first comer: there is nobility in preserving it coolly and proudly through long youth, until at last, in the ripeness of instinct and discretion, it can be safely exchanged for fidelity and happiness.
(The Works of George Santayana p. 65)

Eschew eristical argumentation. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:16 AM
redhot47fla

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 535d
Following. We, too, would like recommendations for X4 trunk-mounted bike racks.
Retired: 2014 535d, Carbon Black/Mocha
Retired: 2013 535i, Space Gray Metallic, Oyster/Black Dakota

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X4 F26 (2015 - Current)
Today's Posts Search