Transmission Malfunction - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 / F03 / F04 (2008 - 2015)

7 Series - F01 / F02 / F03 / F04 (2008 - 2015)
The 5th generation F01/F02/F03/F04 BMW 7 Series flagship forum. The redesigned 7 series leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code, offering an 8 speed automatic transmission and all turbocharged engine options.

Old 05-24-2020, 07:11 PM
jag

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 750LI
Transmission Malfunction

Hi, Please help!
My 2009 750 li with 6hp28 E shift has some trouble with the transmission, so I serviced the valve body with a new separator plate and Sonnax Zip kit. Bridge (square) seal with 4 round seals was also replaced.
Then put everything back and fill the transmission (fill procedure followed). Reset adaptation with ISTA+. Start the car and no gear engagement. you can see the gear change on the selector lever between PDNR and no actual gear change on the transmission itself. After shifting gear few time "D" start flashing on the dash and selector lever. The car was not even rolling if put in neutral. I went under the car to see in the emergency park release lever was moving when put into DRN, no movement there. That emergency release lever is attached to the park lock cylinder control by Green solenoid and MV3 solenoid(black on opposite side).
I scanned with ISTA+ and it shows error code 400531-Actuator supply voltage, short circuit to ground.
Then I replaced the complete set of solenoids including park solenoids. Still no luck! same error.
Replaced battery(registered)
Replaced fuse boxes( glove and trunk)
It looks like the car stuck in the park or transmission lock.

Please help here.

Last edited by jagdev; 05-25-2020 at 08:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2020, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 05 645Ci, 14 750 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagdev View Post
Hi, Please help!
My 2009 750 li with 6hp28 E shift has some trouble with the transmission, so I serviced the valve body with a new separator plate and Sonnax Zip kit. Bridge (square) seal with 3 round seals was also replaced.
Then put everything back and fill the transmission (fill procedure followed). Reset adaptation with ISTA+. Start the car and no gear engagement. you can see the gear change on the selector lever between PDNR and no actual gear change on the transmission itself. After shifting gear few time "D" start flashing on the dash and selector lever. The car was not even rolling if put in neutral. I went under the car to see in the emergency park release lever was moving when put into DRN, no movement there. That emergency release lever is attached to the park lock cylinder control by Green solenoid and MV3 solenoid(black on opposite side).
I scanned with ISTA+ and it shows error code 400531-Actuator supply voltage, short circuit to ground.
Then I replaced the complete set of solenoids including park solenoids. Still no luck! same error.
Replaced battery(registered)
Replaced fuse boxes( glove and trunk)
It looks like the car stuck in the park or transmission lock.

Please help here.
Either you did not get the gear selector rod in place properly, or you probably bent a pin putting the Mechatronic sealing sleeve back in? Remove the connector to the sleeve, & use a mirror to inspect the pins. It is very tight space, & easy to bend a pin if not being very careful?
Old 05-25-2020, 05:21 AM
jag

I have already checked the connector pins twice, all looks good. This is an E shift so no actual rod/wires (mechanical link) from the gear lever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2020, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 05 645Ci, 14 750 M-Sport
Did you double check the spacing of the sealing sleeve to make sure it was fully seat, the gap needs to be less than 3mm. The fork will lock in further than that on a different groove, not allowing the pins in the connector to make contact.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:34 PM
jag

Yes, I've checked the gap 3 times and made sure sleave is fully seated and fully locked. Also, all the pins are fine too.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:02 PM
jag

I was doing testing for the shorts today and found my 30B supply terminal is short to the ground(I guess).
There is a plug under the hood through which 30B supply goes from the fuse box (behind the glove box) to the mechatronics unit AKA EGS. I disconnected that under-hood connector and connect the multimeter on 30B wire to EGS and +ve jumper terminal and it shows 12.xx volt. That got me thinking my multimeter is getting -ve through EGS's 30B wire.
I am going to disconnect the mechatronics plug tomorrow and do this volt test again just to confirm the short is not in the wiring itself(which I hope it is). If not, then I will be moving to drop my valve body (4th time) and crack open the EGS unit to see if there is something that I can find.
If anyone has encountered a similar "Actuator Supply voltage short to ground" error please share your experience.

Last edited by jagdev; 05-26-2020 at 07:12 PM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
bad transmission, fail safe error transmission, limp mode, zf transmission

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 / F03 / F04 (2008 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search