Mis-information from the Manufacturer (x3) - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 11-10-2019, 08:58 PM
BeeemerBro

Mein Auto: X3 M54 150k
Mis-information from the Manufacturer (x3)

We all are familiar with the various recalls, design flaws and sub quality parts directly from the the manufacturer. But after reading a past post I considered this to be helpful...
Can we identify instances,maintenance or oem products where we the consumer has been mis-informed by this manufacturer?
Here allow me to start...
*The tranny (transmission) fluid is said to be life long but we have learned that is not accurate.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2019, 10:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW G05 X5
BMW Canada unambiguously and vigorously insist that a compact spare rim/tire does not exist for BMW G05 X5, regardless overwhelming facts that 5 minutes over the border, itís not an issue and isnít even a discussion point. And their lesser dealers actually believe them!!! The part exists, can be ordered even in Canada by part number (donít tell them what itís for, theyíll cancel your order, I BS you not!), and proven to fit fine. Morons leading morons.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:40 PM
BeeemerBro

Mein Auto: X3 M54 150k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexx View Post
BMW Canada unambiguously and vigorously insist that a compact spare rim/tire does not exist for BMW G05 X5, regardless overwhelming facts that 5 minutes over the border, itís not an issue and isnít even a discussion point. And their lesser dealers actually believe them!!! The part exists, can be ordered even in Canada by part number (donít tell them what itís for, theyíll cancel your order, I BS you not!), and proven to fit fine. Morons leading morons.
Yeah! When dealing with these cars and the people who "fix" them, you must use your own brain and not take everything they say as solid truth

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2019, 08:35 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW X3... VOLVO... V
You need to be especially wary of information on the internet, especially people with royalty titles in their user names

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search