BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The official E9x OT thread!

2M views 4K replies 138 participants last post by  i🫶myN54 
#1 ·
Many of you have asked for it... so here it is.

While this is OT, all of the rules still apply. Keep in mind that personal attacks an NSFW material will get posters in hot water.

Enjoy.

- Mike

#3,926 ·
Worst Driver & Ultimate Parking Machine

Having been in the car business for many years I've gotten to know the driving habits of hundreds of BMW owners. We all like to think we're hotshot drivers, even the worst of us can easily get out of a parking space.
The truth is we are exceptions. We're on the high end of the capability scale. The fact is that there are more BMW drivers closer to this driver than to us. And this is parking. Most drivers never ask more performance of their BMWs than they would of a Camry.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/08/meet-calgarys-worst-parker-video/

#3,928 ·
Having been in the car business for many years I've gotten to know the driving habits of hundreds of BMW owners. We all like to think we're hotshot drivers, even the worst of us can easily get out of a parking space.
The truth is we are exceptions. We're on the high end of the capability scale. The fact is that there are more BMW drivers closer to this driver than to us. And this is parking. Most drivers never ask more performance of their BMWs than they would of a Camry.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/08/meet-calgarys-worst-parker-video/
I have seen the video and my chin dropped while I was watching it. Thinking about it now, I'm just as taken aback as I initially was. This person shouldn't be operating motorized equipment of any variety.

#3,933 ·
I'm posting just to spice things up. I had a Hyundai Accent rental in Mass. for the last two weeks. :mad: I appreciate my F30 a lot more today now that I'm back in CA.

#3,938 ·
Very nice pics Kati, Happy New Year! Are you back in the US? (Hope you're not a big Dallas fan, I have some bad news for you.) You really nailed the exposure on that building with the tree in front. I know I've seen that before. I at first thought it was in Kaiserplatz but that's wrong, there's only the church there which is that ornate. Location (I'll feel dumb for sure)? Was that with your Canon and aperature priority? Do you recall the settings? I'm curious to know how you stopped motion and still got enough light.
Wait a sec...that is Kaiserplatz and that is the "church" with the fancy belltower I recall, except it isn't a church, it's a municipal building and the belltower has a famous sequence that all the tourists come to see and hear, nicht wahr? Still have the legs, it's the memory that's fading.

#3,939 ·
Happy New Year to you too. Yes, back and yes there was much mourning in our household late yesterday afternoon. :(

Glad you liked the photos - regarding the settings. I cranked up the ISO to 1600 then shot 1/30s at F6.7, 18mm. What I can't remember is whether I had my 10-24 lens on at that point. That baby lets in a tremendous amount of light being 77mm diameter. The building is the Rathaus in Marienplatz.

#3,941 · (Edited)
#3,949 ·
If so, you get my vote...:p

#3,958 ·
I think I'll spend more time in here rather than the 'war zone' of PS. I recently 'complimented' another poster by calling him the 'master of obfuscation' (I know damn well he considered it a compliment), but the mod differed and gave me an infraction. :bawling:

You just can't win in there...

#3,959 ·
I think I'll spend more time in here rather than the 'war zone' of PS. I recently 'complimented' another poster by calling him the 'master of obfuscation' (I know damn well he considered it a compliment), but the mod differed and gave me an infraction. :bawling:

You just can't win in there...
You got an infraction for calling someone an obfuscator in PS? You've got to be kidding! Who's in charge there now, the California Legislature? What'd you get, suspended for five days and no return without sensitivity training and a note from your shrink?

#3,968 · (Edited)
OK...only a few more posts to the 5,000 mark. Who's going to accomodate me? :dunno: Kat, can you think of two subjects that I can respond to? Do you have the fireworks ready?

#3,969 ·
Here is a suggestion. Engage in an anti-Barry rant and you will exceed the 5k posts count in no time! ;)

In other news, I got the dreaded "check engine" light accompanied by shudder, this morning. Currently harassing the local stealer to match my indy's labor rate before I bring in Bemo for surgery.
Having experienced this a year ago, it feels like a classic ignition cool/plug combo.
If I turn out to be correct, all 6 coils/plugs will get replaced. The car is at 42k happy miles...

#3,979 ·
I called 'home' to New England today and wondered if anything like this had ever been attempted:

It's a 'cab' no less! You can't photoshop things like this. ;)

If I had to guess, it's some snob on the north shore of Mass. who doesn't want to be seen on a (God forbid) Toro.

#3,983 ·
What the heck is going on in here?

DSX - What's my score?

Car Update: 6 plugs/coils + eccentric shaft sensor seal on valve cover, some suspicious CCA discount of 15% and I walked out the door with an invoice for $819.

Why I did all 6? Well, last year #5 broke, now it was #4 so I decided to be proactive and get this over with.

Btw, still no sign of ///M-BeRated...shame....

#3,984 ·
What the heck is going on in here?

DSX - What's my score?
Did you see all the trouble DSX is having with Bimmerdex dealing with non conforming profiles? Bimmerdex is still in beta test version. Your stats are too 'normal' for it to throw a bug code. Be patient and I'm sure DSX will be able to give you your index. I'm not advertising mine as I still think his algorerithim is faulty.

#3,988 ·
Will happily crunch Zeichen's and Bemo's Bimmerdexes. Right now I'm watching a skid steer (Bobcat) move snow all over my property. He's making room for the next blizzard, due Sunday. Some days I'd sell the joint for a dollar.
Anyway, Calwaterboy Due's Bimmerdex finally came up. The problem was factoring Calwaterboy/CalwaterboyDue, the formula didn't include a way for the two screen names to be processed. The algorithm kept wanting to add the two indexes which resulted in a number greater than 10, implausible. I've now factored in sigma B/2 when n^1 and it looks like we're live. Sure could have used the help of one of you coders on my two week cruise when I was coming up with the Bimmerdex. Becasue none of you were available I had to substitute alcohol. I got that tip from a Windows coder who worked on 3.0.

#3,990 ·
I'm afraid Kat has lost an entire point for the following sentence quoted verbatim from her epic 'vert (take that Kat!) thread, post #293: " A few years ago ThunderDump posted his noodle was drooping."

What the heck was she thinking?
Hmm "drooping noodle" could become Thunder's American Indian name!

#3,991 ·
I think that our 'Bimmerdex' meister might be preocupied with THIS:

2/14/15....

Blizzard Warning

New Hampshire

1 hour ago - National Weather Service

Snow will increase in ... Accumulations: snow accumulation of 12 to 16 inches with local
higher amounts in coastal York and Rockingham counties reaching up to 24 inches ...

#3,994 ·
Last Friday I paid a guy with a Bobcat big money to move snow around my lot so that I could gain an additional five spaces. Last night the giant city sidewalk snow blower came by and completely filled three of those spaces to a depth of 5'.

Kat posted: "I demand a rollback to my previous Bimmerindex."
"Demand"? I have no control over the Bimmerdex processor. It monitors all posts and automatically generates the 'dex. Oh look at that, Kat lost an additional .2 pts for unreasonable demands. Tut tut, those Moderators just get power drunk. Apparently the processor didn't buy her story about complete innocence when referencing the 'noodle'.

#3,995 ·
Last Friday I paid a guy with a Bobcat big money to move snow around my lot so that I could gain an additional five spaces. Last night the giant city sidewalk snow blower came by and completely filled three of those spaces to a depth of 5'...
Use some of the snow to make yourself a frozen margarita and call it a good deal! :)

We have about a foot and a half on the ground...so far so good...

#3,999 ·
Interesting.

Looks like it's only you and I (with a few 'bones' from Kat) who are trying to keep this thread alive.

DSX dunks his foot in the water between 'snow removal' episodes. Geezus I really feel for him...it can't be good for business.

Finishing off the last dregs of your recommended Taquila now...

#4,006 ·
Just called an (elderly) friend of mine in Mass. who paid someone $500 to have her roof cleared of ice and snow (that's the going rate for 'insured' contractors). It took 5+ hrs. How long will this 'fix' last with more to come?

Ice is now causing significant leaks in her house as the gutters are full of ice...

Friends, relatives in Mass. reporting many roof 'cave in' stories around New England...

Unbelievable...what a freakin disaster.

#4,007 ·
I would gladly pay $500 considering the person doing the job is one slip away from getting hurt.

Still working the tequila mix? I'm paying penance tonight....

Oh and it's snowing again but just a few inches. Spring couldn't come soon enough.

#4,013 ·
:thumbup:p&G - what a pretty picture. Interesting idea about Bimmerfesting on the West Coast, looking forward to reading the details of your upcoming proposal. Don't forget the fine print!

#4,025 · (Edited)
I'm heading back to NYC on Friday. Not looking forward to it.
The new car was shipped and is waiting for me on Long Island. I am planning to pick it up on Monday weather permitting. Once I pick it up it will probably stay in the garage for a few weeks until the weather breaks.

CA

#4,030 ·
This of course will be absolutely fascinating information to E9X OT readers!

A quick survey of my immediate neighbors...BMW vs. Audi (and MBz) market share:

Audi:
A4
A6
S5
BMW:
528i (E39)
528i (F30)
535i (FX?)
M5 (2015...F?) I'm too lazy to look it up.
535xi GT...(what an odd looking car)
Mercedes
C250

I can't count my neighbor's BMW 650i cabrio that I haven't seen in several weeks although it had 'dealer I.D.' plates on it. It might be in Hong Kong now. I've noticed a lot of BMW 'turnover' in his garage over the years with high-end cars that never seem to get fitted with CA plates.
:dunno:

BMW wins! :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.