All BMWs E70 Stereo to Top-Hifi retrofit CODING problems - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:18 AM

Mein Auto: BMW E36 M54B30
E70 Stereo to Top-Hifi retrofit CODING problems

Hello, just did a stereo to top-hifi retrofit, and ran into some problems.

First of all I have replaced complete harness from trunk to front, changed speakers, added DVD Changer and amplifier.
Then supplied both dvd and amplifier with power supply (those was missing, becouse the wiring harness was from USA car, and mine is from Europe.) So not minding this - dvd changer works,reacts, makes reading sound when load button pushed (also lights flashes).
- MOST network working: got singal from ccc>dvdchanger>amplifier>bluetoothmodule> most bus ring. Meaning the wiring is fine, modules getting power.
- Then did some coding with ncsexpert. Added $677 and $696 to VO in both CAS and FRM modules, then did FA_WRITE to CAS AND FRM modules, also did sg_codieren to all CCC related modules (chost, cappl, cgate, caudi, ctune).
- Changed audio settings from STEREO to TOP-Hifi in CCC modules (chost, cappl, cgate, caudi, ctune)
After coding and looking at ecu list tree on rheingold I can see DVDC and AMPT modules appreaded, but they are in red (not responding)

My problem is that I have no sound...
Im completely lost, struggling with this couple days already... Am I missing something? Any ideas are highly welcome
Does integration level has anything to do with retrofiting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2019, 09:21 AM

Mein Auto: 09 E90
Those amps can get to NO SOUND scenario, i have US 2010 x5 and i had no sound from any speakers, NO retrofit or any stereo manipulations was done, just stop working... i took my amp apart and literally put it back together and its holding up with providing sound now!

Maybe you can find someone to swap and test your amp on someone else's car, especially it only takes 30 sec to swap amp!?
Old 01-15-2019, 09:22 AM

HOW did you mange to post a new thread?( I have very limited posts and need Mod approval to post!(((
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2019, 09:32 AM

I'm leaning to coding problems on this, because as example dvd.changer lights up and makes reading sounds when I press "load" button. But still aint communicating with car..
Dont know how to test the amp tbh, I just know that its alive becouse fiber optics are passing by

Sent from my LEX722 using Bimmerfest mobile app
Old 01-15-2019, 09:35 AM

To be honest im not an expert in this things, im only trying to help you with the scenario of NO SOUND!

My amp was looking absolutely fine, most ring was there, i could scan it with Ista or Inpa and even test the volume of each speaker in that software but there was NO actual sound that i can hear! Even tho Ista was telling me that AMP is working fine!!!
Old 01-15-2019, 09:42 AM

And this is what I see :xClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190112_134605.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	836089

Old 01-15-2019, 10:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535i
You sure you have $677 LOGIC ? And not $676 HIFI ? Also you might need to update your amp with winkfp if there is no sound
Old 01-15-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by impac4000 View Post
You sure you have $677 LOGIC ? And not $676 HIFI ? Also you might need to update your amp with winkfp if there is no sound
Yea I'm possitive. The problem is that amp is not responding, so wouldn't be able to update, will I?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190114_215233.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	836093

Old 01-18-2019, 08:09 AM

Well, connect with Winkfp COMFORT, go through all the steps and see what it will do! But i think you WANT to do it over MOST (optical) interface!
Old 01-19-2019, 01:21 AM

Update: all the coding I did was good. The problem was, that optic cable after all the modules didint close the loop (had an empty connector that i tried to bypass unsuccessfuly). Took the signal end of that spare connector and put it back to amplifier, thus closing the loop. Now I got sound!

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
audio failure, ccc, coding, integration level, no sound, retrofit, sound, stereo, tophifi, vo

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search