F020 (F02x, F03x, F08x) BMW F20 automatic transmission retrofit - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 12-16-2019, 03:07 AM

Mein Auto: F10 LCI 550xi
BMW F20 automatic transmission retrofit

Hello guys,

Just bought a F20 with manual transmission from 2014, at a very good price, with intense to use some money and make it automatic. I will start to ask not to offer me sell manual and buy auto, because here in Denmark we have enormous taxes on the cars, and auto vs manual has a price difference starting from 10k+ euro. So retrofitting can actually pay off. I know all the parts that needs to be exchanged and it will be not more than 1500 euro in total. I have already found used gearbox for 230 euro, with 53t km on clock. All labor I can do myself. The only question is coding. I have done another retrofits like navigation, clusters and so on... Everything was just smooth. But I am a bit skeptic about gearbox will be not so easy to make play. I do not believe that it will be like remove manual, add auto tranny to FA and VO code DDE and other ECU's.
I have found many thread about people swapping auto to manual on E-series, but absolutely 0 about manual to auto. Maybe someone has some info about such a swap codewise? Any help is appreciated.
As an additional question, maybe at least someone knows, from which ECU, ISTA reads information about vehicle? (color, transmission type, left/right hand drive...)

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
auto, f20, f21, manual, transmission

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search