HSV W427 - 7.0 litre V8, 500hp the M5 Competitor! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions

General BMW Questions
Use this forum to ask general question about the BMW ownership and keep up on the latest BMW news. Direct all model specific questions to model specific forums below.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:18 AM

Mein Auto:
Exclamation HSV W427 - 7.0 litre V8, 500hp the M5 Competitor!

Wow!!! this thing is insane!!!!

http://www.pressportal.com.au/news/4...008-06-20.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2019, 06:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2019 M550i xDrive
Thats and old post, that car has been out for at least 10 years now.. old news, runs the same 427 cubic inch engine (7.0 Litre) in the older Corvette Z06 models in the 2000's . GM makes a lot of M5 killers, i love my BMW's but always been a GM fan, even owned my own drag car (06 GTO 408 Stroker), nameless Chevy SS Sedans (2), Cadillac CTS-V and other rwd GM cars i have owned over the years, they will give the current M5 a run for its money in a straight line, including the Camaro ZL1 Corvette Z06, Cadillac CTSV and Corvette ZR1. cornering, not as much as the BMW, not sure if any tests were done but in my opinion the BMW got it beat on a track which it is more stable the rear wheel drive GM cars are hard to get the power to the ground with their wheel spin.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2019 M550i xDrive
You want a badass GM, read this, engine built in the US, car is aussie designed and built by Holden (GM's Australian Division) - 1200hp

http://www.australiastoughestcars.co...n-hsv-1200-hp/

GUP is his nick name and he got kicked off the Virginia Motorsports track for the insane run he had. Had the car shipped here to the USA for the engine build and fitment, shipped back to Australia when done.

Video in the link also. There i a video somewhere of him running it at the track

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions
Today's Posts Search