Custom CAFD Tool - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:10 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokenMaster View Post
I should learn to refresh the settings after saving :gah:

Workaround: Restart the app after saving
I already tried that, but no difference. When I reopen it, it has the correct path, but I get the same errors.

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Token Master

Mein Auto: Coded F30
Updated OP. Thanks for testing
Old 10-05-2013, 12:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
I'm getting the same issue running with the new 1.1 version.

I'm running E-SYs 3.22.5, psdzdata 50.4 installed in C:\ESysData running Windows XP.

With version 1.0, the tool would not start properly, I would always get an "Invalid Signature Key" error popup on start up.

With 1.1 and the default path, I get the following behavior:

1. With default settings (path at C:\Data\psdzdata and the actual path at C:\ESysData\psdzdata), I can now properly load the tool (no error pop up).

a. Clicking on NCD / CAFD and opening the File Dialog results in properly locating my C:\ESysData\CAFD dir that contains my .ncd files. How did the code find that if the default path is C:\Data\...?

b. Trying to open the .ncd results in the "Object reference not set to an instance of the object" error. This is expected as the path to the psdzdata is incorrect.

2. I then updated the path to C:\ESysData\psdzdata, saved, change and verified the change in the NcdCafdTool.exe.config file. Restarted the tool and I'm back to the dreaded "Invalid Signature Key" error popup on start up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2013, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Updated OP. Thanks for testing
I have the same issue with V1.1.1.

With the "wrong" path, the tool loads, but cannot open the .ncd file.

With "correct" psdzdata path, tool pops up an error about an Invalid Signature and also cannot open the .ncd file.

What is the tool storing in the Windows local or roaming profile as the Config file is in the tool dir? I couldn't find anything in there for this tool or in the registry.

BTW: I'm storing the tool in C:\NCD-Tool. Is the code location sensitive?

Also, when updating the path and hitting save, the tool now throws an exception:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicExceptio n: The specified network password is not correct.

at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509 Certificate2Collection.LoadStoreFromBlob(Byte[] rawData, String password, UInt32 dwFlags, Boolean persistKeyContainers)
at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509 Certificate2Collection.Import(Byte[] rawData, String password, X509KeyStorageFlags keyStorageFlags)
at TokenMaster.Cafd.Security.Initialize(String psdzPath, String passkey)
at CafdTool.SettingsPanel.b(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thanks for helping on this and getting though the growing pains! I'm sure it will be well worth it!
Old 10-05-2013, 12:53 AM

Ok, 1.1.1. is working. Thanks.

But, the NCD Compare function seems to have a minor issue processing "UNBELEGT".

I loaded the same .NCD on both side, and compared them, which should have zero differences, but it showed two differences, both related to UNBELEGT FDL's.

It seems to get confused, and compare UNBELEGT from two different rows, for example say UNBELEGT on Row 83 from the left with UNBELEGT on Row 80 on the right:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 001.png
Views:	267
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	400581

Name:	Image 002.png
Views:	356
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	400582

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:35 AM

I ran Process Monitor against the tool and see that the code tries to read the C:\******dir>\security\sec_security.lic file.

For me (under Windows XP and running ESys 3.22.5):

1. If the above file does not exist (the base path is wrong), then the program loads properly. No error message is generated if the above file does not exist. Subsequent attempts to load an ncd file of course fails.

2. If the above file exists (the base path is correct), then the program fails in start up and generates an "Invalid Signature Key" and subsequent attempts to load an ncd file of course fails.

Is this tool supposed to work with ESys 3.22.5, or should I install version 3.23.4?

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Token Master

E-Sys doesn't matter, PsdZ does. What version of PsdZ are you using?
Old 10-05-2013, 10:14 AM

Custom CAFD Tool

Quote:

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-05-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
FrogmanF30 is always the first to see new PSdZData on server and download it. He for sure is 50.4.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Token Master

Egad! XP has a limitation of 32 characters on passwords, thus, PsdZ file cannot be opened
Old 10-05-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Egad! XP has a limitation of 32 characters on passwords, thus, PsdZ file cannot be opened
This sounds like a good excuse to upgrade my coding laptop to Windows 7!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:41 PM

Any thoughts on the UNBELEGT issue?

Old 10-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Token Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Any thoughts on the UNBELEGT issue?
This is already resolved but couldn't release it yesterday. Had to watch the Cardinals play against the Huskies. New version will be out when I get home in a bit ghosted
Old 10-06-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
This is already resolved but couldn't release it yesterday. Had to watch the Cardinals play against the Huskies. New version will be out when I get home in a bit ghosted
Ok. Thanks.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Token Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Ok. Thanks.
New release posted in OP. You'd think function names should be unique, but I guess not. This was resolve by referencing function with its name and block address.

Texans are in town playing the 49ers, BTW
Old 10-06-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
New release posted in OP. You'd think function names should be unique, but I guess not. This was resolve by referencing function with its name and block address.

Texans are in town playing the 49ers, BTW
Thanks. It works great now.

Yes, I am watching the Texans get their asses kicked...

Old 10-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Token Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogmanF30 View Post
This sounds like a good excuse to upgrade my coding laptop to Windows 7!
I tried to make it work on XP. While I can extract the certificate needed for decryption, the method of unpacking CAFD files still throws an error, so it's not just a matter of password limitation, but the whole cryptography library is severely limited. I guess we can say, XP is too old for today's crypto needs.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Token Master

Coming soon: Ich spreche kein Deutsch
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Translate.PNG
Views:	338
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	401387  
Old 10-10-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Translation...I love it!

Old 10-10-2013, 12:15 PM

Mein Auto: BMW m550i xDrive 2018
Quote:
Wow, this will be a real time saver! Well done!
Z1Q, ZC5, ZK9, ZTV, 29X, 2VW, 4LQ, 4161, LZFK

Mods: none for now

Other:
BMW R1150RT 2005 LE, night black

Retired:
BMW F10 550i 2011 m-sport & Meistershaft GTC Exhaust
BMW e60 545i 2005 m-sport 6mt
BMW e39 540i 2000 6mt
BMW R1100RT 2000
[/SIGPIC]
Old 10-10-2013, 09:14 PM

Mein Auto: E87
this will certainly change many things. great work!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:31 AM
Token Master

New Feature: Translation

Translation is done, using Bing Translator cloud service, and a few minor bugs ironed out.

Note: As Translation can be a slow process, depending on your connection, it is spun on a separate thread. .NET 4.0 has better support for threading, thus, the tool is now built using .NET Framework 4.0. If you don't need translation, you can stay with the older version.

Translation is disabled by default and there are several settings that affect translation.

Enable Translation - quite obvious, disable/enable translation feature
Automatic Translation - Translation will be performed upon opening NCD/CAFD files
Target Language -select one of supported languages. Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech...etc. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh456380.aspx for complete list of supported language
Display Options - Select how you wish the translated text is displayed. Translated Text -show only the translated text, replacing base/original text. Original (Translated) - Translated text appear next to base text in parenthesis. Translated (Original) - Translated text appear before the base text. The parenthesis can be changed, say, to a bracket by editing NcdCafdTool.exe.config and change the value of displayOptions. To use brackets, you would use: ...;{0} [{1}]=Original [Translated];...
Use Bing Translator - Use Bing when text phrase is not found in cache. If unchecked, Translation will only use the local text database (language..xml)
Client ID/Client Secret - If you have a Bing account, you can use your own App ID and Secret. As I'm using the free option, I'm limited to 1M character per month. See this to setup your own Bing account http://blogs.msdn.com/b/translation/...gstarted1.aspx

The package include a set of translated text (language.en.xml). This are from my own NCD/CAFD so it is by no means complete. You can edit the XML file if you find any issue with the translated text. As you translate NCD/CAFD, this file will grow as translated text are stored in this file.

By default, display option is set to Original (Translated). You can change this from the settings menu

If you leave Automatic Translation uncheck, you can invoke translation by right-clicking on an item and select Translate from the context menu

As mentioned, Translation is using Bing Web Services and your connection will affect the performance of the transalation. On my 24mbps down/6mbps up connection, usual 1-2Kb NCD files takes about 2-4 seconds to complete. 10Kb files can take up to 10 seconds. Maximum character length per request is 10000 so the tool will do several request even for small ncd files if automatic translation and "Use Bing" is selected (3-4 requests is normal).
Old 10-13-2013, 07:20 AM

Nice!

Old 10-13-2013, 11:45 AM

I can't get Translation working.

I have Enable Translation checked, and tried manually via Right-Click => Translate, and nothing happened. Then I enabled Automatic Translation, and tried all 3 different output options, and I cant see anything translated.

Also, when I check the Use Bing Translator, even though I have no account to test it with, the Client ID and Client Secret Fields remain Greyed out. I was figuring they should open up to be populated.

Also, what happened to the Program Icon? It's now Grey instead of Blue. If you changed it, I would go with Red. It hardly shows up in my Blueish / Grey Taskbar as Grey.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Token Master

Can you rename language.en.xml to something else, then check all 3 checkboxes, and load/reload small NCD? Check if it creates a new language.en.xml. You should see the translation take into effect within a few seconds. You can leave the client id/secret blank for now and it will use my client id/secret.

I see why it wasn't enabling the textboxes and will be fixed in the next version.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
bmw, cafd, e-sys, token, tokenmaster

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search