E53 X5 - back up reverse camera - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 10-31-2016, 04:07 PM

Mein Auto: E53 X5
E53 X5 - back up reverse camera

Hi,

We have a 2003 X5, 4.4i. Great car so far but definitely not the easiest to fit into tigh European car parks and on street parking designed for smart cars!!

We are wishing to install a reverse camera. Our car had a factory standard setup for the radio. We have sat Nav, 6 stack CD player and a cassette player in built into the head unit.

I did some reading about reverse cameras and it looks straight forwards if you have a TV tuner. So I just bought a TV tuner from a person who was selling it cheap from their 7 series. But it didn't come with a cable and my understanding is the tuner needs to be plugged in line with the GPS unit.

I have 2 questions

1) does anyone know where I can get the cable from (aside from paying 110euros at BMW) and a part number

2) is installing a tv tuner really as simple as plugging and play (into the GPS unit)??

Last edited by Chutney; 11-01-2016 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Tags not addrd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2018, 02:29 AM

Mein Auto:
Hi Bro,

Have you succeeded with installing the reverse camera into the factory unit of your X5 ? If yes, it would be very nice if you update us how you end up with this?
I have not yet bought TV tuner but I will if necessary . I actually thought to see here if anyone installed the rear camera without TV tuner.

Was it a simple installation for u?

Kind regards
NZ Bimmer
Old 12-15-2018, 09:40 AM

Mein Auto:
Hi. I have the tv tuner already in my unit. Anyone know how to make a camera work with it? Previous owner fitted a camera to the tailgate but never wired it up as he didnít know how so itís still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
backup camera diy, e53, electronic, radio, reverse camera, x5

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search