won't talk to code reader - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d
won't talk to code reader

Bit o' weirdness here.

So the other day I went for a drive and the suspension seemed pumped up way to much, hitting small bumps like the tires were made of concrete, or something. WTF, eh? Then I got an alert that the self-leveling suspension control module was acting up.

That alert lasted through a couple restarts, then went away. So I decided to stick the car on my code reader, and see what reports it could pull up. Half-way through the code scan, the code reader software crashed.

Now neither my Blue Driver can communicate with the car, nor could a code reader down at the Advance Auto store. The X5 seems to be running fine, and no more alerts, although the airbag compressor seems to turn on and run for a minute or so every time I climb into the the car, with or without any attempt to turn things on.

The X5 has 115,000 miles on the ticker, so I'm thinking it may need new air bags, or perhaps other pieces to fix that issue. And I'm concerned that the car no longer seems interested in talking to things via the OBD port.

I've made an appointment with the dealer for next week, and wondering if anybody here has any insights to share.
formerly '69 BMW 2002 and '67 BMW 2000CS

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search