BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Sad Day... Parting out my 2006 650

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  The Thomas J 
#1 · (Edited)
Well had an accident today, was on a short S curve and ran into a curb because someone was trying to come into my lane with me in it.
Lots of suspension ,wheel damage, even set off the side airbag and the roll bar.
The other side is fine.
The interior seating is black leather, I changed it out

More to fix it then the cars worth so parting it out....

Contact me with serious inquires for parts and we will make a deal.
engine only has 80k on it. Car runs like a champ.

What to get next....

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
That is a real shame, I hope the other party is liable for the damage. The body still looks good, but when the air bags blow, the car takes a major hit. If you have receipts for all of the work done, you should be able to get some of that back.

I hope you didn't knocked around real bad, but that is enough to make you sick. I would shoot for a 2010 650, or M6.

#5 · (Edited)
Sad day indeed. You’ve had that car a long time and you took great care of it. Hope that while the car is a write off you came out unscathed.

If anything like this were to happen to my E46 convertible I’d be shopping for a 6 or so year old 911 with three pedals. Found a beauty last year but couldn’t part with the old BMW and still not enough garage space...

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

#7 ·
Sad day indeed. You've had that car a long time and you took great care of it. Hope that while the car is a write off you came out unscathed.

If anything like this were to happen to my E46 convertible I'd be shopping for a 6 or so year old 911 with three pedals. Found a beauty last year but couldn't part with the old BMW and still not enough garage space...

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest
Funny that you mention the 911. Years ago when I was looking and asking for opinions someone said, (maybe it was you) that the best way to describe the 6 Series driving experience is that it drives like a bigger, heavier 911. That comment always stayed with me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Very sorry to hear about the damage. Happy you’re OK.
It’s sad to see another long-time owner lose his ride. There are very few of us left.
I’ve owned mine for over eleven years now and still haven’t found a potential replacement ride that piques my interest.

#8 ·
Very sorry to hear about the damage. Happy you're OK.
It's sad to see another long-time owner lose his ride. There are very few of us left.
I've owned mine for over eleven years now and still haven't found a potential replacement ride that piques my interest.
+1

I'm not sure there is anything else I'd want currently. Sad to see something like this happen but as others have said, glad your ok as that's the main thing.

#9 ·
I can see it is pretty banged up suspension wise, as the guys have mentioned the other guys insurance should pay up, provided of course he did not just drive off!! Hopefully you have a camera on board, here in the UK a camera is a must have accessory with the amount of nutters we have on the roads. At the end of the day for all the effort and care you have taken is a poor way to lose your car, but then again the options are totally open for the next one!!!

#10 ·
Parting the car out should bring you more money than the complete car, but you will need somewhere to remove & store parts. I would think somewhere between 10 to 12k, maybe more. I the insurance company will settle & let you keep the car for parts, you would be way ahead of the game money wise. Our year models are tanking fast, almost like giving them away. I would be interested in the dash, possibly the seats, & the CIC if you upgraded your car. Look at prices on Ebay for the motor & transmission, which will bring the most money. I am not sure the rear diff might have held up. The good thing about our cars is most of the body panels bolt on without being welded, making things much easier to remove.

#11 ·
oh, man that sucks. I just saw this thread, I was just reading an old post of yours on how to flush power steering and then I saw this. I may hit you up for some odds and ends when you get further along and are about to tow it away.

#17 ·
Well had an accident today, was on a short S curve and ran into a curb because someone was trying to come into my lane with me in it.
Lots of suspension ,wheel damage, even set off the side airbag and the roll bar.
The other side is fine.
The interior seating is black leather, I changed it out

More to fix it then the cars worth so parting it out....

Contact me with serious inquires for parts and we will make a deal.
engine only has 80k on it. Car runs like a champ.

What to get next....
Hey will you ship to Pittsburgh pa? I need a few miscellaneous parts. Driver door wiring harness is one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.