BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Thread about nothing

799K views 18K replies 232 participants last post by  haolibird 
#1 ·
The e60 forum has one, probably because there is nothing good to talk about with their cars. ROFL. Post what you want!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#12,242 · (Edited)
Ugh if it's not one thing, it's another. Now I can't get the drivers door to lock. I replaced the actuator. But I can't get it to lock with the switch. I can do the unlock with the key, but it feels like something is jammed up because it won't turn to lock at all. Parked another car right next to it so no one can get in the car. Have to try and sort it tomorrow or source a used latch assembly. Bloody hell...

Sent from Uranus with Love

#12,244 ·
Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here! Lol

#12,249 ·
Looking good!

#12,253 ·
Heated seats are a wonderful thing... love having them in my V70R.

#12,257 ·
Well I don't think any of them last forever, even OEM lol. Just a bad design in my opinion. Never bought one from ebay nor ever will lol. Might just pick up one from a junkyard car for the time being and leave the switch disconnected. No ones ever in the back of my cars anyways. Eventually when spring comes around, I'm going to replace all of them at once with new motors along with the vapor barriers, door panel clips and anything else. Won't be cheap, but better to do it all at once so I won't have to tear it all apart again later on.

Funny enough, it's not the first time the thing has been replaced. The motor has a manufacture date of 2007. Course that could just be the motor itself that was swapped, but who knows.

#12,258 ·
Good thing you can still get a new cable, that looks shielded. Not easy to repair that!

#12,259 ·
#12,261 · (Edited)
Someone is trying to sell an E34 in the classified section for something like $128,000 if I remember correctly, but specifically that E34 wagon I think he is asking about $750 too much...but I'm in Detroit so I could be way off for the Bay area.

Edit: $129k, E34 M5 6sp touring Euro-spec (that's a 3.8L!), posted in August.

Posted through Tapatalk downloaded to my neural implant

#12,264 ·
Nice! Which model/engine?

#12,266 ·
So M52...with the I6 does it still have recirculating ball steering like with the V8 or is it like the E39 where the setups are completely different? Does it have 3 pedals?

Posted through Tapatalk downloaded to my neural implant

#12,267 · (Edited)
Auto, TBH no idea on the set up.
E38's are extremely rare around here because up to 2003, the car import tax essentially "punished" you when you bought anything over 2.2 litre.
Basically the tax on a 7 series, back then with the previous tax law, was to the extent of you actually buying another car for the government. The law changed twice after 2003 and became much more consumer friendly. I know people who bought E39's just around end of 2002 only to see their car lose about 17,000 Euros in value overnight bcs of the new list prices in 2003.

#12,271 ·
Pro Tip
When replacing rear air springs, ensure the replacements are for right AND left instead of receiving two rights...
Until Saturday when the left is supposed to arrive...

2001 750iL DD74441
E65 fan & clutch, E65 headrests, Front First Aid Kit, Ultimate Cup holder

2005 X5 4.8is LE82680
Stock

RIP: 2003 540iA Sport GS56111
H&R front springs, Ultimate Cup Holder, Euro Dash & Armrest, Grom, BavSound Stage1

#12,300 ·
Better Pro Top: avoid Amazon...
Got the replacements, finally. Instead of the correct air springs it was a set of... tow mirrors.
Uuummmmm... yeah
At least I get to keep everything and got a full refund... so much for saving $ when the vehicle down for two weeks...
Time for the tried and true source: FCPEURO

2001 750iL DD74441
E65 fan & clutch, E65 headrests, Front First Aid Kit, Ultimate Cup holder

2005 X5 4.8is LE82680
Stock

RIP: 2003 540iA Sport GS56111
H&R front springs, Ultimate Cup Holder, Euro Dash & Armrest, Grom, BavSound Stage1

#12,272 ·
Whoops! I know what that's like though. When I replaced the front suspension on my mother's Elantra last year, I got two left lower control arms instead of left and right. Took a week for the turnaround because I had to wait for the right side one to come from the distribution center.

#12,275 ·
spied today while driving thru town on a 74 degree Christmas Eve...wonder how much the COG was altered.
Oh that's nothing... there's a 2012-ish Charger around here that I just saw the other day that's even higher than that... with even bigger rimzzz if you can believe it! My jaw hits the floor every time I see it!

Merry Christmas everybody!