BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What Are You All Using for Detailing?

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Fathertyme1 
#1 ·
So I have always been a MEGUIARS guy! I've been using their entire lineup of products from: Soaps, Wax, Detail Spray, Leather Cleaner, etc. for over 3 decades!

But I would like to share a product that I have been beyond impressed with lately from Turtle Wax: Their line of "ICE" products. Specifically these 2:

I have tried countless "Spray Detailers" from various makers and a range of prices. But NOTHING compares to the overall Performance and Value (at any price) of these Sprays pictured here! They go on and buff off effortlessly! And the shine is fantastic! But what really is amazing is the performance. Meaning after rain or washes this stuff sticks to paint incredibly well. Here's a fresh detail using them both...

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
THAT goes without saying! Great point. I clay bar my cars twice a year (more if needed) and thoroughly clean the surface before applying any type of wax or sealant.

I just wanted to share this amazing product and value with you all. :thumbup:

#10 ·
https://www.detailersdomain.com Take a look around Phil's website he's got a lot of nice inventory and he runs a really nice detailing shop in North Jersey. I get 90% of my stuff from him, usually when he has a sale. He also does an open house every spring so I stock up then too. I also get a lot of stuff from Adams. I guess I'm not really dedicated to one brand, I like trying new stuff. I try to buy what I can in bulk. I have couple of BMW's and an old 944 turbo so there's always something that needs attention. I always wait for sales and free shipping.

#11 ·
wanted to add a product that I've been using for a LONG time that is incredible... IRONX decontamination spray! It works wonders on a car's paint by removing all the iron/metal filings from brake pads/rotors and rail dust.

Look at a video on youtube and you'll be impressed. It smells ungodly bad but works well.

#12 ·
wanted to add a product that I've been using for a LONG time that is incredible... IRONX decontamination spray! It works wonders on a car's paint by removing all the iron/metal filings from brake pads/rotors and rail dust.

Look at a video on youtube and you'll be impressed. It smells ungodly bad but works well.
CarPro products are nothing short of phenomenal. All my family cars are wearing CQuartz UK3 and Gliss.

Reset shampoo is a must have.
Ech20 is a versatile rinseless/waterless product. Combined with Reload and distilled water it is a spectacular detailer spray.
Essence Extreme Gloss Enhancer and Ceriglass are great polishing products
And Eraser smells wonderful

#16 ·
I use only Klasse products now

I used to be a Meguiar's user until I discovered Klasse products. They have an all-in-one cleaner which is non-abrasive (comes in an orange bottle) and does an excellent job alone, or used as a prep coat for their High-gloss sealant-glaze, which is how I use it on both my E46 and F25. I wash the car, then apply the "cleaner" then wipe it off - it comes off very easily. I then apply the high-gloss sealant-glaze (silver bottle), then wipe it off. It doesn't matter if you get either of these on rubber around the windows or anything else, it wipes off easily. BTW, if you use either product on your windshield, it is as good, or better than Rain-X. The sealant-glaze wipes off just as easily as the cleaner, so you can apply either to the entire car, then wipe it off easily. When you're done, you have a beautiful "wet-look" shine, and you won't have to polish the car again for a good year.
Check out Klasse products at http://www.klasseusa.com/kalsse-high-gloss-sealan-glaze.html :thumbup:

Attachments

#17 ·
I myself have been using a big aray of different products as a detailer here is just some of the big ones.

Adam's Polishes
Meguiar's
P & S
Chemical Guys
Griot's Garage

and for my Microfibers I use mainly

The Rag Company

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.