squeaking from rear console - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 Roadster, E86 Z4 Coupe, E85 Z4 M Roadster, and E86 Z4 M Coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 Z4 3.0
squeaking from rear console

Hi Z4 owners. I haven't posted for quite some time and have just been enjoying the car. When I first purchased my 2005 Z4 3.0 in 2015, there was an annoying squeaking sound coming from behind my head. I found the cause through this forum and fixed it however it has returned and I can't quite remember how I went about the repair. It involved opening the top section of the rear console. Inside there are springs and they rub against the plastic causing the noise. I applied some white grease around the springs and it has been good for 4 years but I suspect the grease has dried out. Can someone advise on how to open up the top section of the console? I think someone posted a really good DIY with pictures on how to do it.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
Today's Posts Search