Cerium Gray Touch Up Paint - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > The Detail Department

The Detail Department
Detailing tips, tricks to keep your bimmer in showroom condition.

Old 03-07-2019, 02:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to jdeday
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X3 3.0
Cerium Gray Touch Up Paint

I am looking for a source of Cerium Gray touch up paint to repair a few chips on the front bumper accent pieces on my 2018 X3 M40i? Talking with my dealers parts department BMW does not have a touch up tube available.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

SOLD and LIVES ON: 2005 X3 3.0, Mystic Blue Metallic, Sand Beige Leather Interior, Birch Grain Light Wood Trim, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Satellite Radio Prep, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Heated Steering Wheel, Premium Sound, Power Folding Mirrors and Navigation Retrofit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2019, 07:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 530i Sport
https://www.automotivetouchup.com/
Old 03-08-2019, 05:23 PM
C code: 405/3

Mein Auto: 99 Z3 M Coupe
You're not the only guy looking for Cerium Gray. Nobody seems to handle/have it so, you're going to have to do a bit more work.

I'm not sure how large your town is, Selinsgrove PA. Go to a car accessory shop with a big paint department and explain your situation. Also, some of the autobody shops will be able to help also. Not all, but some of these paint departments have a little hand scanner and they can scan the color of the paint and reproduce it right then and there. They'll mix up the color for you as you wait. For me, JB Auto Supply in Victoria did it for me with the DD.
They'll even sell you a little bottle of clearcoat if you're touching up wheels/mirrors.
Good luck, and keep us in the loop with your results.
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnz3mc View Post
You're not the only guy looking for Cerium Gray. Nobody seems to handle/have it so, you're going to have to do a bit more work.

I'm not sure how large your town is, Selinsgrove PA. Go to a car accessory shop with a big paint department and explain your situation. Also, some of the autobody shops will be able to help also. Not all, but some of these paint departments have a little hand scanner and they can scan the color of the paint and reproduce it right then and there. They'll mix up the color for you as you wait. For me, JB Auto Supply in Victoria did it for me with the DD.
They'll even sell you a little bottle of clearcoat if you're touching up wheels/mirrors.
Good luck, and keep us in the loop with your results.
Thank you for your suggestions. I contacted my BMW dealers body shop but they were of no help. my next step is a paint supply store.

SOLD and LIVES ON: 2005 X3 3.0, Mystic Blue Metallic, Sand Beige Leather Interior, Birch Grain Light Wood Trim, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Satellite Radio Prep, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Heated Steering Wheel, Premium Sound, Power Folding Mirrors and Navigation Retrofit
Old 03-10-2019, 08:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 530i Sport
What is the paint code (number)? There should be a plate somewhere, like under the hood, that give the paint code.

Last edited by crazy4trains; 03-10-2019 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4trains View Post
What is the paint code (number)? There should be a plate somewhere, like under the hood, that give the paint code.
I found a UK supplier that has Matte Cerium Grey. Here is the address:
https://www.wheelpaints.co.uk/CAR-MA...RIUM-GREY.Html

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > The Detail Department
Today's Posts Search